JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Counting, colors, and shapes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2636355-counting-colors-and-shapes.html)

r&lsmama March 20th, 2013 12:50 PM

Counting, colors, and shapes

Have you started teaching your LO their colors, shapes, or numbers ?

Layla can count to 5, and often counts as she goes up and down stairs. She knows some shapes; like circles, squares, stars, heart. colors not to many yet, we are going to work on them soon. she really points out blue and green.

~Rae~ March 20th, 2013 04:22 PM

Re: Counting, colors, and shapes

He counts when going up the stairs, but they are often out of sequence when he gets past 7 or 8.
He can not identify any colors, shapes, or numbers yet.

CoreenaC March 20th, 2013 04:28 PM

He counts to three and knows green. We are working on more colors and shapes.

GoldenTickets March 20th, 2013 06:25 PM

No to everything!:( Of course, I've been learning recently that E is learning a lot at day care and I just don't know. I realized a couple weeks ago that he knows the sign for "please," and probably has for some time (I just didn't realize it). He rubs his belly with both hands for please... lol! I think he knows the signs for yes and no, although he's not consistent with using them. (He definitely shakes his head no though!) I think he may know lots of words that I just haven't deciphered/realized yet. Clothes off is "co cah," Mickey is "dee" or "dee dee," Goofy is "goo goo." We don't really review colors or numbers at home (although I am sure he's done it at day care), so maybe he knows it and just hasn't told us yet! :smile:

mandy5586 March 20th, 2013 07:00 PM

She only counts to three. She knows purple, yellow, and blue. She says green and red but doesn't identify them. She doesn't identify shapes. She's good at putting the right shapes in the shape sorter and using the shape app on my phone, but doesn't identify them.

teacher.123 March 20th, 2013 07:02 PM

I always point colors out like I say: "Do you see the blue easter egg?" etc.

She can make a diamond with her hands when we do Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. We have shape flashcards that we trace with a finger.

Counting she likes to do. She likes to count her fingers, toes, and animals in books. She isn't speaking much yet though so she points to them and goes, "Da, Da, Da, Da, Da."

FallinWoman March 20th, 2013 07:46 PM

He says, "One, two, three, GO!" When he is about to roll the ball to me or push one of his cars. Otherwise, no counting. He still isn't saying many words at all.

HeatherLopez March 20th, 2013 07:54 PM

um. Ari can say "HI" lol, she is not quite as advanced as your LOs

Quantum_Leap March 20th, 2013 08:33 PM

Beau's still not really talking yet. He only knows a few words. He does, however, totally know the letter "E" and the letter "M." :lol: He gets all excited and points to them and yells their names them whenever he sees them. Don't ask me why it's just those two letters! Silly boy.

navywifey2003 March 20th, 2013 09:08 PM

No to everything.

momie2b9-20-11 March 21st, 2013 09:41 AM

I ditto the no to everything. Kynslee knows a lot of words but she doesn't know any of those. She knows her manner pretty good though.

Rachel March 21st, 2013 09:43 AM

We've started with counting, but not anything else yet.

irishblessing March 21st, 2013 09:56 AM

Dominic can say a lot of numbers but only counts in order to "2" so far. He can also say most of the colors (orange and pink are the ones he doesn't say) but doesn't always identify them correctly. He doesn't know any shapes that I know of.

~*Nicole*~ March 21st, 2013 11:43 AM

No to all those! She knows her basic body parts though and says please and thank you :p She has no desire to sit and learn counting or shapes, she's always on the go...

tricia_16_ March 21st, 2013 12:29 PM

No to all! I have never tried to teach her lol She knows every body part though (eyes, ears, hair, head, mouth, tongue, teeth, nose, elbow, knee, feet, toes, hands, fingers, belly, back, bum, boobies, leg, arm...)

I am sure if I started she would catch on quickly. I didn't realize I was supposed to yet lol