JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Payson Joy is here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2654731-payson-joy-here.html)

navywifey2003 May 30th, 2013 02:21 PM

Payson Joy is here

Born via unplanned unassisted birth. We had planned for a homebirth but not unassisted. Here is her story

October 4th, 2012- We found out that in June 2013 we would be becoming a family of 6. To say we were shocked would be an unstatement. We were not planning on having anymore children at that time and we were kinda in the mind set that our family was complete. We had three beautiful children and life was already crazy how would we handle 4? It was a long process for me to accept the pregnancy, it was a long process for me to get into the mindset that our family was growing. We did not tell anyone about the pregnancy for several weeks, looking back now it seems silly but at that time we didnt want anyone to know. We needed our time to process and adapt to such an unplanned situation. As the weeks came and went things got better, we began really planning our birth and our new life as a family of 6. We talked in depth with our kids about the changes that would come and made sure they were involved in the process. David and Katelynn being involved in the whole process with Everett really made the transition to a family of 5 a smooth one. Weeks turned into months and the emotiones I harbored in the begining were a distant memory. Payson's due date was fast approaching and I was trying to get into the birth mindset.
Tuesday May 28th, 2013- we had our 38 week check up. Everything was right on schedule, except for my large uterus measuring at 41 1/2 weeks. Payson was in an okay position for birth but not optimal. Our midwife went over some techniques I could use to helphttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png move her into an optimal position to help her decend into the pelvis to help labor begin. I did these things over the next two days and sat back waiting for labor.
Wednesday May 29th, 2013- was just a normal day, I did notice some slight spotting but didnt get too excited. I was feeling pretty good and thought we had about another week until we welcomed our new daughter. I felt extremely sleepy that night so I figured it would be a good night to go to bed early. It was the first night in a few weeks I fell right to sleep, didnt toss and turn trying to find a comfortablehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png position, I didnt have heartburn, I just slept. I guess I now know why I needed to go to bed early. :)
Thursday May 30th, 2013 4:45 am. I woke up with very slight cramping and honestly it probably wouldnt even have woke me up if I didnt need to go to the bathroom. Once I stood up the cramping got a little worse, after I went to the bathroom I noticed I had a little more spotting. I called Kyle at almost 5am to come upstairs we were having a baby. He asked what I needed from him, I told him to move Everett into David's room, get out the birth supplies, call the midwife, and Denise I am getting in the tub. After he moved Everett I told him she was coming and she was coming fast. I could feel my body pushing her out. I asked him not to leave that I needed him, I pushed and asked if he saw her coming. He said not yet, next push he said he sees something but thats not hairhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png. Payson was still in caul (which means my membranes were still intact they had not yet ruptured). Minutes went by as we waited for my next contraction, the next contraction came and so did her head followed by her shoulders and body as her sac that protected her ruputured and Kyle brought her up to my chest. Kyle immediately called the midwife to see what we should do next. We needed to watch my bleeding and wait for the placenta, and get some towels on the baby. A few minutes passed and we began to make our way out of the tub. The placenta made its way out and we made our way to our bed. As I laid there looking at my brand new daughter I could not believe all the negativity I had in the beginning. How could I have not wanted her? And did I really just give birth with no one but my husband? Its amazing how much you can fall in love with someone you just met and its amazing how much you can refall in love with someone when you see them hold their child. Payson is the spitting image of her big sister, David was upset that he missed the birth, Everett is completely obssessed with the new baby, and Katelynn cant wait to show her how to play dolls and in the dirt. I am truly blessed to have had such wonderful support from my husband during her birth and amazing support the first few hours postpartum. Now we rest and bond as a family. Life is an incredible journey and I cant wait to see what it has in store for us now.
Payson Joy Trenka 7lbs 7oz 19 inches long born at home into the loving arms of her daddy on May 30th, 2013.

bajars2531 May 30th, 2013 02:42 PM

Re: Payson Joy is here

Such an amazing story! Thank you for sharing!! :heart: :grats:

mccaroline May 30th, 2013 02:52 PM

Congratulations!!! What an amazing story. I'm so happy for you guys!

Aenyx May 30th, 2013 05:29 PM

What an amazing story! Congrats!

Smashley May 30th, 2013 05:54 PM

crazy! congrats!!

jdt May 30th, 2013 07:51 PM

Congrats! What a story and so heart touching!

navywifey2003 May 30th, 2013 09:12 PM

Here is a link to some pictures I posted in my ddc.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...-pictures.html

Karen+Zoe May 30th, 2013 09:17 PM

Congrats on the safe arrival of your wee little girl! What an amazing delivery!

FallinWoman May 30th, 2013 09:49 PM

That is an amazing birth story! Congrats on the birth of your daughter!

LOVE LOVE LOVe the picture of the two of you. Your face says it all. :wub:

inlove08 May 31st, 2013 04:20 AM

OMG congrats and that's amazing girl!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!

Dee Darling 3 May 31st, 2013 01:51 PM

Wow! Such an amazing story!!!

momie2b9-20-11 May 31st, 2013 01:56 PM

What a beautiful story - I love it!! That's amazing she came so fast. Way to go mama!! She is beautiful - congrats

tobi4 June 1st, 2013 07:12 AM

Welcome Peyson!! You are one amazing mama !!

KMQ June 1st, 2013 07:19 AM

Congratulations mama!! She is gorgeous.

Rachel June 1st, 2013 09:18 AM

So awesome! Congrats again!

Leogirl June 2nd, 2013 02:12 PM

Congrats on your beautiful new little one! Babies born in the caul are said to be good luck and be destined for greatness. Many stories claim that they are also gifted with second sight!

irishblessing June 8th, 2013 11:04 AM

Congrats! she is absolutely beautiful!

Quantum_Leap June 12th, 2013 07:13 AM

Wow, what an amazing story! So how long was your labor total? Less than an hour? Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading this!

navywifey2003 June 12th, 2013 08:02 AM

My whole labor was 30/35 minutes. We are not sure her exact birth time but are going with 5:20 which is the time Kyle called back our midwife to tell her Payson was here.