JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Those who have stopped nursing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2637213-those-who-have-stopped-nursing.html)

jdt March 23rd, 2013 11:09 AM

Those who have stopped nursing

how long did it take for your milk to dry up?

Dixana March 23rd, 2013 12:35 PM

Re: Those who have stopped nursing

Not long. I mean...I can still get a drop or two if I squeeze but I was never uncomfortable and stopped producing after about a week.

Dee Darling 3 March 23rd, 2013 02:26 PM

If you mean no milk at all and everything back to prepreggo state, that could take u[ to 6 months. With M, I never fully dried up before I got pg with K - 4 months after I weaned her. With K I was fully dried up and back to usual within 5 months. Still working on weaning little rose.

tricia_16_ March 23rd, 2013 04:07 PM

I dried up within a week, but I was pregnant when I weaned her.

8miraclez March 23rd, 2013 09:41 PM

A long time. I probably fully dried up about a month ago, despite being pregnant and not nursing since September. With my baby I nursed for 18 months, it took a year to completely dry up.

MelissaRN March 24th, 2013 01:14 PM

It only took me about a week, but I was pretty uncomfortable for a few days, though it was only my right breast so I probably looked pretty funny too!

jdt March 24th, 2013 01:48 PM

Thanks for the responses. It's been almost 4 months since I stopped and lately they've been feeling kind of heavy. That's when i realized that i can still squeeze drops out. I was shocked. Did some reading through google also and that started freaking me out.

Joshua was the only one of my 3 that i nursed this long and i know with my girls i dried up pretty fast, so i was surprised to realize that I haven't completely dried up yet.

Rachel March 24th, 2013 05:17 PM

I never completely dried up after Daniel.

momie2b9-20-11 March 24th, 2013 10:20 PM

I can still get some milk out pretty easily if I try and I weaned Kynslee over 2 months ago. I didn't realize it'd take so long either. Glad that it's normal. Can't wait for my milk to completely dry and hopefully go down another size. Being a size G / H is HORRIBLE!!!

Smashley March 30th, 2013 12:27 PM

Ayla stopped nursing at 8 months, and it gradually dried up as she weaned, so I was never super uncomfortable. Sometimes I woke up soaked, but not much.

Dee Darling 3 March 31st, 2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 (Post 27225853)
I can still get some milk out pretty easily if I try and I weaned Kynslee over 2 months ago. I didn't realize it'd take so long either. Glad that it's normal. Can't wait for my milk to completely dry and hopefully go down another size. Being a size G / H is HORRIBLE!!!

I don't envy you. I've only gotten up to a DDD at my largest, I couldn't imagine G/H! I finally made it back down to a D, where I started before M was born. I honestly have not been this size since I got pregnant with M. It's not even that I packed on pounds and finally lost them 6 years later.

I hope yours do go down another size or 2 for you.