JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   DDC Buddy system? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2419187-ddc-buddy-system.html)

sarah_19_nz September 22nd, 2011 07:48 PM

DDC Buddy system?
 
O.K so I know what a DDC buddy is now BUT I'm struggling to figure out how it would work for someone like me who is in a completely different time zone, a completely different DAY even to most of you.

Are these "other means of communication" usually cell phone/txting? Would I have to have a due date buddy who is in New Zealand? Or perhaps Aussie since we are only 2 (or after this weekend 3 hours) ahead?

I can't imagine someone wanting a txt from me in the middle of the night saying "um yeah could you let everyone know that I'm in hospital having my epidural now" hehehe

I don't think I understand the concept?? Call me blonde? Blonde and pregnant? :D

When I explained the concept to my Hubby, he was like... "You know I have an iphone don't you?, you can always go online yourself or ask me to post updates" I was like "Oh yeah, I must ask the ladies tomorrow then"

So here I am asking :)

Cheers!

Iluvmybabies* September 22nd, 2011 07:58 PM

Re: DDC Buddy system?
 
Well you and your DDB can figure out how you will keep in contact but a DDB can be a support too as well as a contact so it can serve other purposes (=

sarah_19_nz September 22nd, 2011 08:14 PM

Re: DDC Buddy system?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvmygirls (Post 24889647)
Well you and your DDB can figure out how you will keep in contact but a DDB can be a support too as well as a contact so it can serve other purposes (=

Cool! Thanks Summer.

feythful September 22nd, 2011 10:42 PM

Re: DDC Buddy system?
 
Who would mind getting a middle of the night text from you saying you're in labor? nobody...at least not me. I would get excited and probably wake Jeff up. In a sleepy haze he would say "what are you doing? Go back to bed..." and I'd say "I can't Sarah's in labor!" He'd respond "who?" "Sarah...you know, the one from New Zealand....duh." He'd roll his eyes at me and be grumpy for waking him up, but he'd get over it.

This type of fake scenario is what gets conjured in my brain when I can't sleep and I'm deliriously tired. Sad part is that it would probably happen that way for real.

sarah_19_nz September 23rd, 2011 12:45 AM

Re: DDC Buddy system?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by feythful (Post 24890122)
Who would mind getting a middle of the night text from you saying you're in labor? nobody...at least not me. I would get excited and probably wake Jeff up. In a sleepy haze he would say "what are you doing? Go back to bed..." and I'd say "I can't Sarah's in labor!" He'd respond "who?" "Sarah...you know, the one from New Zealand....duh." He'd roll his eyes at me and be grumpy for waking him up, but he'd get over it.

This type of fake scenario is what gets conjured in my brain when I can't sleep and I'm deliriously tired. Sad part is that it would probably happen that way for real.

Hhaha you're awesome! :P How cute... "Sarah...you know, the one from New Zealand....duh." hehe

BrittanyLBH September 23rd, 2011 12:49 AM

Re: DDC Buddy system?
 
I feel the same!! A wrong number could wake me up at noon, and I curse about it all day... but a friend waking me up at 3am to say they're in labor and I'd be thrilled. lol. Go figure.

3TimesCharm September 23rd, 2011 11:35 AM

Re: DDC Buddy system?
 
i think even if you're in the same time zone there's a good chance you'll get woke up in the middle of the night lol

BrittanyLBH September 23rd, 2011 12:53 PM

Re: DDC Buddy system?
 
That's a really good point!!

karbear33 September 23rd, 2011 01:36 PM

Re: DDC Buddy system?
 
In previous ddcs, we tried our best to pair people that were geographically close, so that they would be able to communicate easily. This is also nice in the case that u really hit it off. You could go on to plan playdates or meetups. :)

justjaQ September 23rd, 2011 07:50 PM

Re: DDC Buddy system?
 
yeah, babies come whenever they feel like it, that's what i was thinking.

Bella11356 September 23rd, 2011 08:01 PM

Re: DDC Buddy system?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah_19_nz (Post 24890300)
Hhaha you're awesome! :P How cute... "Sarah...you know, the one from New Zealand....duh." hehe

Your just popular...I was telling my boyfriend about you the other day and how new Zealand is going to sink into the ocean and you'll have to live in California to feel at home...lol

I would not mind if you or anyone else called and woke me up in the middle of the night!!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.