JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Keelan is going to kill me. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2642533-keelan-going-to-kill-me.html)

Rachel April 11th, 2013 03:03 PM

Keelan is going to kill me.

Dead.

Last night with the weather being so nice, I put the gate up on the deck to keep the kids on the deck. I had the deck door opened and I was in the dining area sweeping up their dinner mess. Sarah was there too, but neither one of us were on the deck, but we could see them.

I looked up from using the dust pan and discover that Keelan had climbed up and over the deck railing and was hanging on, about to drop to the ground (about 4 or 5 feet up). He's excited with himself, too. I scream, drop the broom and dust pan (sending food that I just swept up all over the floor, but who cares, right?) and ran the 3 or 4 feet to try to grab him and bring him back over the railing. As I reached for him he let go and dropped to the ground or into a bush, actually. You could see the look on his face when his feet didn't immediately hit ground that he had bitten off more than he could chew, but it was too late.

He cried, and got a few scratches, but otherwise, he is totally fine. Scared the crap out of him, but I doubt seriously that he'd think twice about doing it again. Me? Yeah, no kids on the deck. Ever.

Aenyx April 11th, 2013 03:36 PM

Re: Keelan is going to kill me.

Goodness! That boy is trying to kill you!

irishblessing April 11th, 2013 04:09 PM

Oh my, so scary!

mccaroline April 11th, 2013 04:15 PM

As you said it my thread, that is so something my DS would do!

Good grief! That son of yours is just waiting to give you a heart attack!

Dee Darling 3 April 12th, 2013 03:43 AM

Oh my. I have to hand it to you, you do have your hands full with him.

momie2b9-20-11 April 12th, 2013 09:43 AM

No fun! Glad that he's safe. He's keeping you busy.

r&lsmama April 12th, 2013 07:50 PM

I saw that on fb! Hes such a dare devil, and sure keeps you on your feet! I woild of died.

mom2more April 15th, 2013 11:05 AM

wow!! How scary! When my oldest daredevil was 5 he climbed on a roof! We were at a relatives house and him and another child in my family who was 6 at the time were in the fenced in yard playing. They pushed some cinder blocks up to a shed that was next to the house. They then went from blocks to shed to roof! We heard noises on the roof (ranch style home). Went into the yard as they took a flying leap off the roof!

OMG scariest moment of my life. Both kids were fine! Boys will keep you on your toes!