JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   When did you start wearing maternity pants? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2459787-when-did-you-start-wearing-maternity-pants.html)

LindsayGriff December 8th, 2011 05:52 PM

When did you start wearing maternity pants?

If you have been pregnant before, about what week did you start wearing maternity pants or around what week with this pregnancy did you start wearing maternity pants.

I see so many people on here already saying they are wearing maternity pants and I am no where near close. I haven't even changed a single belt buckle notch. I feel like my pants are the exact same fit. During my 1st pregnancy I wore them around week 14 starting, granted I am only at almost week 8 but I don't feel like I am changing at all and my weight is still the same. And I am not a big person, BMI like 21, I figured I would show sooner this time.

Starr33 December 8th, 2011 06:38 PM

Re: When did you start wearing maternity pants?

I had gained weight since the summer about 10-12 lbs, and when I gain weight it is all in my belly. So I started wearing them a couple of weeks ago...I had some new(non maternity jeans that I had just got) wore them for a bit and then started feeling them get to snug in the waist and instead of going out and buying more I just went right to the maternity ones....

lckychrmzz December 8th, 2011 06:59 PM

I started wearing them at 8wks with my DD. I just bought new pants right before I got pregnant and purposely bought them bigger so they are still loose. I gained 10lbs by 8wks with my DD, I have lost a pound this time!

gratefulmama December 8th, 2011 07:30 PM

I believe I started wearing them around 12 weeks with my first.

This time, I wore the Bella Band almost immediately and was into maternity pants full-time by 8ish weeks.

*Izzy's*Mommy* December 8th, 2011 07:43 PM

I've been wearing mine for 2 weeks. I can still fit my other pants, but not comfortably.

sportyboymom December 8th, 2011 08:51 PM

24 weeks with my first. I know I will show a lot sooner this time around but am hoping to at least make it to 18/20 weeks without them.

cjthomps26 December 8th, 2011 09:11 PM

dd1 about 30 wks
dd2 about 15wks
dc3 as soon as baby implanted!

Krisztina December 8th, 2011 09:29 PM

About 16 weeks with C, now im still in my reg. jeans, but need to unbutton when i sit,lol

Mamacc December 9th, 2011 05:14 AM

About 6-7 weeks. My regular jeans are pretty snug so once I get preg they don't fit for long.

sunny December 9th, 2011 05:29 AM

Today is my second day this week I have tried wearing them and it is not even 8:30 am and they are annoying me as they are def too big still so fall down and then I am obviously trying to hide the panel so no one knows I am wearing maternity and yeah it is annoyinggggg! Haha....Most my normal pants still fit but I wanted to wear my new pants hahaha! Guess I need to wait a bit longer....

AnotherOnTheWay December 9th, 2011 06:53 AM

I was about 5-6 months along with my first and probably about 4-5 months with my second. My regular pants are fitting just fine for now and it will probably be quite some time before I need to change over.

Sarah_6 December 9th, 2011 06:58 AM

I haven't gained any weight either and my pants still fit! LOL
I usually start wearing them around 16 weeks or so...

txmumx4 December 9th, 2011 07:11 AM

I had my regular clothes packed and sent already just in case I gained more weight the last 2 months we're here. Basically all I have are my maternity clothes "just in case" and to be honest they are still too big but boy are they comfy compared to the already getting snug regular jeans I was wearing before the movers came:)

MissMeliss0522 December 9th, 2011 07:13 AM

I am wearing a pair of size 7/8. Up from my 5's, I used the Be Band with my 5's for as long as I could Im just over 10 weeks. Im not wearing maternity yet if I can help it lol

jdd December 12th, 2011 09:08 AM

#1 14 wks
#2 10 wks
#3 7 wks
I'm not 8 wks with #4 and not there yet...

LuvLuvmyfamily December 12th, 2011 09:39 AM

four months with my first and about 8 or 9 weeks with #2 and this time around I pulled out one pair of maternity and I'm 9w today. All my regular jeans are gettin so tight, so I have a couple pair that are a little to big that im wearing still.

therevslady December 12th, 2011 10:08 AM

I never really wore them with my first.

I was huge from early on with my second and started wearing them around 20 weeks (although I lived in sweats the most of that pregnancy).

Last time, I broke them out somewhere around 34 weeks.

I just wear stretchy type jeans, that have some "give", and a low rise with a belly band the whole time.

Well_Okay December 12th, 2011 12:40 PM

I'm in regular pants still but they're trying to kill me when I sit down. Stiff bands on anything poking my tummy are terrible. Soon as I'm home I switch to yoga pants. In January I will consider maternity wear until then I will fight it! Not wearing maternity stuff until I tell my kids. I must be stealthy pregnant until then.

nikerbokers December 12th, 2011 12:45 PM

This is my 1st pregnancy and I'll be 8 weeks on Wednesday. My pants are already really snug but I think I'm just going to get the Belly Band from Target first before going Maternity pant shopping. I just need probably an extra inch or two for now. I can't believe I'm already not fitting in my pants but it's probably due to bloating since I haven't gained any weight yet.

Mystixism December 12th, 2011 02:10 PM

I was around 18 weeks before I was wearing em with DS. So far with this one, at 7weeks, my pants are already getting snug :(