JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   How many? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2662962-how-many.html)

Leogirl July 2nd, 2013 10:16 AM

How many?

How did you decide how many kids to have?

Aenyx July 2nd, 2013 10:32 AM

We're taking it on baby at a time until we feel done. Probably stop after 2 or 3.

momie2b9-20-11 July 2nd, 2013 05:50 PM

Re: How many?

DH and I both think 3 is a good number but since Kynslee is our first we also will be taking it child by child.

Smashley July 2nd, 2013 05:54 PM

Well, none of mine were planned, so I guess I just got what I got. The guy I am dating wants another kid in the future, so I suppose I am open to the idea (barely). He has two older children (8,10) and I have a 7yr old, along with my almost two year old twins. So, that will make 6 between us both. Just typing that I feel CRAZY, but if he and I ever got married, I would consider it. However, I am content with the ones I have.

Dee Darling 3 July 3rd, 2013 07:17 AM

DH and I both wanted 5, but agreed we would take it one child at a time. After 2 miscarriages and 3 healthy children of which 2 pregnancies had complications, we decided that 3 is enough for us, at least as far as me being pregnant is concerned. If we do ever decide to have more, we'll adopt or foster a child. I don't know that either of us could handle the stress of another pregnancy.

Rachel July 3rd, 2013 01:08 PM

Well I thought I was done after my first two, but then I got divorced. When Neely and I met, he had two boys, so that was 4. We decided to have one and we thought we were done, but yeah, no. Keelan is our second, but 6 total.

And we are done. I felt complete after Keelan.

FallinWoman July 4th, 2013 11:00 AM

Even before we split, we were done at 2 plus DSD. It took IVF to get pregnant both times. We do not have the money to go through it again and we have no more frozen embryos. So that is it!

irishblessing July 5th, 2013 10:09 PM

I knew I didn't want an only child. So the second one was a given. After him I have always felt an urge to have another (even though he has been a HANDFUL!) and I still feel that way. But I'm not in a big hurry to have the next one. So we are also just taking it one child at a time.

jdt July 7th, 2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashley (Post 27493442)
Well, none of mine were planned, so I guess I just got what I got. The guy I am dating wants another kid in the future, so I suppose I am open to the idea (barely). He has two older children (8,10) and I have a 7yr old, along with my almost two year old twins. So, that will make 6 between us both. Just typing that I feel CRAZY, but if he and I ever got married, I would consider it. However, I am content with the ones I have.

Ooh Ashley I didn't realize you were dating :)

My first one wanted planned but the rest of them were. After 2 girls we wanted to try for a little boy (and thankfully we got him). Getting to be at home with Joshua really made me want another one and so I"m now preggie with my 4th. I am DEFINITELY done after this one. We'll see how I handle having kids 2.5 yrs apart instead of 8 yrs apart.

Smashley July 7th, 2013 10:31 AM

Yes, I am :) Kids are definitely in the DISTANT future, if there are any.

Karen+Zoe July 7th, 2013 09:13 PM

We always wanted two...and I am DONE after this pops out.

Just_Marie July 11th, 2013 11:27 PM

I wanted two, now I have five. It sort of just happened.

Dixana July 12th, 2013 01:11 PM

I didn't want kids at all until I was like 21, then I wanted 2.
We have 2 plus DSD. I'm sad I won't have any more babies but I'm not sad we're not having any more kids if you get what I mean.