JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Hello I'm new (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2434995-hello-im-new.html)

Britt01 October 20th, 2011 01:31 PM

Hello I'm new

I'm a new mom to be iam due jan 1st 2012, i will probably go into labor at the end of november or sometime in december. I'm excited and,nervous. Do any of you ladies feel that way?:smile:

SmilesAreContagious October 20th, 2011 01:36 PM

Re: Hello I'm new

Hi, Im Rheanna, also Due Jan 1st, Im expecting a boy. Im very excited and very nervous as well. I think that's normal.

What makes you feel like you will go into labor early? Are you expecting a boy or girl?

Welcome to our DDC! Its a great one full of lots of supportive ladies.

Desiree McD October 20th, 2011 01:39 PM

Welcome. And I'm with Rheanna, why would you think you'll go into labor early? Especially as a new mom. I thought new moms usually went over their due date.

Aside from that, I've very VERY excited. :)

Britt01 October 20th, 2011 04:53 PM

Well i'm expecting a boy,very anxious and happy...when i was 18 weeks along my son was above average...I just have a feeling that i'm goin to go into labor early plus I already started my Braxton Hick Contractions....me and my hubby are very excited about our bundle of joy. I did miscarry my first child I was 4 weeks along and that was 2 years ago. It's hard...I hope nobody has to go thru with what I did.

littlebeansmommy October 20th, 2011 05:35 PM

Braxton Hicks contractions really don't tell you anything much about when you are going to go into labor. My 3rd DS was "above average" in size and I was having pretty decent braxton hicks from about 30 weeks (roughly) on. He came right on his scheduled induction date at 39 weeks. That was even with being dilated 1-2cms from about 32 weeks on. You never know what is going to happen.

-Anna- October 20th, 2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britt01 (Post 25054013)
Well i'm expecting a boy,very anxious and happy...when i was 18 weeks along my son was above average...I just have a feeling that i'm goin to go into labor early plus I already started my Braxton Hick Contractions....me and my hubby are very excited about our bundle of joy. I did miscarry my first child I was 4 weeks along and that was 2 years ago. It's hard...I hope nobody has to go thru with what I did.

Welcome!! I am Anna. Expecting baby #2.

I really do not think any of this is an indication that you will go into labor early. Measurments at 18 weeks can be very off, so the baby measuring "big" could be inaccurate but either way, that does not mean that you will go in early. Plus BH contractions are perfectly normal also and are not an indication of when labor will start. I would hate for you to think that these indicate early labor and get frustrated or disappointed at the end when the days keep ticking by. It's very likely that you could go in after you EDD. You just never know! ;)

I'm sorry about your miscarriage. I lost a baby in between my pregnancy with DD1 and DD2. It is a very hard thing to go through.

pvm4ever88 October 20th, 2011 06:16 PM

Welcome! I am due January 13th with a girl :) I agree with the other ladies you never know when you will truly go into labor. It's all up to what the little one is going to do.

TNTGarner October 20th, 2011 06:53 PM

Welcome. I would have to agree with the other ladies on the early delivery business. I was dilated at 24 weeks and still did not deliver until 36 weeks. If you delivered a November baby you are looking at a 35 week or earlier baby and that is not something I would want and I would hope the doctors would stop as much as possible. BH are totally normal and do not indicate a preterm delivery.

BoobyDutyAgainJen October 20th, 2011 09:35 PM

Welcome and congrats! I agree with the other ladies...don't get your mind set on when you will deliver because you could deliver this baby on time as "late" as January 15th and that be healthy and normal. It would be unhealthy to deliver the baby at 35 weeks.

Jump right in and post away...we have a great group of ladies here!

-3-Hearts October 21st, 2011 07:20 AM

I agree with everyone else. Size is no indication of delivery date, and braxton hicks can start very early. I know a few here, including myself, who had them start as early as 12 weeks. welcome to our group.

Britt01 October 21st, 2011 03:11 PM

Thanks ladies....you have put my mind at ease. :smile:

Britt01 November 16th, 2012 05:31 PM

Hi all, I had my son on December 14th 2011....I'm doing well an so is my hubby. Our son turned 11 months old a couple of days ago