JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1973-2012-playroom-birth-stories/)
-   -   I need to stop avoiding this sub forum. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1973-2012-playroom-birth-stories/2425721-i-need-to-stop-avoiding-sub-forum.html)

woohoo502 October 4th, 2011 04:35 AM

I need to stop avoiding this sub forum.

I had such high hopes for myself and being healthier this pregnancy. Then, I felt like such poop the first trimester, I did nothing but lay on the couch and eat crap. Then, the second trimester came, and I had a million excuses for why I wasn't exercising.

Sunday, I tried to go for a run, and realized how out of shape I was. No activity since June has taken a toll on me. At the end of May, I ran a 10 mile race, and now I can't run for 10 minutes straight. I know that some of that is pregnancy, but I also know if I had kept running, I wouldn't be as out of shape as I am now.

I decided to get back to the gym and do some interval training on the treadmill. Yesterday was day one. I am following the couch to 5k running program that I used to start to run. Yesterday was run 90 seconds, walk 2 minutes. It actually went ok. I am a little sore, but that is to be expected. My legs have been used to being lazy!

Anyone else trying to keep up a fitness routine during this pregnancy? What are you doing for exercise?

Conners Mommie +2 October 4th, 2011 09:25 AM

Re: I need to stop avoiding this sub forum.

Nope. Lol. I wish i was though....i was going to the gym for awhile, but then started having some pain which my dr thinks could be endometriosis. SOOOOO everything has come to a hault for awhile.

mommy2noelle October 4th, 2011 12:12 PM

Nope...and Whitney, I admire you for getting back into it. I've pretty much given up hope of starting up again.

kdrew88 October 4th, 2011 01:50 PM

I had high hopes of using my elliptical once the m/s went away but mine is still lingering so I haven't done it yet. Hopefully it will go away for good and I can tone up a little and manage my weight gain so I don't gain too much. :)

-Bailey- October 8th, 2011 12:37 AM

Every single day I tell myself "hey, you should probably DO something"

And every single day I put it off
:(

chapsgirl07 October 8th, 2011 10:07 AM

I was using Couch to 5K...I really liked it. I hadn't gotten past week 4, but it was working. Now that I'm feeling better, I have full intention of going back to the gym at least a day or 2 a week to walk...just hasn't happened yet.

kdrew88 October 10th, 2011 06:16 PM

I finally got on the elliptical tonight! It was only for 25 minutes, but I'm glad I did it! :)

RachaelMay October 14th, 2011 07:50 AM

Hello ladies! I am am due in March but have a 10 month old boy. I did pilates until the day I had Brooks Allen and am doing the same with this one. I too had started running prior to my first but it felt too weird to run. Pilates kept me in shape, flexible, and free of back pain. It was especially helpful with posture and back pain when breastfeeding. I have to keep moving to make up for the wonderful things I eat!:giggle:

dansgirl October 27th, 2011 11:18 AM

You can always start now!! Don't beat yourself up! Make a plan to start tomorrow and just do it. :) I want to look at and maybe start the couch to 5k...wonder how that would be for a prego? I ran before but my doc said to wait on running until the
2nd tri for me since I had a m/c a few months prior to this pregnancy. But everything is okay now and I think it is fine. I actually jog quite a bit back and forth to get things for the girls or when chasing my girls at the park. I forget I'm prego most of the time until pickle kicks me or I get a tummy charlie horse from popping out of bed/chair/etc too quickly!!

I go to the gym 4x a week. I walk at a incline (I vary it or I get super bored during the walk) for 30 min and watch my heart rate. I have an awesome Pilates preg. dvd I need to pull out and do.
I also have this "pregnancy without pounds" guide that talks about safe exercises to do while prego.