JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   How is your LO when you shop? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2636412-how-your-lo-when-you-shop.html)

Amanda21 March 20th, 2013 04:21 PM

How is your LO when you shop?

OMG...Kelsey is a terrible shopper lately. This afternoon we went to Wal-mart and as soon as we get into the store, she is pointing to something that she wants to hold and then freaking out when she doesn't get it. She does this through the entire store!! She can spot Minnie Mouse on ANYTHING...I swear, no aisle is safe....we go into the shampoo aisle and she spots a darn Minnie Mouse on a bottle and wants to hold it......cereal aisle and of course she spots Elmo on a box of cereal.......light bulb aisle and she spots a Minnie Mouse night light. AHHHHHHHHHH I had to battle with her through the whole store. It's getting out of control.

GoldenTickets March 20th, 2013 06:30 PM

Re: How is your LO when you shop?

E just wants up all the time in the store! He says "um um um!" I was at JCPenny with him last week, and he was in the stroller next to a shelf with clothes. I walk away with him and a few minutes later I see him playing with a couple shirts (that he had grabbed while I was looking at something... lol!)

Overall though, he's still okay in stores. Which is great, because I'll go to stores sometimes when I just want to walk around someplace (it's too cold to do it outside still).

hkystar March 20th, 2013 06:52 PM

It depends on Susie' s mood. If it's the grocery store I get her something to eat or let her walk/push the cart to keep her occupied.

Quantum_Leap March 20th, 2013 08:48 PM

Beau never wants to sit in the cart. He always wants to get out and walk around. He'll try to lunge out of his seat and scream at me until I let him down. So yeah, pain in the rear. :p

Rachel March 21st, 2013 09:29 AM

Keelan is horrible too. We usually wait to shop when someone can watch the kids.

irishblessing March 21st, 2013 10:01 AM

Dominic is alright for short periods of time. But if I take too long he starts acting up. If he sees any sort of ball shaped thing (including melons, apples, oranges) he has a meltdown because he wants them so it makes fruit shopping annoying. Once I've been in the store too long he will start trying to escape the cart and saying "Down! Down!" But if I let him down he is a nightmare after a few minutes and there is no way I can push a shopping cart and keep him under control. I hate shopping..... lol

momie2b9-20-11 March 21st, 2013 10:03 AM

Kynslee is usually pretty good. But I usually wait to do big grocery shopping when DH is able to go with us and Kynslee has both of us to help occupy her. But, Kynslee is a social butterfly and loves all the people and goes around telling them hi and bye bye:rolleyes: If we are out at the mall or a store for a while I'll sometimes let her out and push the stroller or shopping cart. If she gets bored I usually have snacks ready for her.

~Rae~ March 21st, 2013 11:34 AM

Horrible, and that's why I don't take him anymore. I got so flustered last time that I picked up wrong items & left without buying a few things on my list.
He's not going again until he's 3.

wingqueen26 March 21st, 2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda21 (Post 27213837)
OMG...Kelsey is a terrible shopper lately. This afternoon we went to Wal-mart and as soon as we get into the store, she is pointing to something that she wants to hold and then freaking out when she doesn't get it. She does this through the entire store!! She can spot Minnie Mouse on ANYTHING...I swear, no aisle is safe....we go into the shampoo aisle and she spots a darn Minnie Mouse on a bottle and wants to hold it......cereal aisle and of course she spots Elmo on a box of cereal.......light bulb aisle and she spots a Minnie Mouse night light. AHHHHHHHHHH I had to battle with her through the whole store. It's getting out of control.

:that:

Aenyx March 21st, 2013 03:51 PM

She's not too bad usually. Occasionally she get tired of being im the cart and tries to stand up.
She's also bad sometimes about trying to reach and touch everything she can.
Overall though she's not awful, which is good since I don't have a choice but to take her right now. Plus I like to go walk around and kill time sometimes.

Amanda21 March 21st, 2013 04:07 PM

It's super annoying since Kelsey doesn't know how to chew yet, so I can't give her snacks in the store to occupy her. Grrrr

Hazel March 21st, 2013 04:31 PM

Most of the time she is occupied with waving at people and yelling HI at them

r&lsmama March 21st, 2013 05:36 PM

She's okay fr short periods, but gets fussy after that.

~Rae~ March 21st, 2013 05:38 PM

Do you give her those puff cereal things yet? They're snack size & pretty much dissolve in their mouths.

mandy5586 March 21st, 2013 05:55 PM

She's good. We've only had a problem once and it was at Sam's Club. She had just a snack size bag of oreos and when they were all gone...she was a brat.

navywifey2003 March 21st, 2013 07:47 PM

He's really good usually, unless its nap time. What about those squeeze baby food pouches?

sweetgirl51305 March 22nd, 2013 10:23 AM

It really depends. Lately she's been wanting to not stay in the shopping cart. She wants to be held. Not really even walk. If we have the stroller she does a little better. We try to keep long shopping trips to days she's at school just so we can have time to look and not be rushed.

Field Mouse March 22nd, 2013 07:02 PM

He's pretty bad! He wants to be held instead of sitting in the child part of the cart. Then, he wants to get down and push the cart and tonight he was making a B-line for the door. He says "car, car" because he wants to go and then when he gets really impatient (tonight it was after 10 minutes) he cries and flings his body around and doesn't want to be held.

tobi4 March 22nd, 2013 07:04 PM

Oh thank god it's not just us!! He's horrible. Kicks and screams to get out and walk around. Tosses put anything he can reach in the cart. I've chased a bouncing cantaloupe. He bites the bread through the plastic. Sigh. He's such a handful.

KMQ March 23rd, 2013 04:50 AM

Most of the time he's not bad. I've never let him walk in a store so he has no idea such a thing exists :D He only started walking full time about 2 months ago too, and up until a few days ago he would not walk in winter boots. He does the reach-y thing too, so I usually grab a small toy or a book or something off the shelf and let him hold it while we shop, then ditch it before we get to the till. Shopping with both kids is another story- they fight the whole time if they sit side by side in the cart and it drives me absolutely nuts.