JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Cradle Cap (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2534782-cradle-cap.html)

lovemylittlemiss June 3rd, 2012 02:15 PM

Cradle Cap

Anyone dealt with this? Anyone know of a good way to get rid of it?

I just noticed that DD has very mild cradle cap...at least that's what I think it is. It's hard to see unless you look closely.

MissusF June 3rd, 2012 04:17 PM

Re: Cradle Cap

I treated Claire's cradle cap with olive oil and it worked really well. I just rubbed some olive oil on her head and massaged it in. I let it sit for about 15 mins or so and then combed her hair with the little comb that came in her grooming kit to get all the flakes out. I then washed her head and combed some more to make sure it was all gone. It was hard to get all the oil out with baby shampoo so I used a drop of dish soap lol.

It worked like a charm and all the cradle cap was gone. It started coming back a few weeks later so I treated it again but used coconut oil and that was a bit easier to wash out. It's been about two weeks and none of it has come back.

*krista* June 3rd, 2012 06:07 PM

Just about any oil will soften the scales enough to brush them out. I used coconut oil and a baby brush. No need to go buy expensive cradle cap treatments. It may take a treatment or two with the oil to get it all out, but it will come out.

MamaAsh June 3rd, 2012 09:08 PM

I third coconut oil!

Spyctre June 3rd, 2012 10:07 PM

Alice had it bad. Sometimes it bled. Ironically enough, only the special organic stuff made it worse. The cancer stuff, Johnsons, was what got rid of it.

katylady June 4th, 2012 08:57 AM

My pedi told me to use selsun blue and it worked its self out. I need to get me some coconut oil. Sounds like a lot of good use for it around the house.

ASoldiersLuckyCharm June 4th, 2012 12:51 PM

We use baby oil but it keeps coming back after a few weeks.

lovemylittlemiss June 4th, 2012 01:51 PM

Thanks ladies!

Mom2TuckerElla June 4th, 2012 03:54 PM

I use a product called Norwex, they are just cloths and I use just water....no chemicals no nothing!! Just google Norwex, and you can probably find a consultant, I know you can order online too....I use it for her eczema spots too, and after just 2 days they are gone, and so is her cradle cap!!

.:Kati:. June 7th, 2012 02:06 AM

Kyler had this after watching him pick at it during feedings (god i cringed everytime he did that) i used baby oil and it cleared up. :)

ASH_M June 10th, 2012 09:07 AM

My aunt swears by Listerine (the brown, regular kind). I think that's kind of weird personally.

With Jojo we had to use olive oil and brush it out during bath time. With Livy we just used the Johnson's baby shampoo to brush it out during bath - worked like a charm! Kinda gross, but I laid the brush back in the bathtub when I was done brushing her hair, and all the flakes started floating on top of the water! Made me wretch!

jen44 June 18th, 2012 10:02 PM

I've been using aqua for on Eli. After the doc advised to only use water on his head every other bath it got so much worse that he started scratching his head. Aqua for has worked wonders!!!