JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Where do you buy your kiddos clothes? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2665030-where-do-you-buy-your-kiddos-clothes.html)

Rachel July 11th, 2013 09:30 AM

Where do you buy your kiddos clothes?

Consignment? Second hand stores? Discount stores? Department stores? Kids clothing stores?

What's your favorite brand/line?

irishblessing July 11th, 2013 02:22 PM

Re: Where do you buy your kiddos clothes?

I'm kind of all over the place with clothes. I will buy secondhand lots of the local swap site, shop for them at the local store here (which has a line of quality but not hugely popular clothing - though they are really cute!) They aren't actually that much cheaper than buying from children's clothing stores though. I often just shop online because it's so much easier than dragging kids out, plus so easy to return things I don't like in person.

navywifey2003 July 11th, 2013 03:23 PM

Im all over the place too. I use to buy tons at a consignment store when we lived in San Diego but the one here sucks.

FallinWoman July 11th, 2013 09:25 PM

Lew wears a lot of hand-me-downs, not surprisingly. I like to shop for both boys at Once Upon a Child.

Karen+Zoe July 11th, 2013 10:43 PM

I have plenty of hand me downs for Zoe from friends etc but when she needs something new, then it is usually from BabyFactory or Cotton-on Kids

Leogirl July 12th, 2013 07:31 AM

All of the above and then some. I try to second hand a lot of stuff but if I really like something i get it no matter what.

momie2b9-20-11 July 13th, 2013 08:45 AM

Mainly yard sales. DH and I both love yard sales and we always shop for Kynslee there. At this age most of the clothes are still not worn out when used so I get nice clothes for super cheap. I love gymboree clothes from yard sales as I can usually buy, let Kynslee wear them and then sell for more than or same price as I bought it for. I love crazy 8 clothes. They are nice quality usually and they have good sales plus often a 20% off coupon.

GoldenTickets July 14th, 2013 10:56 AM

We do Children's Place and Target a lot. By watching sales/clearance I can usually get new clothes for about the same price I'd spend at a second-hand store. I usually do Children's Place online when they have free shipping. I've found some good deals at Gymboree and Crazy 8 by combining sales with the 20% off coupons.

Smashley July 15th, 2013 07:30 AM

I do consignment, I love carter's. I am not a huge fan on TCP, but we go there as well (just bought the girl next years summer clothes).

AniLand July 17th, 2013 01:28 PM

I get some good things at the thrift stores. I am selective though and don't want them looking dirty. But usually I can find some good stuff. There's too much stuff on this planet so I try to reuse when I can.