JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   How can you tell when you're child is ready for a nap? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2634420-how-can-you-tell-when-youre-child-ready-for-nap.html)

Rachel March 13th, 2013 11:24 AM

How can you tell when you're child is ready for a nap?

Or bedtime?

Do do you do nap and bedtime at the same time every day?

mccaroline March 13th, 2013 11:27 AM

Re: How can you tell when you're child is ready for a nap?

Nap time and bedtime are close to the same time everyday. It varies within a half hour either way depending on what we are doing that day.

It's easy to tell when DS is ready for a nap or bed, he tells you "night night" gives you a kiss and aims himself towards the stairs.

~Rae~ March 13th, 2013 11:59 AM

We're pretty scheduled over here, so I pop him in his crib when it's time for bed & he goes to sleep. Occasionally he'll ask to go early, & that's usually in the form of acting up or crying.

KMQ March 13th, 2013 12:08 PM

Evan collects his bedtime things (soother, blankie and sometimes a book) and heads to the stairs when he's ready. His naptime and bedtimes are generally around the same time, but we're flexible.

FallinWoman March 13th, 2013 01:01 PM

His naptime varies greatly. He lets me know by coming to me an asking to nurse. And by asking I mean flopping on the floor in an overly dramatic fashion.

Bedtime is more consistent. He and his brother get a 30 minute show while drinking milk. Then he nurses. Then he marches straight to his room.

tricia_16_ March 13th, 2013 01:29 PM

We put her down at the same time every day (or pretty close)!

She just looks exhausted when she's tired.

jmom March 13th, 2013 05:30 PM

Josie starts rubbing her eyes or twirling her hair. She also gets much slower with her movements. She's generally within 30 minutes of both nap and bedtime, but sometimes naps are off by more. Twirling her hair is the biggest sign. It's so cute!

irishblessing March 13th, 2013 05:42 PM

Bedtime is usually pretty close to the same time. I put him down when he starts to get a bit more irritable, looks tired, or it starts to get way past his bedtime. Naps are a bit more inconsistent. He usually lets me know he's ready for that by getting his pillow and blanket out.

marieks85 March 13th, 2013 06:29 PM

We do bed time and nap time at same time. Daylight savings has thrown things off a bit but were working on getting back to normal. If he's tired earlier he usually rubs his eyes, lays down, or becomes overly emotional.

jdt March 14th, 2013 12:30 AM

Joshua ends up laying on the floor with his blankie and paci when he is super tired. This mainly happens at night.

For naptimes he may do the same thing but usually he tends to get very cranky and clingy. Naptimes are never consistent. Bedtime lately has been a little more consistent.

momie2b9-20-11 March 14th, 2013 10:37 AM

Kynslee usually gets more tired and grumpy. Sometimes she'll start twirling her hair but that's usually once we give her the pacifier.

Bedtime is usually within 30 mins (later usually though on weekends so DH and I can try and sleep in a little). Naps are inconsistent and whenever she wants to nap.

HeatherLopez March 14th, 2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Rae~ (Post 27191910)
We're pretty scheduled over here, so I pop him in his crib when it's time for bed & he goes to sleep. Occasionally he'll ask to go early, & that's usually in the form of acting up or crying.

ditto.

Nap time is usually around 1:30 every day, but some days she starts getting cranky earlier. She does not have a ton of words yet, but when she starts getting cranky I'll ask her if she needs a nap and usually she looks up at me all sad and says "yeah."

E Mama March 14th, 2013 06:59 PM

E started walking up the stairs all by himself today when he wanted to go to bed! He still played around a little in his room as I was preparing his bath and everything, but after bath and reading, he went straight to his crib!