JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Lilli's surgery (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2642285-lillis-surgery.html)

sweetgirl51305 April 10th, 2013 04:33 PM

Lilli's surgery

Well, Lilli had her surgery Monday morning. She had her adenoids removed and sinuses flushed. We had to get there at 615, but they didn't do the surgery until about 830. Waiting was ridiculous! She screamed when they took her from me. Dr said she did well. Her adenoids were big and he got a good bit from flushing her sinuses and will culture it. We should know the results soon. After they were done with the surgery they said they were going to get her to drink and take out the iv and bring her to me. All of a sudden I heard crying and they brought her to us, with her iv. They couldn't get her to stop crying. I couldn't get her to stop crying. And not just crying, moaning from the pain. Her face was so swollen. Finally I told the nurse and they got the anesthesia guy in there and he said it's fine as long as she drinks by the afternoon, if she didn't we'd have to take her to the er. So they took out the iv and we dressed her. And THEN she drank! lol. Well, she cried the whole way home and for about 2 hours at home. She just wanted to cuddle. Then we just decided to lay her in the crib and she slept for 2 hours and woke up and drank a whole bottle of pediasure and juice box and ate some gummies and banana. She didn't eat much yesterday or drink. We gave her her milk bottle and layed her down for bed last night and she all of a sudden started screaming. She puked all in her crib. Idk she's just not wanting to eat much. She is drinking a little and having wet diapers. So that's ok. I know she's gotta hurt. The dr gave her some amoxicillin for the infection until they get the results back. We're rotating advil and tylenol for the pain.

Hazel April 10th, 2013 06:26 PM

Re: Lilli's surgery

Aw, poor baby :( My oldest was nauseous for about 24 hours after his surgery--common side effect of the anesthesia we were told.

I hope Lilli is feeling better soon!

Aenyx April 10th, 2013 07:24 PM

Aww poor girl. :( hope she's feeling better soon!

Karen+Zoe April 10th, 2013 10:35 PM

Aww, poor kiddo, hope she feels better soon

AniLand April 11th, 2013 07:19 AM

Oh my god this is my worst nightmare, my baby being so miserable and having surgery. I am so sorry Lindsay!! Please keep us posted. I'm glad it is over with though.

Rachel April 11th, 2013 07:33 AM

Poor baby! I'm glad it's over!

Leogirl April 11th, 2013 10:39 AM

:( poor baby. I'm glad the surgery it's self went well. KUP on how she's doing. Lots of good vibes your way.

KMQ April 11th, 2013 10:39 AM

Poor little bug :( Glad it's over and hope she's good as new soon.

Dee Darling 3 April 11th, 2013 02:56 PM

I'm so sorry she's not doing well. I'm glad the surgery's over, but I hope she recovers quickly.

ChristyO April 11th, 2013 06:14 PM

Poor baby! I'm glad she is ok and hope she's feeling better very soon. You're a brave mama!

irishblessing April 11th, 2013 09:30 PM

Aww, poor girl :( hope she feels better quick!

sweetgirl51305 April 13th, 2013 04:17 PM

Thanks guys!