JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Anyone potty training?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2644479-anyone-potty-training.html)

mom2more April 19th, 2013 10:54 AM

Anyone potty training??

I think we are! He has started showing interest and telling us every time he has peed or pooped his diaper. I bought him a potty and every time he told us pee or poop we have put him on it, but its always after he has already gone in his diaper. Today after a few times of this happening I just didn't put another diaper on him. He went and peed on the potty without telling me...I saw him go into the bathroom and saw him go! A little while later he was standing by me and I saw him start pooping so I took him to the bathroom and put him on the regular toilet to finish.

He stayed dry all day so far!! I put a diaper back on him for his nap though. I might go out later and buy him some undies. I figure if he is showing interest I will go with it. Someone told me that this is too young though and I should not push him.

What do you think?

Dee Darling 3 April 19th, 2013 01:45 PM

Re: Anyone potty training??

I'd go for it. Some kids train earlier than others. If you try and he does great, yay! If he doesn't do so well, follow his lead.

Good luck!

mccaroline April 19th, 2013 02:53 PM

DS showed interest for a few weeks then totally stopped for a couple of months. Just this past week he has started taking off his own pants and diapers whenever he's wet, so maybe it's time to see if he's interested again. I was kind of waiting until we got to the new house though, because it's so hectic here right now.

I say if its working go for it, but I agree I wouldn't push it if the interest stops.

navywifey2003 April 19th, 2013 06:10 PM

Everett is terrified of the potty. So not us.

Smashley April 19th, 2013 06:43 PM

Nope, and not until it is socially unacceptable for them to wear diapers, so around age 6. I kid, I kid. I plan to attempt in the summer, but if it doesn't pan out, then I will try again next summer (I refuse to do it in the winter unless they really want to). I have a potty in the living room, and they see me use the toilet. Ayla says "Mommy, pee pee potty?" Though, she is scared of the potty (shocker! Ayla...afraid of something? She is afraid of everything). Silas will sit on it, but usually just sits and plays with his weiner. He has never peed yet. I am in no hurry though. Diapers are a very big convenience, even if they cost me money. I never missed those urgent toddler "I HAVE TO PEE" screams in the car, in -25C weather, nowhere near a washroom.

irishblessing April 19th, 2013 08:12 PM

Dominic is partially potty trained. He just kind of decided to do it himself one day. He uses the potty several times a day but hasn't pooped in it yet. He told me at the store today he needed to but I didn't take him there (he was in a diaper so it would have been really difficult!) He has been showing interest for a few months but I haven't really pushed it. I know sometimes they get into it and then loss interest for a bit so I'm prepared for whatever.

Rachel April 21st, 2013 04:41 PM

We have a potty and Keelan has peed on it once, totally by accident. He sits on it just before a bath and if he asks to after I take his diaper off. He's definitely not quite ready yet.

momie2b9-20-11 April 21st, 2013 11:06 PM

Kynslee isn't quite ready yet. I may start trying to help her along this Summer. She did yesterday say pooh-poo before she actually pooped. She often says pooh-pooh but it has never been when she is about to poop. So, I'm taking that as hopefully a good sign. .

Dee Darling 3 April 22nd, 2013 07:07 AM

We, we kind of started yesterday and this morning little rose peed in the potty. :cheer:

Very happy for her. Now the challenge is finding training pants small enough for her w/o spending a fortune.

lrowe70 April 29th, 2013 12:43 AM

We're pretty much done. He hasn't worn a diaper in about 6 weeks.

I used a somewhat modified form of the 3 day method-and it Worked!
We went 110% on a Monday and the first 30 hours sucked big time. But then voila! he suddenly was using the potty 90% of the time. By Sunday I was packing all the diapers away.

KMQ April 29th, 2013 06:52 AM

Not even close. Sometimes he'll play with his diaper if he's peed, but he doesn't care most of the time. We'll probably bring the potty out sometime this summer for him to get used to it, and see how it goes.