JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Cribs or toddler beds? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2665599-cribs-toddler-beds.html)

GoldenTickets July 14th, 2013 10:51 AM

Cribs or toddler beds?

Who all is still in cribs, and who has switched to a toddler bed?

E turns 2 next month, but is still in a crib. He is making absolutely no attempts to get out of the crib, so we're in no rush to move up! When he wakes up in the morning he actually just hangs out in bed talking to himself and playing with his musical toys until we drag ourselves out of bed. (This can last for an hour!) His crib converts to a toddler bed, so it'll be an easy switch when we do move up.

Karen+Zoe July 14th, 2013 01:36 PM

Re: Cribs or toddler beds?

We have both in her room and she uses both. We start off in the toddler bed (just put up a week ago) reading stories and when she gets sleepy, we transfer her to the crib. We are doing things slowly :-) She does not attempt to climb out of her crib either and stays in there playing in the morning until we get her so going into a bed wont be a problem. We might take the step and leave her in the bed next week and see how she reacts.

Smashley July 15th, 2013 07:28 AM

Mine started climbing out around 18mths, and I switched shortly afterward. I hate toddler beds. I wish they were still in cribs lol.

irishblessing July 15th, 2013 09:46 AM

Dominic is still in his crib. I found a toddler bed I'm going to get him though so hopefully by next week he will be in that.

Rachel July 15th, 2013 10:33 AM

Toddler bed for Keelan. He kept climbing out of the crib.

momie2b9-20-11 July 15th, 2013 10:50 AM

Kynslee also enjoys hanging out in her crib so we are not switching her any time soon (unless she starts climbing out). It's so nice to just relax in the morning and wake up slowly and hear Kynslee playing and talking to herself. She likes climbing on other things but has never tried to get out of her crib - it's her special little place to play & sleep

Dixana July 15th, 2013 08:54 PM

Crib, as long as humanly possible. Though she totally doesn't "just hang out" in there. She wakes up and screams her head off at me.
Though it could have something go do with being two feet away :p

AniLand July 16th, 2013 10:09 AM

Will is still in his crib. He is an active sleeper so when we move him to a bed I'm sure he will fall out of it dozens of times before he figures it out. Plus he will be way too much of an explorer with all the unconfined freedom! So I plan to keep him in the crib for a while yet.

bajars2531 July 16th, 2013 07:00 PM

My bed. LOL I plan on working on his toddler bed when we get home from Wisco. I don't know how well it's going to go and I am debating whether or not to just put it in our room to start. I just worry that once the baby comes they will be waking each other (and subsequently me) all the time.

irishblessing July 16th, 2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixana (Post 27521421)
Crib, as long as humanly possible. Though she totally doesn't "just hang out" in there. She wakes up and screams her head off at me.
Though it could have something go do with being two feet away :p

LOL this is totally Dominic. He has never once in his life woken up and just hung out in there. Just screaming, and more screaming. Or calling MOMMY! OUT!!! MOMMY!!! OUT NOW!!!

GoldenTickets July 19th, 2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AniLand (Post 27522520)
Will is still in his crib. He is an active sleeper so when we move him to a bed I'm sure he will fall out of it dozens of times before he figures it out. Plus he will be way too much of an explorer with all the unconfined freedom! So I plan to keep him in the crib for a while yet.

This is E too! He moves around so much in bed... sometimes we find him leaning completely against the sides of the crib! We don't even bother using a blanket. It would just get all tangled!

mccaroline July 22nd, 2013 11:09 AM

DS is still in his crib, although we bought him a twin mattress and bedding set when we moved and debated putting him in a big bed. He seems happy in his crib though for now so we're leaving him there for a bit longer.

Aenyx July 22nd, 2013 01:10 PM

Alex is in a toddler bed and has been for several months. It was always set on the lowest possible so the day she climbed out the first time I took the crib apart.
She does much better than I thought she would with it actually.

GoldenTickets July 24th, 2013 05:48 AM

E has his check up in a few weeks... assuming he is still content in the crib, it'll be interesting to see what the pediatrician says about the transition to the toddler bed. My friend's ped told her son to transition to the toddler bed. Her son was on a mattress on the floor at that point, but she got the impression that the doctor was saying it simply because her son was 2 and it was time.