JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Discipline (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2636756-discipline.html)

Rachel March 21st, 2013 03:47 PM

Discipline

What sort of things do you do with your LO when the misbehave?

Time out?
Redirection?
Something else?

r&lsmama March 21st, 2013 06:42 PM

Re: Discipline

We recently started "time outs". With ry we have him sit for the amount of minutes for his age (3). She has seen that, and knows the time out "spot". so...she sits for 1 minute.

mandy5586 March 21st, 2013 06:51 PM

We redirect and we've recently started time outs. We haven't been consistent though, but we're working on it.

jdt March 22nd, 2013 03:27 AM

I mainly try and redirect or I will give him a firm No, depending on what he did.

I havent started time outs yet b/c i personally don't believe he's ready for them yet.

~Rae~ March 22nd, 2013 05:16 AM

He's seen Layla go to time out, so he heads there sometimes after I fuss at him. It's pretty funny. Honestly, I don't know what to do with him. He's past the just redirecting stage, but time outs can only be on his terms otherwise he won't stay there.
I think once he's two, he'll get it more.
I also know I need to be more consistent with him. Tim says I'm too soft on him, which is probably true. He just melts my heart, especially when he pouts & folds his arms or when he says, "peeeese!"
Awwww! :wub:
Sorry, I got distracted, but yeah pretty much no discipline yet.

breathing for two March 22nd, 2013 11:08 AM

I just do redirection. When they're doing something not allowed I'll say "no" and show them what they can do instead

momie2b9-20-11 March 22nd, 2013 05:24 PM

We do several different things depending on what we think would work best.

tobi4 March 22nd, 2013 07:37 PM

We redirect or just remove him from the situation. I don't believe he is ready for time outs.

irishblessing March 22nd, 2013 07:47 PM

I've started doing time outs over the past couple months as it is the only thing that seems to 'stop' the behavior for any length of time. Redirection works at times. If I just tell him NO he may or may not stop but doesn't usually stop for long.

KMQ March 23rd, 2013 05:56 AM

Mostly just redirection. If he's having multiple crazy tantrums, we do a sort of time out- we him in his crib until he calms down. Usually a few minutes by himself with a book or a toy in his crib will chill him out enough that the tantrums stop for a bit.

Dixana March 23rd, 2013 10:19 AM

She's honestly good most of the time all I usually have to do is say "no no" an she corrects herself.
She's gotten a time out a few times when she wouldn't stop hanging on me in front of the stove. while I was making dinner. I live in fear of tripping over one of them and dumping boiling water or something on them so dinner time is horrible here.
My 5 yr old though .....ugh. There is no discipline for him. Nothing works.