JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1973-2012-playroom-birth-stories/)
-   -   Cervix even shorter - **Update in first post** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1973-2012-playroom-birth-stories/2461284-cervix-even-shorter-update-first-post.html)

mommy2noelle December 12th, 2011 08:54 AM

Cervix even shorter - **Update in first post**

Haven't talked to the doc yet, but just finished my u/s and my Cervix is now between 1.4 and 1.6cm. The tech also said she saw a slight "v" forming and baby's head was directly on my cervix. I'm so scared right now. The tech keeps saying how the cervix is a muscle and it can expeand and contract...I just wish I was further along. Now I'm sitting in the waiting room crying and I can't stop. :(

I mean, what else can I do???

Well I'm home now...longest day ever.

In addition to having gotten shorter, my cervix is also now starting to soften...of course it is. I gave doc a rundown of my day, which doesn't include any activity outside of taking Noelle to daycare, getting something to eat, and using the bathroom. She said I'm doing well. She's even ok with me taking Noelle to daycare. So, I'm to continue working from home and am on pelvic rest, and cannot clean my house. She also wants me to try to recline a little bit when I'm sitting in my bed.

I'm to continue on the prometrium (progesterone) and she now wants me to start taking the procardia twice a day. I go back in a week for another u/s, internal check, and NST. I think that's about it.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys. At this point, I'm thankful for every day that I can get him to stay in.

Mandy1108 December 12th, 2011 09:00 AM

Re: Cervix even shorter

Im sorry Nia. You've been in my thoughts & prayers and will remain in them.

robbinsbaby1 December 12th, 2011 09:00 AM

I am so sorry. I know it is hard and seems impossible but you are in good hands and I am sure your dr will take great care of you and your little man. We will be thinking of you, please KUP.

ducky1923 December 12th, 2011 09:09 AM

Nia you are still in my thoughts and prayers...

Dizzi December 12th, 2011 09:13 AM

Awwe, Nia :( I'm so sorry .. I've been thinking about you and will continue sending positive thoughts your way. Like was said, your doctor will do what's best for you and your little mister :hug: KUP!

yugot2h8 December 12th, 2011 09:22 AM

Sorry to hear. I am also thinking of you and baby :hug:

Thea Maria G December 12th, 2011 09:36 AM

Im sorry :( :hug: i hope he stays in there!

KimiB December 12th, 2011 09:43 AM

Ohhh update us when you can. I'm really really sorry - I can only imagine how upset you must be. Is a cerclage (sp?) an option at this point? I know it wouldn't be pleasant but might give you time?

KimberlyAnn327 December 12th, 2011 09:44 AM

I'm sorry Nia! :( I hope he stays put for a while longer. (((HUGS)))

frgsonmysox December 12th, 2011 10:27 AM

I'm thinking of you, hun :( I hope he stays in there for you but if he doesn't there a great chance everything will be okay.

brandywk December 12th, 2011 10:43 AM

I'm so sorry! But atleast you know your doing everything you can.. you got the steriod shots and are staying off your feet. Are you doing the p17 shots? Maybe that could be something the doc may have you try.

Lovemykiddos! December 12th, 2011 11:14 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this Nia. Like it was said before, at least you have warning and have gotten the steroid shots that will help. 2 more weeks and he won't be a micro preemie anymore. I'm praying he stays put longer!!!

mommy2noelle December 12th, 2011 11:18 AM

Re: Cervix even shorter - **Update in first post**

Thanks Rachael. I updated in the first post.

I'm hoping to get to January at least. My immediate boss also has to discuss my teleworking with her boss since I may not be ok'd to go back to the office on a part time schedule. So please say a prayer that he's understanding of my issues, because I do not have the leave to take off for bedrest and maternity leave. :(

ARMommy December 12th, 2011 11:27 AM

:grouphug:Nia I am definitely praying for you and baby! Take it easy and know that you are doing everything you possibly can. KUP.

mommy2noelle December 12th, 2011 01:13 PM

Thank you Ashley.

D's gonna get Noelle from daycare today and take her bowling with him, so I'll have some completely quiet time until about 9pm or so. :) Can you say sleep???

mamaperry December 12th, 2011 01:47 PM

Praying he doesn't come before the New Year! Are you close to a large hospital with nicu? Also do you have a recliner? If you do lay in the recliner and add pillows at you feet.

ETanny December 12th, 2011 01:52 PM

Oh Nia :dothug:
Every day you can keep him baking at the moment is a bonus - but at this gestation the survival rate is amazing so if the worst come and he does come early and sure everything will be okay.

mommy2noelle December 12th, 2011 01:55 PM

Tammy, the hospital I'd deliver at regardless has a level 3 NICU, which has always given me comfort, even from my GD. I don't have a recliner, but I'm in my wonderful bed with pillows behind me to provide a slight recline. Doc said she didn't want me sitting straight up.

Also got great news from work that both of my supervisors are ok with extended telework. :) I'm so happy about that. One less thing for me to worry about.

kdrew88 December 12th, 2011 01:58 PM

Great news about working from home! Hope he bakes at least until January!

mommy2noelle December 12th, 2011 02:04 PM

Thank you...