JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   My gender reveal dilemma (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2424452-my-gender-reveal-dilemma.html)

Sunkist20 October 1st, 2011 11:31 PM

My gender reveal dilemma

So my gender scan is on Monday. Dh, my dad, and MIL are attending and we are going to find out there. So here is some background info:

Dh and I currently live with his family. My family is spread apart...no one lives in the same town. My plan so far is to make cupcakes with either pink or blue frosting in the middle and each person in dh family will get to find out Monday night.

My dilemma is...I dont know to reveal it to my side of the family. No one can get together, especially not during the week. Id like to do something fun, since dh family gets to do the cupcakes but I don't know what. I also...HATE calling and having to talk to twenty different people to tell them the same thing. I want something pretty immediate so I can announce it on facebook.

(most of my family does not have facebook but a friend of the family does and everyone would be offended if they didn't know first)

My idea is to take a picture of one of the cupcakes cut open and email it to everyone in my family and have them ready to check their email that night. Is that a good idea? Anyone have any other suggestions?

isaroo October 2nd, 2011 12:27 AM

Re: My gender reveal dilemma

I think the email is a good idea. I didn't want to call 20 people either, so hubby and I just called my sister, and his immediate family and after that I just posted it on facebook. My mom, who went to the u/s with me, probably called her family and told them, but I wasn't about to do that. lol

If my mom wasn't at the u/s with me, and couldn't go to the party, I'd probably call her at the time of the reveal so she could listen, but that is just me.

BrittanyLBH October 2nd, 2011 12:42 AM

I would make a cute video and email that, but I have more time on my hands than most of you ladies. lol

There are some cute gender reveal movies out there to reference, though.

IE: Baby McGinnity Gender Reveal - YouTube

katiebug02 October 2nd, 2011 12:59 AM

I think an e-mail or a video sounds good. I just told one person on my side and that's all it took. It was like a chain reaction. lol!

~Mindy~ October 2nd, 2011 06:23 AM

I think the email is a good idea. That's how we revealed to my side of the family who all live in other states.

karbear33 October 2nd, 2011 07:27 AM

I think the email of the cut open cupcake is a great idea. Adorable, easy enough, and a good way to include every one!

JTsquared October 2nd, 2011 07:30 AM

I agree, email sounds like a good idea. Or picture messaging, if they can get it on their phone. I'm sure if you notify everyone to check their email that night, they will. Although I wouldn't be shocked if they all call, and you still end up talking to 20 people that night. LOL

jensma October 2nd, 2011 07:37 AM

I texted everyone a picture of a little sister onesie! It was a little more fun than just saying, it's a girl. A girlfriend of mine did a video broadcast of their gender reveal so those who weren't there could still see...it was fun!