JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Who? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2455129-who.html)

RachaelDMommaTo3 November 29th, 2011 01:45 AM

Who?

Who will attend your baby's birth? For those with a child already, who attended your previous birth/s?

kchav314 November 29th, 2011 03:00 AM

Re: Who?

My husband and mom will be there. I also have two nieces, one 18 and one 14, and I'm going to invite them to come if they like. I got to see one of my nieces being born when I was 13, and it was awesome! Good birth control too :)

RachaelDMommaTo3 November 29th, 2011 03:07 AM

Just DH will be there.. he was the only one there with Rylan too. When I had Jacob my mom and Jake's "father" were in the room. I wouldn't mind having family in the room again, but we live so far away that it just can't happen. Having Rylan with just DH there was really special though.. it was so nice to just spend time together with him and our new baby before anyone came to visit.

SuperMartianRobotMom6 November 29th, 2011 03:09 AM

My DF & My BF (Whos the God-Mother of our child) :wub:

wavrunnr November 29th, 2011 03:20 AM

with my 1st, my DH and Mom were there (vag delivery)
with my 2nd, it was just DH (csection)
with this one, it'll probably be a csection, so just DH again.

cmom3 November 29th, 2011 03:45 AM

With my first and my second, DH, my mom, and his mom were in the room
With this one, DH, my mom, and my sister.
And a whole bunch of people outside in the hall way in the past and I'm sure this go round too.

Sophia's Momma November 29th, 2011 03:49 AM

With DD it was my mom and DH and it will probably be the same thing this time as well.

JoyfulChaosMama November 29th, 2011 04:03 AM

My husband, my midwife (who has been with me for 10 babies now) and my daughters. (who have also been withe me for a few.) A good friend ask to be present (we have asked her and her husband to be the godparents.) and I told her I'd think about it.

Amazona November 29th, 2011 04:11 AM

Just DH, as we did it the first time. I wouldn't have it any other way :)

jackieleastridge November 29th, 2011 04:45 AM

With both DS and DD it was just me, of course ;) , and DH. My Gram wanted to be present at DD's seeing she was out here from Arizona, but I just wanted to recreate how it was with DS. She should be out visiting again when this LO is born so I might consider letting her be there this time. She is 82 and no other Grandkids are close to having children so I will probably be her last chance to attend a birth!

mommy_in_ky November 29th, 2011 05:03 AM

It was just DH for the first two, and it will be just DH again this time. With both of the boys, my whole family was in the waiting room, so I'm sure they will be again this time, too. :)

Ana*Addey*OliveMommy November 29th, 2011 05:07 AM

With my first it was DH and my friend who is god mother was in an out because of work. Once DD was born and being sent to NICU everyone was there within minutes.

With DD2 it was DH and the same friend was there the whole time. We waited to tell everyone we were in labor until she was here

This one.. Will be DH, hopefully hiring a doula, and I am crossing my friends my mom and a friend can both come in from out of town!!

MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K* November 29th, 2011 05:23 AM

Just hubby and same this time! Don't need a crowd! Hubby is all the support I need and want!! :)

HaydensMa November 29th, 2011 05:29 AM

All the family was waiting with my son but I had a C-section with him so it was just me and the hubbs. I havent decided for sure on a Vbac or just do the c-section again. If I do the vbac I have a friend that wants to be there for my support person b/c my husband isnt really good at it, lol.

LindseyE117 November 29th, 2011 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoMMy2*VictoRia* (Post 25255144)
Just hubby and same this time! Don't need a crowd! Hubby is all the support I need and want!! :)

Ditto!

With DS, my husband at the time, his mom, and my mom was there. I was mortified and their shrieks of excitement ruined my whole experience. I had a horrible labor because of them also. Instead of me relaxing, I had so many people telling me what I should be doing.

With DD, I drove myself to the hospital and labored alone (my ex had left me by this point). It was so peaceful and nice. I loved that it gave me extra bonding time alone with her.

This time it will be just me and DH. I don't want a crowd. I don't want people shrieking with excitement. I don't want to be bothered. I just want my husband to be there so we can share in this experience together. I didn't need people watching me make the baby, and I sure don't want people watching me have him.

MrsMommyDtobe November 29th, 2011 06:37 AM

It will be just DH and me, but I can see that if it's taking a while or I get scared, I will ask for my mom! LOL

Blue_Jar_Mama November 29th, 2011 06:44 AM

It will just be my husband and I, and of course my midwife. With all my births, it's just been dh and I and it's a wonderful moment when it's just the two of you with your newest creation. Made me tear up just thinking about it!

KristyC. November 29th, 2011 07:04 AM

It will be just me and DH with the OB. I know my mom would absolutely love to be there but I don't think I could relax with her there. With my first we waited till we went in and the OB confirmed "a few hours" before telling anyone. We won't be able to wait with this one since we will need a family member to babysit.

If I have a home birth, we won't tell anyone until after the baby is born.

KiwiMommy November 29th, 2011 07:48 AM

Just SO and I.

My mom attended my birth with DD and all we did the entire time was fight.. :lol: No lie! We fought over everything and now joke about how a wonderful birth support/coach she was.

humnck November 29th, 2011 08:13 AM

UGH, I just typed a long thing and JM crashed. Ok, so DH was the only one in the room when I had DD, but people were in and out of the room while I was laboring, not sure who because I was in and out of sleep and I had her so quickly, my mom barely made it in to say hi before I started pushing:) The entire NICU team was in the room with me too - I am talking like 10 others...no modesty left there!

This time, it will be just DH and I again when I am actually having her (oops, I guess that shows that I think it's a girl:)), people will likely be in the waiting room though. They can come in and out of the birthing room until it's time to be examined and time to push:)