JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Breastfeeding - Aunt Flow Question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2636619-breastfeeding-aunt-flow-question.html)

momie2b9-20-11 March 21st, 2013 10:32 AM

Breastfeeding - Aunt Flow Question

WARNING :tmi: I weaned Kynslee a little over 2 months ago at 15 1/2 months. AF didn't show until about 13 1/2 months Post Pardon and has been super irregular and coming about every 2 weeks or so or sometimes waiting 6 weeks between some. Well, I figured that since my body was still getting adjusted and heard it was normal. Well, this last week I have been slightly spotting (mainly when I wipe and only light pink with occasionally a little normal red) and seems weird. My main question is - is this normal? I've been having regular periods as far as normal bleeding even though they having been coming randomly. Is it normal to randomly start spotting and slightly spotting at that? It's not spotting enough to use a pad even. Is my body doing this to try and adjust to normal regular cycles or should I contact my doctor? Also (More TMI) last night I noticed I was slightly swollen down there.

tricia_16_ March 21st, 2013 12:31 PM

Re: Breastfeeding - Aunt Flow Question

I'm not sure :S I only ever had regular cycles even after BFing.

Rachel March 21st, 2013 01:05 PM

It is normal to be irregular once you get it back after not having it for so long. Is there any chance you may be pregnant?

Also, can I say that I am sooooo jealous that you didn't get yours back till 13.5 months! We're still breastfeeding and I've had mine since 4 or 5 months.

irishblessing March 21st, 2013 01:55 PM

I'm still breastfeeding. I got my first PP period back in November so I have had 4 cycles so far I believe. They have been normal just with heavier flow (and I think one was later than normal like 6 weeks apart)

Is there any chance of being pregnant? It's possible it's just inconsistent to start up again but I would probably check it out with your DR to be sure.

momie2b9-20-11 March 21st, 2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel (Post 27216926)
It is normal to be irregular once you get it back after not having it for so long. Is there any chance you may be pregnant?

Also, can I say that I am sooooo jealous that you didn't get yours back till 13.5 months! We're still breastfeeding and I've had mine since 4 or 5 months.

I thought about the option of possibly being pregnant but I'm on the mini-pill. We for sure are not trying. But, that doesn't mean I can't be I guess. What do you think - you think they may be part of pregnant symptoms?

Well, I'm glad I didn't have AF back so soon as I bled for a good 2 1/2 - 3 months and then spotted off and on for a couple months and was finally able to not wear a liner at around 4.5 - 5 months PP.

Also, about 2 months ago I called my OB and told her AF was coming randomly and they said that it was normal.

Rachel March 21st, 2013 02:42 PM

Pink spotting could be implantation bleeding. That was all that prompted me to ask. The mini pill is the kind you have to take consistently the same time every day, right?

Dee Darling 3 March 21st, 2013 02:58 PM

Does the mini-pill still work if you're not breastfeeding? Is that the progesterone only pill? If so, then it may not be as effective since you've weaned. That could also be causing your symptoms.

Hazel March 21st, 2013 04:47 PM

After Sterling, my periods were all over the place and it took a few cycles after he weaned to start getting regular again.

I haven't had a period since July 2008 so I have no idea what to expect this time around!

Leogirl March 21st, 2013 05:30 PM

I just wanted to chime in that a lot of people have irregular bleeding/break though bleeding with the mini-pill. You may want to try switching your birth control since you aren't breast feeding anymore. It's SUPER important that you take it at the exact same time every day.

momie2b9-20-11 March 21st, 2013 10:14 PM

I have no idea if it still works after bfing. I thought of implantation bleeding but with Kynslee implantation was only a few days not a week. I don't know - I'm just confused! If it could be pregnancy, how long should I wait to test? I do know I had a period in early February.

Yes, the pill has to be taken at same time every day, but we have 2 alarms set in the evening (5 mins apart to be sure we get the pill) and we haven't missed a night. The only thing is we forgot to adjust our alarms to the hour time difference. But, I hear that as long as you take it within an hour it should be fine. But, I don't know for sure. I go at the end of next month for my yearly checkup but I guess I could call before then and tell them what's going on and see what I should do.

jdt March 22nd, 2013 02:23 AM

I'm like Rachel I wasn't lucky enough to not get it for the duration i was breast feeding. Mine came back about 3-4 months after giving birth. I nursed until almost 17 months. It took a few months though to get it back on track though.

I'm with the other gals too maybe double check to make sure you aren't preggie again. I don't think the mini pill is as effective. ( i could totally be wrong though)

momie2b9-20-11 March 24th, 2013 10:03 PM

Well, I have a normal period now. So strange to lightly spot for a week and half before a regular period. URRR.... I want normal cycles again!!