JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   got in a car accident last night, small update @ 1pm (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2425072-got-car-accident-last-night-small-update-1pm.html)

justjaQ October 3rd, 2011 07:03 AM

got in a car accident last night, small update @ 1pm

kind of long, ladies-- if you want to get right to the accident, scroll to the stars: *************************

so i just spent fifteen minutes typing about this and nick unplugged my laptop. i'm about in tears, but i'll try and start over with the most important parts. he's so hectic and rambunctious now, idk WHAT i'll do with him when he's older, or how i will keep him from abusing the baby, and make time for all four kids. so stressed.

okay, so my best friend steve and i have been planning to go up north and visit our other best friend, my my father-to-be for Baby Gaga, for three weeks. i had to jump through hoops to get a baby-sitter; mom said she would, but she has outpatient surgery on her legs each thurday, and they hit an artery this time, so she's been totally laid up. i was so hesitant to ask my dad, because i've known steve 12 years, and my dad used to date stevie's step-aunt, and long story short, my dad blames steve for anything I do, as if i have no personality. everyone makes mistakes. so i had to talk with dad and explain that steve is not me, and anything i've ever done that my dad doesn't agree with, is/was MY choice/fault. i was sooo surprised when he agreed to watch my kids for me. i was kind of almost in tears when i asked him... and he said yes. the last thing he told steve was, "take good care of my daughter." oh, sigh...
so we make the hour and a half drive up past flint, to brand's.. boy it was convenient when he lived in detroit. i was there in 45 minutes, and TMI but i'd drive a thousand miles to be with someone THAT goo,d if you know what i mean. as heart says, he's a magic man. :cool: and brand is more comfortable, even though we're both single, if i'm not meeting any guys while i'm carrying his baby. that's understandable, i suppose-- in a guy's mind, there's his little baby's head, and... yeah.
i was really tired, and slept a bit while we were there, which bums me out so bad. i fell asleep in B's lap twice throughout the day/night. but it was just nice to see him, hug and hold him. no PDA with his 90-year-old grandma right there. she was kind enough to invite us in (brandon takes care of her fulltime, since she broke her leg in january). but again, perhaps :tmi:, we did get to have thank-heavens-we're-okay-and-alive sex that night... 3.5 months, since i hadn't seen him since my birthday in june. his grandma went off on me that day because i was wearing a tank top-- er, it was june, and i have heat intolerance. ahhh, different generations. so she was very sweet and kind this time.
anyway, we decided to get pizza for dinner, and went out to pick it up.

steve was driving his brand new car, with me behind him and brandon next to me in the backseat (i asked him to sit in the back to cuddle with me, and i'm so thankful, because he could have been seriously injured or worse-- that's where all the damage was, and the windshield was caved in, etc.). thank god nobody was in the front passenget seat, because that's where the massive damage happened. brand and i were bickering playfully about who-knows-what, and steve turned for a split-second to tell us to be quiet. then a little girl ran into the road. it was already dark, and steve swerved off the left side of the road, took out a telephone pole like it was a twig, and since it's so muddy, the car wouldn't stop until he wrapped it around a tree. the family whose home it was was outside. i remember watching the whole thing totally helplessly, but i do know that injuries aren't as bad if your body isn't tensed up-- probably why i wasn't injured last time (i go my entire life terrified of car accidents, and never get into one, and them boom, two within 6 months).
the car is totaled, the front bumper completely fell off when it was towed away. a few cops showed up, gave steve a breathalyzer, which we passed of course. the windshield was completely caved in on the right side, and the air bags went off. i cut my mouth in several places, and was all bloody, but other than that, i have a few scraped on my arm, and the boys were okay.
we were stranded in clio, middle of noooowhere, until 1 am though, when we finally got a ride home from the lady who rent's steve's house.
we were only going about 30mph, but with my seat beat, it's like i got punched in the stomach at 30mph. and i thought i felt some fluttering last night; not sure... but since then, nothing. i am absolutely panicking, and i do not have a car to go to the ER, nor do i have insurance, so i can't even go to the hospital until my step-dad gets off work this evening. i am so freaked out. i felt okay after the accident, and it just didn't occur to me to go to a hospital at the time. the police officer asked if i wanted medical attention for my bleeding mouth, but i couldn't even feel it, so i said no. i wouldn't have even known it was cut, had the guys not mentioned it.
anyway, please please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. i am so scared, so so scared. i can't lose this baby, i want it more than anything, and last night steve said he would kill himself if he's have hit the kid. well, i hate to think what he might do if it turns out his accident harmed or killed my child. i can't stop crying, girls, i am so scared. and there's nothing i can do. even if i go to the hospital, if something happened to the baby, they can't do anything for me. and i'm only 22 weeks, so the baby isn't even viable. please god, take care of my baby. i don't know what else to do but cry. i've been drinking OJ and eating cookies, but still nothing. why won't s/he move??!
what do you guys think? so you think a simple seat belt and abrupt "stop" is enough to hurt the baby? i never thought this would happen, and i don't know what to do with myself. i want this child so, soooo badly, and this hurts so much to think i might not get it now...
thanks for listening. i will update when i get home from the hospital this evening-ish, or if i start feeling some good movements. i'm so scared... please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

-----
here's a picture of the front of the car-- it was pretty dark, but you can still make it out somewhat, if you look at it from the right angle:
http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...f31b393bef.jpg

and, thank GOD, the baby has FINALLY started kicking a little bit, in the past fifteen minutes or so. very gently though. my aunt is going to take me to the hospital within the next hour or two. i'm sure i'll be able to hear the heartbeat :wub: but hopefully they'll do an ultrasound too, that would really make me feel better, plus who knows, maybe that cord has moved and i'll have a gender announcement. thank you for all of your kind words-- i haven't read the last few yet; will do that right now. love to you all.

1:20- baby is kicking around like normal, but as i said, i'm still definitely going to the hospital. i want to see a normal heartbeat, and hopefully, a healthy child on a screen. you guys will be soe of the first to know, after i get home. xo

~Mindy~ October 3rd, 2011 07:12 AM

Re: got in a car accident last night, worried about baby...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident! I will be praying hard for your little baby gaga. *hugs*

Girl IS my name October 3rd, 2011 07:13 AM

I don't know anything about having a car accident while pregnant, but I'm already praying for you!! KUP! :hug:

themorethemerrier October 3rd, 2011 07:14 AM

Definitely praying! Tell me the family of the little girl that ran into the road was talked to. That makes me so mad in itself. I'm sorry you have to wait until later to see a Dr. I suppose in the meantime just take it really easy and rest. And like I said I will be praying for the health of your little one. (((HUGS)))

justjaQ October 3rd, 2011 07:15 AM

thank you very much mindy. i should have gone to the hospital last night, but we were all kind of dazed, and i never dreamed that there would be baby complications, i was just so thankful my boys and i were okay, and that nobody was in the seat where all the damage occurred. going to go lay down and finish up my orange juice, and try not to cry or panic, because it's not going to accomplish anything, other than stress me out even more. not sure i could really forgive steve if the baby passed away, even though it was an accident. it all hurts so much and i'm so terrified.

BSandDsMommy October 3rd, 2011 07:25 AM

Oh my goodness, very scary!!! Praying for you and baby, and thanking God you, your friends, and little girl weren't hurt worse, I know how at the time your running on adrenaline then after you are able to come down is when you start realizing what all hurts and thinking back on it I have no experience on being in accidents whole pregnant but have been in one that left me with whip lash and my back is messed up now but I have had friends that have got into accidents while pg and have healthy happy babies.... I'll be pray g for you and baby all day ((hugs))

LuckyCharm October 3rd, 2011 07:28 AM

Hey MsJaQ,
I am so sorry you went through this.
My mom had 2 car accidents in her entire life, both when she was pregnant. The first one with me, the second one with my sister. During the first accident, the road was icy, and the car flipped over (the wheels towards the sky). The seatbelt went so tight, she got really scared. She felt all wet and assumed that it was blood coming from her uterus. In the end, the liquid was nothing more than pee, and the baby (me!) turned out just fine!
I'm not assuming that everything is fine, but our human body is really strong.
As for the car accident with my sister, I'm not too sure of what happened, but she turned out fine too.
I hope it makes you feel better. Try to relax until you can see a doctor.

Hugs

DoNiSe October 3rd, 2011 09:31 AM

hope all turns out ok
keeping you in my prayers

JTsquared October 3rd, 2011 09:33 AM

I'm so sorry sweetie. Please update us as soon as you can go to the doctor. Praying for you and baby.

BrittanyLBH October 3rd, 2011 10:00 AM

I'm sorry you're having to go through all of this. I would have to go to the doctor. I'd have to know, whether there was anything they could do to help him/her, I'd still jsut have to know. I hope you feel movement soon.

justjaQ October 3rd, 2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themorethemerrier (Post 24949763)
Definitely praying! Tell me the family of the little girl that ran into the road was talked to. That makes me so mad in itself. I'm sorry you have to wait until later to see a Dr. I suppose in the meantime just take it really easy and rest. And like I said I will be praying for the health of your little one. (((HUGS)))

i really don't know what was said to the little girl. i stayed in the car until the police came. but they were all outside, and something that really ticked me off was that one of the homeowners came out, looked at steve, and said, "you're blitzed." UGH! he passed his breathalyzer, and all the alcohol-related tests-- just because you're in an accident does NOT mean you're drunk or high, grrrrr. they shouldn't have had a 5ish-yr-old girl out in the dark. i understand that kids can get away from you, but it wasn't our fault, grrr. just glad she wasn't hurt, and we weren't, and that the baby is indeed moving, after silence from 6:30 last night til 12:45 this afternoon.
i'm sooo sore from my mouth, nose, arms, and it feels like i was punched in the stomach from my seatbelt.
i did lay down and rest during nick's nap, and that was nice, to get my mind off of it. i cried a lot after i got up, because it had been so long. s/he finally decided to stop scaring me though; relief, kind of. thank goodness for that amniotic sack...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will_I_make_it (Post 24949908)
Hey MsJaQ,
I am so sorry you went through this.
My mom had 2 car accidents in her entire life, both when she was pregnant. The first one with me, the second one with my sister. During the first accident, the road was icy, and the car flipped over (the wheels towards the sky). The seatbelt went so tight, she got really scared. She felt all wet and assumed that it was blood coming from her uterus. In the end, the liquid was nothing more than pee, and the baby (me!) turned out just fine!
I'm not assuming that everything is fine, but our human body is really strong.
As for the car accident with my sister, I'm not too sure of what happened, but she turned out fine too.
I hope it makes you feel better. Try to relax until you can see a doctor.

Hugs

oh, you have me teary-- i am so glad your mom, you, and your sister turned out fine, especially with the rollover.

karbear33 October 3rd, 2011 11:17 AM

Re: got in a car accident last night, small update @ 1pm

Wow! How scary!!! I am glad baby is moving again The womb is super-protective and padded, so hopefully he/she will be just fine. Giant hugs!!!

marinewife0702 October 3rd, 2011 11:19 AM

prayers for you and your little one!!!

Kitusne October 3rd, 2011 12:15 PM

Oh my.. That must have been very scary. I hope you and the baby are alright. It's awful not having insurance, and feeling like there is no option for medical reassurance.

sarah_19_nz October 3rd, 2011 12:21 PM

UGH how horrendous!!! I'm so glad that baby is kicking around. I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine! Thinking of you guys :)

I was in a MINOR car accident when preg with DD#1, but I mean so minor the car only had a small dent at the back. I remember my stomach going HARD AS A ROCK for a few minutes. (apparently protecting the baby) Everything was absolutely fine. Our bodies do amazing things to protect these precious wee bubbas :)

Keep us updated. HUGS

Iluvmybabies* October 3rd, 2011 01:36 PM

OMG that is sooooo scary I am so happy everything is fine and I will pray everything is even better at the hospital FX

.ingrid. October 3rd, 2011 01:59 PM

Thoughts and prayers coming your way, sorry to hear this news... Let us know how the baby is.

Lovemykiddos! October 3rd, 2011 02:42 PM

I'm glad she is kicking again, u should still se a Dr, and FYI ur friends insurance will cover it:) even if u weren't seen at the scene. When u go in mention u were in a car accident and that the seatbelt tightened on ur stomach u haven't felt normal activity from ur unborn baby. And they will put it on ur friends medical for his insurance. It won't come out of his pocket or anything either. There isn't a deductible for the medical side of car insurance usually. Hope u get to see ur lo soon!

*krista* October 3rd, 2011 03:16 PM

That's a scary situation! And yeah your friend's insurance should cover your medical. Ask him if he has PIP (personal injury protection), if so they will hand over a check for your immediate expenses whether it was his fault or not, instead of waiting for a settlement. I've been in a wreck that was 100% not my fault and my PIP coverage paid both my medical bills and my passengers immediately, no raise in rates for me.

Anyway, I'm glad baby seems okay. Always accept that medical treatment, especially when pregnant! Your adrenaline is rushing after a wreck and you might not feel injuries that you have. Happened to me with a neck/back injury.

eandbabymama October 3rd, 2011 04:03 PM

Sorry you had to go through that. Glad you are ok for the most part, and baby is kicking again. Hope you feel better soon!