JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Hi everyone! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2711529-hi-everyone.html)

Rachel March 7th, 2014 04:18 PM

Hi everyone!

All of the 2011 Playrooms will be merged into this board in the next week. Welcome!

Let's kick this off with a GTKY thread.

Name:
Your 2011 child's name:
What was their birth month?
What is one thing you're working on with your 2011 child?

*Sharon* March 12th, 2014 06:04 AM

Re: Hi everyone!

Hi! I know some of you already and am excited about meeting more 2011 mommas. A few things about me that aren't in the questions below. My hubby, Noah, and I have 4 children: Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (turned 3 yesterday 3.11). Up until this year we've been homeschooling, which we love and still support. The kids are doing fantastic in public school grade-wise and socially. Ryllan still is unsure if he wants to continue in public school or be homeschooled next year.

I am also the cohost of Siggies R Us on here. Probably have made a few of you siggies before. lol

Name: Sharon
Your 2011 child'shttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png name: Zane Sebastian
What was their birth month? March (yesterday was his bday!)
What is one thing you're working on with your 2011 child? Well, I guess being more gentle. As the 4th child, especially with 2 older brothers, he can be a bit rough. Not horribly so, but still.....

Hazel March 12th, 2014 08:26 AM

My Sept 2011er is Isabelle, the youngest of three. She had open heart surgery in April 2012 and goes to therapy to help her with the lingering anxiety she has from all of the medical trauma she's been through (and is still going through). She also goes to speech therapy and is being seen by genetics and neurology so lots more medical stuff coming up :\ Next up is an EEG and MRI. All three of mine have related special needs, which is why we are working with genetics--the doctors are skeptical that we randomly got three kids were similar issues so we are looking to find a genetic cause/link. I am also a part-time student (accounting)--I tried full-time but it was just too much with all of our medical stuff, too :p Plus my husband lives in North Dakota so its just me here at home! He's able to come home for a week every 2-3 months but I'd love to get in a financial position to make that every month :p Probably not anytime soon, though, because plane tickets have almost doubled in price now that summer is coming :\

*Sharon* March 13th, 2014 01:28 PM

Wow, Hazel! Sounds like a very busy life, esp with dh being home so rarely. I look forward to getting to know you!

Hazel March 13th, 2014 03:11 PM

We tend to be on the go a lot! Snow has derailed our plans today--no school for the boys and yucky roads means we had to skip Iz's speech therapy. She is enjoying a day to play with her brothers, though :)

LuvsPecanPie March 15th, 2014 06:59 AM

Name: Deb
Your 2011 child's name: Logan
What was their birth month? February - though he was due in March
What is one thing you're working on with your 2011 child? Potty Training!!!

Hazel March 15th, 2014 07:13 AM

Logan is adorable :)

Quantum_Leap March 19th, 2014 11:43 PM

Name: Molly
Your 2011 child's name: Beau
What was their birth month? July
What is one thing you're working on with your 2011 child? He knows how to read. :) He's spent lots of time watching his older brother play a game called "Reading Eggs" on the computer, and he's just slowly picked it up. He's totally obsessed with letters/reading/spelling, and he wants to practice every day!

AniLand March 20th, 2014 12:15 PM

Name: AniYour 2011 child's name: WilliamWhat was their birth month? augustWhat is one thing you're working on with your 2011 child? Will has recently mastered his colors. I'm trying to teach him other things, like shapes and numbers. I have another son, Evan. He just turned 1. He recently had tubes put in his ears for chronic infections, and he's doing great. I love them both so much!!!!Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...#ixzz2wX2Ou9JZ

MyFantasticFour March 22nd, 2014 06:58 PM

Your 2011 child's name: Jordana
What was their birth month? November
What is one thing you're working on with your 2011 child? Potty training

SkyBaby March 23rd, 2014 09:48 AM

Name: KiraYour 2011 child's name: LilyWhat was their birth month? DecemberWhat is one thing you're working on with your 2011 child? Speech. She has several words, but is a quite toddler by nature and I'm a little too good at reading her lol. We are encouraging her to use words more or use baby sign language.

MyFantasticFour March 24th, 2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyBaby (Post 28012249)
Name: KiraYour 2011 child's name: LilyWhat was their birth month? DecemberWhat is one thing you're working on with your 2011 child? Speech. She has several words, but is a quite toddler by nature and I'm a little too good at reading her lol. We are encouraging her to use words more or use baby sign language.

Oh, I didn't even realize Lily was born in December!

Urchin March 27th, 2014 09:39 AM

I am just now realizing that this happened... I am quite excited to have us all together!

Name: Rae
Your 2011 child's name: Audrina
What was their birth month? October
What is one thing you're working on with your 2011 child? Asking for things rather than just going to get them herself. She has a tendency to go help herself to things in the pantry.. or my makeup. lol She's getting better...but she's a very stubborn, independent girl!

Hazel March 28th, 2014 06:10 AM

Rae, I had to put one of those sliding locks up high on my pantry door because all three of my little monkeys would sneak in there and climb the shelves when they hit the "I can do it all myself!" stage :p I rarely have to use the lock now because they know they are not supposed to be in there and usually comply but its there if I ever need it LOL

mandy5586 April 1st, 2014 08:04 PM

Mandy
Brynlee, July 2011
We are working on manners! It seems like we are always working on that lol

momie2b9-20-11 April 14th, 2014 01:25 PM

I'm Ashley and Kynslee is my Sept 11 baby. She's a full out drama queen, sassy little thing but so much fun - full of energy and goes & talks non-stop :)

We are working on colors, and half-way potty training. Also working on not throwing horrible fits. She gets mad and will start biting or hitting herself and will get so mad I can't even hold her to try and calm her down. It's been a patience-tester for sure but she's been doing good the past few days so I'm hopeful it'll stay that way :)

V1CT0R1A May 3rd, 2014 02:17 PM

This is a good post - can we move it to 2014?