JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   12 week scan - gender? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2389178-12-week-scan-gender.html)

themorethemerrier August 5th, 2011 04:31 PM

12 week scan - gender?

So, I asked the technician today if she could tell what the sex was. She says she never usually looks this early. She was the tech I had for my twins, so we know each other pretty well. Anyways, she got a an amazing shot and there was definitely something between the legs. It wasn't an "angle of the dangle" shot, but a between the leg shot. So, based on this, could the baby possibly be a boy. I understand it's 50/50 anyways, but I saw whatever she saw.

Bluemoon. August 5th, 2011 04:49 PM

Re: 12 week scan - gender?

It depends, hard to tell bc girls also have a (not sure what to call it) penis? Which later goes in and becomes the clitoris. They say a good doctor can tell from the position of that body part, at 13 weeks my doc said he is 98% sure it's a girl.

ASoldiersLuckyCharm August 5th, 2011 04:53 PM

Oh that is cool never heard of many trying to guess at 12 weeks hope you get what you want :-)

*Amy* August 6th, 2011 09:39 AM

It very well could be! With DS, the tech wrote down boy at my 13 week u/s but didn't tell me til it was confirmed at 20 weeks. If they're good at what they do and get a good look, I believe it can be very accurate!

mommaspeck August 6th, 2011 09:45 AM

It will be interesting when you find out for 100%! YAH!

Iluvmybabies* August 6th, 2011 10:20 AM

Its possible it is a boy, but bluemoon is right they all have a nub until about 13wks

Here is an awesome site

Embryo Development external genital sex organs - angle of the dangle boy or girl ultrasound gender scan - Baby2see

everafter August 6th, 2011 01:22 PM

At my NT scan 12w6d the doctor said she's 95% sure it's a girl....

I said "Because of the angle of the dangle ???" (I haven't seen anything in that regard, but I've read about it) and she just smirked...

I love that website (baby2see) it's really informative and grounds me every time I get my hopes up for my baby girl...

On Tuesday I will hopefully find out if she was right or if the baby grew a 5% penis :p ...

jensma August 6th, 2011 02:27 PM

yep external genitalia isn't fully formed that early, so it is hard to tell. but our peri and u/s tech both guessed boy with our son at 12w5d based off of a nub shot.

marinewife0702 August 6th, 2011 03:17 PM

Thats cool!!! Like one of the other ladies said, I have heard that around that time girls clitoris' are starting to form so its possible you have a girl....fingers crossed for a boy if thats what you want!! Im going for my gender scan in alittle over a week, hoping to not see a bump, but i'll take anything thats healthy!!

kumagorou August 6th, 2011 04:02 PM

Could be, I would say it's still 50/50 because as alot have mentioned before all baby's have a "nub" this early, but some tech are really good at telling :)
I have had early gender guesses in both my other pregnancies 13 weeks ish and the Tec was right. This time I got someone much younger and she wouldn't even look she said it was impossible to tell :/

themorethemerrier August 6th, 2011 05:50 PM

Well originally I was hoping for a girl, only to even things out. I'd have 4 boys and 4 girls. But since she and I both saw what we saw, maybe it's to get me settled on the possibility of the baby being a boy. It's definitely got me looking for boy's names. :) Only 8 more weeks to know for sure, lol...and then that's even not 100% for sure. :)

brewhitham August 6th, 2011 08:09 PM

i had my 12 week us and the tech said shes pretty positive its a boy, girls grow kinda outward & down and boys grow up!

themorethemerrier August 7th, 2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewhitham (Post 24565351)
i had my 12 week us and the tech said shes pretty positive its a boy, girls grow kinda outward & down and boys grow up!

Interesting, I saw what my ultrasound tech saw, but come to think of it, the nub looked like it was pointing more down.

everafter August 7th, 2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themorethemerrier (Post 24567151)
Interesting, I saw what my ultrasound tech saw, but come to think of it, the nub looked like it was pointing more down.

This is what I got at my NT scan, where the doc said it's 95% girl....

http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...b86a29e1b7.jpg

I keep thinking this circled area might be what she thought are the girl parts...but who knows....Tuesday I'll hopefully find out :heart:

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...f571e79e62.gif

jensma August 7th, 2011 11:22 AM

if you ever check out the in-gender forums they have a nub shot area that is cool! Looking back on my boy there is no denying he's a boy but baby2see has the best pictures and explanation.

themorethemerrier August 7th, 2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jensma (Post 24568110)
if you ever check out the in-gender forums they have a nub shot area that is cool! Looking back on my boy there is no denying he's a boy but baby2see has the best pictures and explanation.

Where are in the in-gender forums, right here on JM or a separate forum?

Oh never mind, I found the site. :)