JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1973-2012-playroom-birth-stories/)
-   -   Who's Here? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1973-2012-playroom-birth-stories/2412261-whos-here.html)

quietsong September 12th, 2011 05:44 AM

Who's Here?

What are your goals during pregnancy - just staying active? Eating well? Maintaining/managing GD? How are you doing so far?

Conners Mommie +2 September 12th, 2011 06:05 AM

Re: Who's Here?

Honestly, staying active isn't big for me right now because when I'm up moving for a while, I get sick to my stomach. I just want to eat healthy and make better decisions. I won't penalize myself if I have a Little Debbie snack cake or something, but overall, I'd like to continue to eat healthy. I really don't want to go over 200 pounds. I lost 12 before I got pregnant and worked really hard for that so I'd like to not gain all that back or just that if I have to.

mommy2noelle September 12th, 2011 06:10 AM

I am hoping to get back to being active, but I'm also working to maintain healthy sugar levels because of Gestational Diabetes.

I've already gained a lot of weight, but if history repeats, it will mostly all come off before I deliver. I'm just trying to maintain a healthy diet. I'm just worried about my caloric intake. I think once I switched to the GD diet, my intake went down significantly.

kdrew88 September 12th, 2011 07:05 AM

My goal is to keep my weight gain less than 30-35 pounds if I can. I was already slightly overweight, so 25 would be better but since I've already gained about 10 pounds I doubt that will happen.

I am hoping my nausea will go away soon so I can start using my elliptical some. I've been walking when I can, but not on a consistent basis. I also need to increase my fruits/veggies/water because I have been having constipation (sorry, TMI) and that is no fun at all!

Conners Mommie +2 September 12th, 2011 07:11 AM

No its not kelly! i think we can all relate to that! I started eating an apple a day (or more) and started drinking one bottle more of water a day and it has helped a ton!

Dee136 September 12th, 2011 07:16 AM

I've been doing fairly well with making healthy choices when it comes to food and I hope to continue. As it cools off, I'd like to go on family walks at night.

KimiB September 12th, 2011 07:19 AM

Now that the evenings are cooler, I'd like to get out walking 3x a week (30 mins). I'm also returning to my (adult beginner level) ballet classes tonight after having to take the whole summer off due to exhaustion, so that will serve as my core/balance/strength exercise. I want to get back into my daily stretching regime.

As far as food goes, I just get through each day, eating whatever I can stomach. I can't eat normal-size portions so far so my weight gain has been on target.

Chelbell September 12th, 2011 07:41 AM

My goal for this pregnancy is to gain between 30-35 lbs like I did with DS and to make healthy choices when I can! I've fallen off the work out wagon for the last couple of months due to feeling tired alllll the time:(. I really want to start walking or using my elliptical 3-4 times a week. I've been pretty good at eating healthy...so far!

KASHWORTH September 12th, 2011 07:44 AM

I'm usually pretty healthy and active in general. I was training for a marathon when I got pregnant. Well, I had to quit that so I renewed my gym membership so I could still stay active. I have been so sick that I haven't been able to work out at all. I need to start again. I walk my dogs at night when I'm feeling alright but it's still like 90 degrees here at 7 PM when it's completely dark out, haha. I hope to eat more fruits and veggies! Also to keep my weight gain around 40 lbs, my mom gained 80 with me, haha.

frgsonmysox September 12th, 2011 07:44 AM

I'm having a flare up of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so right now my goals are just to keep going as best I can.

I want to exercise as much as I can this pregnancy, I'm going to have a long road ahead of me after he or she is born because of the EDS.

I'm trying to drink more water and eat fruits and veggies more frequently.

amandarosed2 September 12th, 2011 10:46 AM

I'm trying to keep my weight gain around 30-35 but I also have already gained 10 but I'm hoping it levels off because in the beginning I had to eat all the time or I'd be sick even in the middle of the night. Now I'm not eating quite so frequently. I also want to try incorporating more fruits and veggies some days I do great other days I only have like 1 -2 servings. And I have a huge sweet tooth so I need to manage that.
As far as exercise before I got pregnant I was working out 6 days a week for an hour each day. Then fatigue hit andfatigue is still pretty rough. But I'm starting to get back into walking 30 minutes but I need to do it more often.

mythreesons September 12th, 2011 01:15 PM

I want to try to exercise and eat healthier. With each pregnancy I gained an extra 10-15 lbs (and never lost them). Three pregnancies later, I have 50-60 lbs to lose. I am hoping to not add to that total much!

Dizzi September 12th, 2011 04:12 PM

I started this pregnancy overweight so I'm hoping to not gain anymore than 25lbs this pregnancy. Which for my body type/size/etc is perfectly acceptable. I gained 60lbs and 45lbs with DD and DS and never got all of it worked back off :(

So, I'm hoping to keep making healthy eating choices and stay active throughout this pregnancy!

-Bailey- September 12th, 2011 08:33 PM

I get enough excerise at work, but there are a couple that were reccomended by my doctor to "build the muscles you'll use during labor" which sounds like a pretty darn good idea to me!

Also eating healthier. I was really good about it my first trimester, but I've been slipping recently.