JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Been MIA (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2657984-been-mia.html)

Dee Darling 3 June 12th, 2013 05:25 AM

Been MIA

Sorry I've been absent from the board the last few weeks. The end of the school year just got super crazy and I've been trying to deal with a few things. Here's the latest on us.

-my IL's over-the-top 40th anniversary is this Saturday, thank goodness. I'll be glad when it's over.

-went to endocrinologist with little rose. Her TSH (thyroid hormone) was up again, but not showing all the traditional signs of hypothyroidism. So, for now we're trying thyroid medicine to see if it lowers the one hormone and (hopefully) let's her start growing. Her weight was 17 lbs, 12 oz (no real change since January) and her height was 30". We don't expect her weight to be higher, but we are concerned about the height.

-DH has been having some more physical issues and is majorly stressed at work. He won't discuss his stress with me and it has been causing some tensions between us. Did go to hie endo appt on Monday and we discussed having him go to the Mayo Clinic for an evaluation. The drs are working on that now for us.

-I think I have decided to stay a teacher and not pursue an admin job, at least for now. With DH's health and the kids, I think it's more prudent to have the flexibility of my teaching than be restrictions of an assist principal or principal position (especially with all the hours needed), even though the freedom that salary would allow us would be nice.

-M got top honors in her class and ended her year wonderfully.
-I think we'll be testing K into kindergarten in the fall, but are waiting to see how he matures over the summer. We've got the preliminary information to test him. The school is alright with him going into kindergarten, provided he tests high enough.

Whew, I think that's all for now. Cookies to all that have read all of this.

momie2b9-20-11 June 12th, 2013 04:09 PM

Re: Been MIA

Sounds like you have been very busy! T&P for Rose and your hubby that things work out good. That's great that she received top honors! Hope things start to get better for you and that you have a more relaxed Summer

Aenyx June 12th, 2013 05:42 PM

I've been wondering how things have been going for you!

Hopefully things get better for Rose and DH soon!

And hopefully things calm down some for you over the summer.

Leogirl June 13th, 2013 04:49 AM

You've been one busy mama! Sending lots of good health vibes your way.

irishblessing June 13th, 2013 12:53 PM

Sounds like you are very busy! I hope things start going better for you