JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Fireworks (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2663096-fireworks.html)

momie2b9-20-11 July 2nd, 2013 06:00 PM

Fireworks

Do you buy fireworks?

If so, what type? Do you think your LO will like them?

Does your area allow fireworks?

Aenyx July 3rd, 2013 11:08 AM

I've never been a fan of fireworks of any kind so I never buy them. and rarely ever go to see the big shows because I HATE large crowds.
The town I'm in doesn't allow them to be sold but the town next to mine does.

Rachel July 3rd, 2013 12:49 PM

Re: Fireworks

Neely usually does buy them, but he's been working so much that he hasn't bought any this year. We'll go see them in the next town, though.

Leogirl July 3rd, 2013 12:54 PM

I don't buy any because I don't really care for them. I'm not a fan of sudden loud noises. it bothers my anxiety disorder. They are legal here but I don't think that there are too many kids/young people around us so it's not too bad.

momie2b9-20-11 July 4th, 2013 12:11 PM

I would love to buy fireworks but our apartment complex doesn't allow us to do them on the property so no need to buy them. I think Kynslee would love holding a sparkler.

I think Kynslee will enjoy the fireworks. She did last year and I think she will again this year - except for maybe the loud whistling ones they shoot from the ground.

Our area allows them but only on the 4th. If you get caught shooting them any other time it's a huge fine. It's been dry here so they are discouraging many of them except for the big displays that are put on.

irishblessing July 5th, 2013 10:06 PM

I have a ton of them sitting on our top shelf but never use them lol. I don't think we are supposed to set them off here but people do all the time because we live out in the middle of nowhere (so no one is going to do anything about it if you do set them off)

I like them, but I like to sit back and actually watch them (not chase kids all over the place) so we haven't gone to see any in years.

Dixana July 12th, 2013 01:03 PM

We go to the fireworks every year :)
We also make our own huge fireworks show almost every year. Fireworks are allowed/sold around here but *cough* there's a slight possibility we get ours from MO which are much much larger than what is legal here ;)

momie2b9-20-11 July 13th, 2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixana (Post 27515442)
We go to the fireworks every year :)
We also make our own huge fireworks show almost every year. Fireworks are allowed/sold around here but *cough* there's a slight possibility we get ours from MO which are much much larger than what is legal here ;)

How fun to do your own fireworks show also! We use to buy some every year in TX as my parents lived in the country and were allowed there. It was great as it was very open and you could see them so well. I miss doing that!