JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Help me pick my baby's name :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2635433-help-me-pick-my-babys-name.html)

kazarmo March 17th, 2013 07:47 AM

Help me pick my baby's name :)

Well name issues again. I've known you ladies for awhile, the ones that still post here, haha and am looking for some input. My ddc of March is not very active and the baby name board is only so so active on my posts.

so just looking to see what name you would choose and why. i'm going to copy and paste what I wrote in the baby name board.

Yesterday SO suggested

Aria and he says he still likes Joanna.

So basically it's up to me to choose between

Joanna (joey would be nm)
Nadia (dia would be nm)
Aria (r-ee would be nm)

I don't know which one to choose in a way I like them all but I also hate having names be popular. It looks likes Joanna was popular back in the 80's and it does kind of remind me of an 80's name
Nadia is pretty, but is it to much for a girl growing up.
Aria I think is beautiful but I worry about people mispronouncing it as well.

sareymac March 17th, 2013 09:18 AM

Re: Help me pick my baby's name :)

Aria was our girl choice last time! But now its so popular, but still VERY pretty!!! :) Sooo that gets my vote!!

Julka March 17th, 2013 09:34 AM

How about Ariana? It's a nice combination of Aria and Joanna :) (I'm just saying this because Ariana would have been Sebastian's name had he been a girl). I do agree Joanna is very 70's-80's, every Joanna I know is in the age range of 28-35.

D@mnedYankee March 17th, 2013 10:44 AM

Out of the 3 you listed I prefer Nadia, probably cause I know a Nadia who is a very sweet woman and I do think we get some of our personalities from our names. But I do like Julia's suggestion of Ariana (its pretty easy to pronounce too so issues with that in school should be minimized)

kazarmo March 17th, 2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sareymac (Post 27203268)
Aria was our girl choice last time! But now its so popular, but still VERY pretty!!! :) Sooo that gets my vote!!

I really love the sound of Aria, but now it's coming up in popularity and I hate hate popular names. Like my oldest's name is Karena and she went to a school one time where there were 3 other girls named Karena in her class!!!!

I'm like how in the he** is that possible when no one I've ever talked to has heard that name before. lol
It's still an unpopular name I think though.

I just found out tonight that the name Aria is from a tv show too, Pretty little liars. Now that worries me too because the show is a hit I guess so people will hear the name all the time.

I'm liking them all and just can't make a decision about naming this one. I guess when she decides to make her appearance is when I decide, lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by D@mnedYankee (Post 27203386)
Out of the 3 you listed I prefer Nadia, probably cause I know a Nadia who is a very sweet woman and I do think we get some of our personalities from our names. But I do like Julia's suggestion of Ariana (its pretty easy to pronounce too so issues with that in school should be minimized)

I also like the fact that Nadia is a name that people have heard of but it's not in the top 200 either. It's easy to pronounce and people will know how to pronounce it.

now to just make a decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julka (Post 27203291)
How about Ariana? It's a nice combination of Aria and Joanna :) (I'm just saying this because Ariana would have been Sebastian's name had he been a girl). I do agree Joanna is very 70's-80's, every Joanna I know is in the age range of 28-35.

I like the sound of that, but i'm pretty sure SO vetoed it awhile ago. Plus I looked it up tonight and it's in the top 100 no matter how you spell it. That's a huge no no in my naming book, :D

ShelleyB80 March 17th, 2013 06:05 PM

Aria stood out to me right away. I can see how people might mispronounce it, though. My second choice would be Joanna.

amrose March 18th, 2013 08:41 PM

I like Nadia. A lady i work with named her daughter Nadia. They call her Nani or Nadi as a nick name.

sareymac March 19th, 2013 05:25 AM

Yes I love pretty little liars which is why we did away with aria from our list. I went to school with a karena lol I like arianna or ariana however u spell.it, a lot. Sorry im mobile so there may be a few autoincorrects.lol

kazarmo March 19th, 2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sareymac (Post 27208266)
Yes I love pretty little liars which is why we did away with aria from our list. I went to school with a karena lol I like arianna or ariana however u spell.it, a lot. Sorry im mobile so there may be a few autoincorrects.lol

I've never heard of this show until someone on the baby name board mentioned it. I don't watch that much tv though. I usually spend my evenings after Lina goes to bed on the computer.
I do watch jeopardy almost every night and survivor.

hey i'm goign to stop talking now and tell you this would be a great topic to have people discuss their favorite shows and why they like them.

Julka March 19th, 2013 07:56 AM

There is also an Aria in the Game of Thrones show, spelled Arya I think..

bmarti07 March 20th, 2013 08:12 AM

Nadia gets my vote. It's not common and very pretty. The only reason I don't care for Aria is because it's the name of the software system we use at work....so that's what I think about when I hear it. Let us know what you end up with!