JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   What does your LO drink? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2639120-what-does-your-lo-drink.html)

mom2more March 30th, 2013 11:39 AM

What does your LO drink?

Mine always wants milk!! He drinks so much of it I switched from Whole milk to 2% because I don't want him getting too much fat.

He will drink a few sips of water here and there, but not much. He sometimes will drink water when my husband adds MIO to it (MIO is like juice flavor stuff). My other son wasn't so picky. What does your LO drink? Any suggestions for getting my LO to drink other stuff besides milk??

mandy5586 March 30th, 2013 01:05 PM

Brynlee drinks a TON of water. She asks for it a lot and we always have her cup and bottled water when we go out and about. She does love milk and drinks it a lot too but I limit it because her poop gets sooo hard and I can tell she is really trying hard to poop. :/

She has watered down juice sometimes, maybe once a week.

I don't really have any suggestions because Brynlee is super easy.

Smashley March 30th, 2013 01:16 PM

Re: What does your LO drink?

water/100%juice/milk. Mostly milk and water though.

momie2b9-20-11 March 30th, 2013 03:11 PM

Usually water. She has watered down juice occasionally and sometimes milk. But she usually wants and asks for water. I gave her milk the other day and after just a few sips she gives me dirty looks and keeps asking please until I gave her water. I'm having troubles getting Kynslee to drink milk so sorry, no suggestions here!

FallinWoman March 31st, 2013 01:29 AM

He has a sippy of water that he sips on all day. He also drinks 2-3 sippies of milk. Maybe once a week he will get watered down apple juice.

Dee Darling 3 March 31st, 2013 09:13 PM

mostly water and milk. Occasionally she gets some juice, but that's pretty rare.

Hazel March 31st, 2013 09:36 PM

Mostly she is still nursing. She gets water and milk in her straw cup but she has little interest in drinking it and usually either gives it back or spits it down the front of her shirt after a few swallows :rolleyes:

With my oldest son, I only gave him milk at the table when we were having a meal or a snack. He was offered water any other time of the day. It cut his milk drinking down to a more reasonable amount and upped his intake of water :) Now to just get Iz interested in drinking anything so I can do it for her, too :lol:

Aenyx April 1st, 2013 12:53 AM

Alex is all about milk too. Occasionally she'll drink water.
So I'm no help lol.

Rachel April 1st, 2013 10:33 AM

Mostly breast milk, but other than that he has milk. He usually drinks about 8 ounces a day of milk, maybe more if we're on the run and he hasn't nursed.

That being said, they need the fat before age 2, so I wouldn't use 2% milk.

Dixana April 1st, 2013 12:32 PM

Yes they need fat for brain development!
K gets lactose free milk, almond milk, water and 50/50 water/juice. Straight juice gives her diarrhea EVERY time.

8miraclez April 1st, 2013 12:40 PM

Natalie drinks whatever we are drinking because she thinks she's grown up and won't drink it if the other kids aren't. When the other kids are at school, she gets whole milk and she gets warm whole milk right before bed.

andi2284 April 3rd, 2013 07:19 AM

Water, some juice and she nurses a few times a day/night. No milk, she still reacts to dairy and doesn't like soy or almond milk.

r&lsmama April 3rd, 2013 09:54 AM

Milk and water

wingqueen26 April 5th, 2013 11:07 AM

Milk with meals, water in between. Daycare claims she drinks juice but we've never had any luck getting her to drink juice.