JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   OT: Our neighbours (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2633365-ot-our-neighbours.html)

mccaroline March 9th, 2013 06:42 PM

OT: Our neighbours

Many of you have listened to me complain about our neighbours on multiple occations. For those of you who don't know, we're in a semi, our neighbours attached to us moved in at the same time we had DS. They are 4-5 college guys and at times all their girlfriends. They are rude, loud, and extremely annoying. I truly hate living next to them.

Anyways, I have good news! We found a house, not only does it have 4 bedrooms so the girls no longer have to share, but it's not attached to anyone! It's also in the same small village that I grew up in and close to my parents. It's right across the road from a park and splash pad and just down the street from the library.

So we looked at it a couple of times this past week and put in an offer this weekend. We went back and forth a couple of times with the offer and we just got word that it's been accepted, we bought it! I can't wait to move away from my neighbours!

Quantum_Leap March 9th, 2013 09:25 PM

Re: OT: Our neighbours

That's awesome news! Neighbors can be such a pain. The right location makes all the difference. Congrats!

momie2b9-20-11 March 9th, 2013 09:48 PM

Yeah, how exciting!!! Wonderful news.

marieks85 March 9th, 2013 09:58 PM

Congrats!!

tricia_16_ March 10th, 2013 06:19 AM

Congratulations Caroline!!! So happy for you guys :) post some pics when you can!!!

Hazel March 10th, 2013 06:26 AM

Congratulations!

joonzgurl March 10th, 2013 06:35 AM

Horay! Congrats on the new home purchase!

mccaroline March 10th, 2013 06:54 AM

Thanks ladies. I'm very excited!

We had to give up some things we're used to in order to get it, but the house is over 100 years old so that was to be expected. It only has 1 bathroom and we've gotten used to having 2, it doesn't have a/c which I will miss, and I'm leaving behind the kitchen that I designed and helped build myself.

But we're getting 4 bedrooms instead of 3, there is a playroom/office on the main floor, the kitchen is huge compaired to what I have, and the location is ideal. The biggest thing we like is that it's outside the city and in a small village, and when I say small I mean you can walk from one end of the village to the other in 10 min or less.

We're going for a home inspection tomorrow night I'll take my camera with me.

mandy5586 March 10th, 2013 07:41 AM

How exciting!!! That's great news for you guys! I hope the home inspection goes well!

Leogirl March 10th, 2013 08:18 AM

How exciting! Congrats on your new home! Maybe you can add stuff like a bathroom and a/c later.

mccaroline March 10th, 2013 10:59 AM

The kitchen we can fix up because it's large and empty and a/c would be a fairly simple add in, expensive but simple. The only thing I'm not sure we'll ever be able to add is a bathroom. With the house being so old the bathroom that's there is an add on to the house as it is. The bonus is it's a huge bathroom.

~Rae~ March 10th, 2013 11:44 AM

Great news! Unless you build, it always seems like you have to compromise your wants.
I'd trade 2 bathrooms for 1 any day to move away from worrisome neighbors!

r&lsmama March 10th, 2013 01:22 PM

Oh that's so exciting! Great news :)

ChristyO March 11th, 2013 05:16 AM

That's great news! We live in a condo with very quiet, respectful neighbors...most of them work long hours in the film and tv industry and are rarely even home...but my last apartment? Omg it was awful! The guy that lived in the building behind me had this psycho girlfriend that would get drunk and start yelling and stomping around in the wee hours...and on Sundays they'd have bbqs on their patio with the music cranked way up past 10 or 11 at night, AND they had this yappy dog that would bark non stop all morning long! SO glad to be rid of them!

Rachel March 11th, 2013 09:12 AM

How exciting!

mom2more March 11th, 2013 09:28 AM

So exciting!! Glad you get to move away from your awful neighbors too!!! We have had some awful neighbors before so I know how frustrating it can be! Hope your new neighbors are wonderful!

mccaroline March 11th, 2013 04:59 PM

The new neighbours we will have sound nice. One side is a family with 2 young children and the other side is an older couple who have lived there for years.

I have some pictures that I took tonight, I have to upload them so I can post them here.