JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Thinking ahead (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2645442-thinking-ahead.html)

Rachel April 23rd, 2013 05:24 PM

Thinking ahead

Do you know where your little one will go to elementary school?

KMQ April 23rd, 2013 05:59 PM

Re: Thinking ahead

Yes (unless we move). There is a public elementary school about 6 blocks from our house. Jenna is starting JK there in the fall.

mccaroline April 23rd, 2013 06:12 PM

Yep, he'll actually be able to attend the same school as both his sisters for kindergarten at our new house instead of like it's been for DD1 and DD2 where one is in one school and the other in a different one and switches for grade 1. Although I have to admit the kindergarten teacher we currently have has already expressed disappointment that we're moving and she won't have him.

Aenyx April 23rd, 2013 06:24 PM

I have no idea. We'll probably move before then and I have no clue where we'll be.

navywifey2003 April 23rd, 2013 07:19 PM

Nope not a clue. I don't even know where David will go to 3rd grade.

Dee Darling 3 April 24th, 2013 07:14 AM

I plan to move before she gets to school. Right now M & K are in the same school. If we don't move that's where all 3 will be for one year.

Leogirl April 24th, 2013 09:01 AM

Yes, if we don't move. She will go to the same school that DH went to. I'm not thrilled with the school system here and may look into private schooling.

tricia_16_ April 24th, 2013 09:28 AM

Nope! So many schools are closing here these days, I have absolutely no idea!

Hazel April 24th, 2013 09:47 AM

If we are still in this area, the charter school my oldest attends

irishblessing April 24th, 2013 05:25 PM

I'm not completely sure. They are trying to start a Traditional School in my city which they are currently both enrolled in. It starts this September. So if that goes well he will go there. However if it doesn't or I don't end up liking it there for whatever reason then he will go to our local elementary school.

Rachel April 25th, 2013 09:17 AM

Keelan will go to the local elementary school, where Daniel attends. I highly doubt we'll move. I never want to move again. haha!

lrowe70 April 29th, 2013 12:29 AM

So many great options: we're not sure. It'll depend on how his personality and interests develop over the next 3 years.
Possibly the local public school, but he's currently in a Montessori which we like. There is also a language immersion school we're interested in as well as a few charter and private schools. We'll see...

bajars2531 April 29th, 2013 06:36 AM

No clue-We live in a HORRIBLE school district at present so for sure not here. I can't imagine we would be able to afford private school here--about $15k/yr and we are not religious so that is out of the question. We have been tossing around the idea of moving back to WI, so maybe somewhere there. CO public schools are really bad, and the two school districts in the Denver area are really expensive to live in...I have no idea what we will do as of right now.

momie2b9-20-11 April 29th, 2013 10:09 AM

I'm hoping we move back to TX before she starts schools. CA is too liberal a state and I know of several that say they teach kids at a young age many things that we personally don't want Kynslee to be influenced on. For example (from someone we know here in CA) a 12 year old comes home from school and says she's only going to adopt kids from another country and not support America with having kids as in school they were telling the kids that American's are having too many kids and need help supporting other countries and all their kids that don't get enough medical help. I agree it's nice to teach kids to want to help others in other countries that are not as wealthy as we are in things but to teach them they should not support America and not have the joy of bringing a child into the world - No thank you!!

E Mama April 29th, 2013 09:00 PM

When we moved last year, we decided not to move to the school district that we had always wanted to move to when we had kids. While we both would love to live in the districts we attended, it just wasn't possible. DH's district is an EXCELLENT district (HS is in the top 100 in the nation according to US News), but the housing costs are quite high and we could get more house for our money elsewhere. My HS is also excellent (in the top 25 in the state per US News), but the location isn't convenient to either of our offices.

When we moved last year, we originally wanted to move to the neighboring district. We could move just a few minutes down the road, be in a better rated district (HS's is in the top 35 in the state per US News, and the district overall has achieved the highest rating possible in Ohio), and still have a convenient drive to work. Unfortunately, housing in that school district is a little more expensive. The district is also having a difficult time passing school levies and has made a lot of cuts. Our current district is still good; it has achieved the 2nd highest rating but the HS is not ranked by US News at all. While they are also having funding issues (who isn't?), they've made fewer cuts and housing is slightly more affordable. So we stayed in our district because basically, if the district goes down the tubes later on we'd be better able to afford private school. :p

Just_Marie April 29th, 2013 09:01 PM

Same as the other kids, Catholic in the city

w292737 May 6th, 2013 05:57 AM

Yep,same Catholic school as her sisters