JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Holiday-themed clothes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2633911-holiday-themed-clothes.html)

GoldenTickets March 11th, 2013 06:11 PM

Holiday-themed clothes

So as I put a Christmas shirt on E today (a Charlie Brown Christmas shirt), I began to wonder... do you other ladies put LO in holiday shirts after the holiday? When do you start putting LO in holiday-themed shirts/outfits?

For Christmas shirts, I start putting E in these shirts the day after Thanksgiving. I had a jack-o-lantern shirt this year, and E started wearing in late September. I have some Christmas pajamas for E, and he wore them for the first time on Christmas Eve (so I could make sure they'd look good Christmas morning!) I got an Uncle Sam shirt last year right before Memorial Day last year. E wore it for the first time on Memorial Day, but it was added to the "rotation" right after that. And he wore it on July 4th, of course!

baby boy - graphic tees - St. Patrick's graphic tee | Children's Clothing | Kids Clothes | The Children's Place

I fell in love with this shirt, and E will wear it for the first time on St. Patricks day! I have a Star Wars shirt, and E is going to wear it on May 4th! Star Wars Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I'm actually sad that May 4th is on a weekend, because I wanted him to go to day care with his Star Wars shirt on Star Wars Day!

E will wear all shirts after the holiday, even Christmas shirts (obviously). I don't put him in the Christmas shirts as often as others, but it still happens when his other shirts are dirty or I need some variety!

Aenyx March 11th, 2013 06:19 PM

Re: Holiday-themed clothes

I usually don't buy a lot of holiday shirts unless I happen upon a really cute one. Usually I try to aim for something that's kinda holiday but will be ok after. For example Alex has a few halloween shirts she still wears but they don't specifically say happy halloween or anything. One has a pirate skull on it, one has a black cat face on the front and a tail printed on the back and one has a glittery spider on it. At Christmas time I think I got her something with just cute deer on it.

mandy5586 March 11th, 2013 06:41 PM

I do. The other day, Brynlee wore a Christmas themed shirt that says, "Mommy's little present". She has been wearing her Valentine's Day outfits, and recently wore a Halloween shirt with black leggings. Like April said, they don't specifically say "Merry Christmas", "Happy Halloween", or anything so I don't see why not especially when I usually buy a bow to match, lol

Rachel March 12th, 2013 08:43 AM

I don't generally buy themed things because I feel like it's a waste of money if they don't wear them enough. That being said, my brother and SIL bought Keelan some Christmas pjs for Christmas and he's still wearing them because they fit and that's all that matters for PJs.

irishblessing March 12th, 2013 10:17 AM

I don't buy a lot of themed clothes, but if they have some and they fit I will let them wear them regardless of if they are in season or not. Usually just at home though.

Leogirl March 12th, 2013 10:32 AM

I try not to buy Holiday themed things. I don't celebrate Christmas per se and there are several others I don't do traditionally so they just don't fit into my life style. However I don't see anything wrong with wearing a Star Wars shirt at any point in time.:D (I'm wearing one today!)

~Rae~ March 12th, 2013 12:23 PM

I started to buy a few things once Layla entered preschool since it's all the rage amongst the 3 year olds. Lol.
I let her wear it the week of the holiday, then I use them as pjs. They're always cheap, cotton sets that pretty much look like pjs once you wash them anyway.

8miraclez March 12th, 2013 02:57 PM

I have a few holiday themed shirts that have been passed down and the kids wear them whenever they fit. I have to admit, I bought a valentines shirt for Natalie the other day that she has been wearing around. I couldn't pass it up for $1.50

GoldenTickets March 12th, 2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leogirl (Post 27188150)
I try not to buy Holiday themed things. I don't celebrate Christmas per se and there are several others I don't do traditionally so they just don't fit into my life style. However I don't see anything wrong with wearing a Star Wars shirt at any point in time.:D (I'm wearing one today!)

Oh, he's definitely going to wear his Star Wars shirt anytime! But for sure on May 4th. lol. He'll start wearing it whenever it gets warm enough

I rarely see other kids in E's day care classroom wearing holiday shirts off-season, so I wonder if other parents do what I do (and I just don't see it), or E is unique. Regardless, I don't care! He's too young to know that the shirt is off-season and clothes are too expensive to only wear for the holiday!

Rebecca - the Uncle Sam shirt I bought last year, I got again this year because it was on clearance for $1.25! I understand about it being difficult to resist a good deal, even if it is a holiday shirt! I bought some clearance Halloween pj's for $3 last month.. they're pj's, who cares about the holiday season. (And I hate paying full price for pjs...)

ChristyO March 15th, 2013 12:22 AM

Haley doesn't really have any holiday themed clothes, but as for myself I still wear a pair of Halloween jammies I got from Target, lol...pink jammie pants with jack o' lanterns on them! ;)

r&lsmama March 15th, 2013 06:40 AM

We don't buy holiday themed shirts really. If they are given to us, we use them. I have no problem using them on the "off season" specially if they are cute.