JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Weight (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2640254-weight.html)

momie2b9-20-11 April 3rd, 2013 12:51 PM

Weight
 
How is your weight/weight-loss going after having your LO?
Have you lost all your baby fat & down to pre-pregnancy weight?

If you've lost weight - did it come off easy after baby was born or did you really have to work at it?

Are there those of us (including me) that are having a horrible time still loosing their weight?

Rachel April 3rd, 2013 12:57 PM

Re: Weight
 
I'm smaller than I was before I got pregnant. (Yay breastfeeding!) I still would like to lose 15 more pounds, but I'm not dieting since we're still nursing. I just hope I can keep all of it off when I'm done.

AniLand April 3rd, 2013 01:22 PM

Re: Weight
 
After Will, I worked out a lot (started at 2 weeks post partem because I was a long distance runner before I got pregnant and my body remembered it) and was back in my normal clothes when I returned to work at 12 weeks. This time i am not in nearly as good of shape as i was before so the weight is coming off pretty fast but my stomach muscles are not toned. So next week is my 6 week check up and I'm hoping she will tell me I can start doing crunches. I started running again last week even though I didn't get the go-ahead. Only 2 miles twice a week, which isn't nearly what I used to run. I just want to start out slow until my appt.

irishblessing April 3rd, 2013 01:46 PM

Re: Weight
 
I am smaller than before I got pregnant. I lost 18 lbs in addition to the pregnancy weight while breastfeeding. But I've gained back about 10 lbs now that he isn't nursing much and I am not impressed. I'm going to enjoy my birthday cake today and then get serious about losing that weight again.

Aenyx April 3rd, 2013 01:48 PM

Re: Weight
 
I gained 40 lbs while I was pregnant topped out at 274, I lost almost 60 by December '11. Then I moved and during 2012 my weight fluctuated up and down and I end up the year having gained back around 30lbs ending up at 245. DH left on deployment and I've decided that I'm going to use this as a chance to really work on myself and get skinny while he's gone. In 14 weeks or so I've lost 38lbs, weigh 207 and am smaller than I have been since 2006.
I have had weight troubles my entire life, weight loss since being pregnant has actually been easier. Idk what that's about. I think maybe I'm more motivated because I have Alex now.

tobi4 April 3rd, 2013 01:56 PM

Re: Weight
 
I started out at 130, took fertility drugs and put on 12 lbs. So I started out my pregnancy at 142. Delivered at 202. lol I know, but I always put on about 50-60lbs during pregnancy. Now Im stuck at 150, but Im still breast feeding and never have been able to lose while nursing. My body thinks it needs to store up some fat for this guy I think. Anyways, once he weans Im hoping it comes off. Im tired and really have no motivation. Maybe once he weans Ill find more energy as well.
OR
maybe I should get off my butt and do something about it, if I want to. LOL

Dee Darling 3 April 3rd, 2013 02:39 PM

Re: Weight
 
I started out all of my pregnancies around 150 and gained between 16 and 20 pounds with each. I managed to lose all the weight within 2 months after the birth from nursing and being active. I am currently down 10 more pounds. I don't know why, I'm not dieting or anything like that.

Sorry I don't have any great tips to offer.

momie2b9-20-11 April 3rd, 2013 05:53 PM

Re: Weight
 
I didn't loose any while breastfeeding for 15 1/2 months. I hear so many say they loose and if anything I actually gained:( By the time I weaned Kynslee I was only 10 pounds lighter then the day before I went to the hospital to have her. And, sadly I gained around 50 lbs with her.

I started dieting more since weaning her and went down a size but then now I'm back up the size and not doing anything differently?! It's soo hard!! I just don't know how to loose weight! All my life until 18 I was a skinny girl and I'd eat all the time and never gain anything! I'd actually have some ask if I had eating disorders. Well, once 18 I hit 125 in about 3 months and then before Kynslee I was 135. I didn't mind too much as I have 34G (DDDD) boobs and I know they account for some of my weight. Well, now I'm sadly at 175 and am stuck going between 170-175.

Aenyx April 3rd, 2013 06:37 PM

Re: Weight
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 (Post 27255291)
I didn't loose any while breastfeeding for 15 1/2 months. I hear so many say they loose and if anything I actually gained:( By the time I weaned Kynslee I was only 10 pounds lighter then the day before I went to the hospital to have her. And, sadly I gained around 50 lbs with her.

I started dieting more since weaning her and went down a size but then now I'm back up the size and not doing anything differently?! It's soo hard!! I just don't know how to loose weight! All my life until 18 I was a skinny girl and I'd eat all the time and never gain anything! I'd actually have some ask if I had eating disorders. Well, once 18 I hit 125 in about 3 months and then before Kynslee I was 135. I didn't mind too much as I have 34G (DDDD) boobs and I know they account for some of my weight. Well, now I'm sadly at 175 and am stuck going between 170-175.

What were you doing as far as dieting? A few things that have helped me are tracking my food and exercise somewhere like Myfitnesspal (lets you have a more realistic idea how much you're eating and burning), drink TONS of water, exercising (I put Alex in the stroller and we go on walks, I do at least 3 miles most days sometimes upwards of 6. I used to do regular calorie restrictive diet and I did lose weight but it was hard. I was hungry and miserable all the time. This time I've been eating low carb/high fat and this has been the easiest 28 lbs I've ever lost, I feel great and I have a much easier time eating in a calorie deficit required for weight loss because I'm not feeling starved all the time. I have an insulin resistance, so less sugar is a good thing for me anyways.

Of course, different things work for different people and I'm not going to push what I'm doing on anyone at all. But just putting it out there, if you're interested in reading up on it I can PM you some info. :)

KMQ April 3rd, 2013 06:46 PM

Re: Weight
 
I'm so stuck. I only have 5lbs of the 30lbs I gained with Evan left, but I lost most of it within the first couple of months after he was born. I still have 30ish lbs of Jenna baby weight after that though. I had lost another 10 last fall, but after I had my IUD placed in November, I gained it all back. Then I started out the year by losing those 10lbs, and I've been gaining and losing the same 3 or 4 lbs since that initial loss. I've started the Couch to 5K program 5 weeks ago, but I need to be exercising more. We've been eating way better for the most part, but I've become discouraged in the last couple of weeks and have started eating more junk. Now that it's warming up and there's less snow, I need to be more motivated and get outside. I'm thinking of doing the online weight watchers program and seeing how it goes.

Aenyx April 3rd, 2013 08:00 PM

Re: Weight
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KMQ (Post 27255458)
I'm so stuck. I only have 5lbs of the 30lbs I gained with Evan left, but I lost most of it within the first couple of months after he was born. I still have 30ish lbs of Jenna baby weight after that though. I had lost another 10 last fall, but after I had my IUD placed in November, I gained it all back. Then I started out the year by losing those 10lbs, and I've been gaining and losing the same 3 or 4 lbs since that initial loss. I've started the Couch to 5K program 5 weeks ago, but I need to be exercising more. We've been eating way better for the most part, but I've become discouraged in the last couple of weeks and have started eating more junk. Now that it's warming up and there's less snow, I need to be more motivated and get outside. I'm thinking of doing the online weight watchers program and seeing how it goes.

My sister has been doing WW online and it's worked well for her. :)

mom2more April 4th, 2013 01:05 PM

Re: Weight
 
I was also skinny when I was younger. After my first son I did slim fast and lean cuisine meals and worked out like crazy. Got skinny again and stayed that way for years. The last few years I really gained a lot and had a hard time taking it off. I also have had thyroid issues. When ttc my 2011 baby I was on fertility meds and gained more weight. During my pregnancy I only gained about 5 lbs, probably because I was pretty overweight and my thyroid began working! After having him I lost quite a bit and then my thyroid went to crap and I gained a ton of weight! Ugghh.

Last summer I hit the diet hard. Joined Weight Watchers online and lost 20lbs in like 2 months by really following my points and tracking everything I ate. And I really still felt full. In September I added going to the gym and lost another 20 now. But when I started working out 4-6 days a week I stopped tracking my points. I did it more in my head and wasn't as strict with myself, so my weight loss has stopped right now. I need to get back to tracking!

I think that really keeping track of what you eat, whether it be Weight Watchers, Sparkpeople, or Fitness Pal plus working out is the key to it all. I have never been able to lose weight by just dieting, or just exercising. I always have to do both.

momie2b9-20-11 April 4th, 2013 01:20 PM

Re: Weight
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aenyx (Post 27255428)
What were you doing as far as dieting? A few things that have helped me are tracking my food and exercise somewhere like Myfitnesspal (lets you have a more realistic idea how much you're eating and burning), drink TONS of water, exercising (I put Alex in the stroller and we go on walks, I do at least 3 miles most days sometimes upwards of 6. I used to do regular calorie restrictive diet and I did lose weight but it was hard. I was hungry and miserable all the time. This time I've been eating low carb/high fat and this has been the easiest 28 lbs I've ever lost, I feel great and I have a much easier time eating in a calorie deficit required for weight loss because I'm not feeling starved all the time. I have an insulin resistance, so less sugar is a good thing for me anyways.

Of course, different things work for different people and I'm not going to push what I'm doing on anyone at all. But just putting it out there, if you're interested in reading up on it I can PM you some info. :)

I don't do the 3 mile+ walk but around 2 miles is more like it. Yesterday I did 2 1/2 miles and walked mostly but ran some. I've tried different type diets and the one that has worked in the past was south beach diet before getting pregnant. My doctor suggested that as he thought my thyroids were having issues. The diet worked then but now after having Kynslee it just leaves me hungry and grumpy and longing for food. I'm trying to just watch what I eat and eat more veggies and everything in moderation. I have also been replacing some breakfasts with weigh loss shakes and been trying to eat lots of salads for lunch. I'm thinking about going back to the doc to try and have my thyroid tested or see if possible verge diabetic since that runs heavily in my family. I've had dizzy spells recently and not sure if due to weight or something else.

If you could PM some info I'll gladly look over it and also more info on what foods you eat. Like breakfast, lunch and dinner meals and do you eat any desserts? What low carb/high fat foods do you eat?

mandy5586 April 4th, 2013 02:29 PM

Re: Weight
 
I gained 6 lbs when I was pregnant with Brynlee. I quickly lost about 18 right after having her (mostly blood loss is what my OB said). I kept it off until I got back on regular birth control. I gained it back. I am about 10 lbs heavier than the day I delivered! It really sucks. I do really well for a while, start losing, and then get off track and find it hard to get back on. I hate it.

I took Brynlee out for 2 miles today in the jogging stroller and broke out all of my exercise stuff so I am really hoping I stay on track. Sigh.

Leogirl April 4th, 2013 02:36 PM

Re: Weight
 
I lost weight while pregnant due to all the morning sickness that I had the whole time. :o So no tips from me!:p

babi_lovin11 April 4th, 2013 11:48 PM

Re: Weight
 
I still haven't lost the weight from my 2nd dd 3.5 years ago. I've never been skinny...I want to try to loose weight but its soo hard when you have 3 kids. If my DH was home I'd get him to watch the girls so I could take carter in the stroller for a fast paced walk but he's away working now and the girls only walk so far before they start to complain lol


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.