JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1973-2012-playroom-birth-stories/)
-   -   Doing a good thing today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1973-2012-playroom-birth-stories/2429071-doing-good-thing-today.html)

mommy2noelle October 10th, 2011 06:17 AM

Doing a good thing today

Ok, so today I'm going to the grocery store, and I'm planning on making two dishes that will hopefully last most of the week.

The first will be a black bean soup that I created for lunch, and the second will be a baked ziti for dinner.

I have to figure out how I can have my breakfast...I may just have to get up a little earlier to make it, but I want to start eating my egg white omlets again. It's just hard to have them during the week because I'm used to eating at work and 6:00 am is too early for me to have breakfast...But anyway, I'm sure I'll feel a lot better once I get this on track.

amandarosed2 October 10th, 2011 09:40 AM

Re: Doing a good thing today

What's your baked ziti recipe?

kdrew88 October 10th, 2011 10:16 AM

I love black bean soup!

I like to make a breakfast casserole with eggs, tomatoes and green chilis, broccoli, ham, whole wheat couscous, and cheese. I make a big one and then take it to work for breakfast. It heats well in the microwave.

mommy2noelle October 10th, 2011 11:05 AM

Kelly, you keep reminding me of stuff. LOL! I meant to look up a recipe for a crustless spinach quiche. LOL!

Amanda, for this particular ziti I'm using:
2 cups of canned tomato sauce (Hunts 4 cheese)
One pound of ground beef
Half a box of mini ziti (easier for DD to eat)
One can of diced tomatoes
2 cups of Sargento Italian shredded cheese
15 oz of part skim ricotta

Brown ground beef in a pan and boil water for pasta. Once the ground beef is done, drain and set aside to cool. Also drain and rinse pasta. Mix the can tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, and ricotta together in a bowl. Add pasta and 1.5 cup of shredded cheese and mix together. Place in a baking dish and bake covered for 20-30 minutes and then top with remaining cheese and bake upcovered until cheese melts.

amandarosed2 October 10th, 2011 03:02 PM

That sounds delicious I'll have to make that baked ziti this week

mommy2noelle October 10th, 2011 04:37 PM

I love my ziti if I do say so myself. LOL!

Oh and I should add that I ended up using a whole 26 oz can of sauce because the half of a can wasn't wet enough for me.

-Bailey- October 10th, 2011 07:51 PM

Ooh I like Kelly's idea of a breakfast casserole, I'm so lazy in the morning I never want to make breakfast so I usually end up with cereal which is delicious but not exactly healthy haha

amandarosed2 October 14th, 2011 09:53 AM

Yum I had a light tuna fish sandwich and chicken soup for lunch, what is everyone else having?

mommy2noelle October 14th, 2011 10:58 AM

I had my last bowl of black bean soup and water. :)

dansgirl October 27th, 2011 11:13 AM

oh I love black bean soup, wish dh and the girls did too! (if dh doesn't like it, the girls don't either...brother!)

Kelly~ I love that you put whole wheat cous cous in your breakfast dish, I haven't heard of that before, clever! I want to try that. I love cous cous.

I'm going to steal your baked ziti recipe, my girls would love that! :)