JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   W T H - razor burn? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2535011-w-t-h-razor-burn.html)

Jennyt13 June 4th, 2012 06:51 AM

W T H - razor burn?

Anyone? I am getting horrible what seems to be razor burn. It itches, and no matter how much soap - or how new the blade is - I get still get it! I had it on my thighs when I shaved to go swimming - I decided to stop shaving there (until I go swimming again) and my thighs seem better. But - my lower legs itch, and have bumps on them.

Anyone else? Is this a pregnancy/hormone thing? YUCK!

Jennyt13 June 4th, 2012 08:35 AM

Re: W T H - razor burn?

yikes! I'm the only one? I guess I shall google it!

Belita June 4th, 2012 08:39 AM

Nope, just seeing this now. I've noticed my skin is much more sensitive now that I'm pregnant. I just try not to shave as often and I use a cream right afterwards. They make some products that help stop razer burn that may help, like Tend Skin and Bump Stopper (just double check the ingredients). I find that just putting on some Aveeno anti-itch cream helps a bit. Oddly enough, the rest of my hair is growing more quickly, but my leg hair is growing more slowly, which works out! :D

Jennyt13 June 4th, 2012 09:12 AM

Ya, I need to shave daily - when wearing shorts or capris... and since all my maternity jeans are too big on me (nice problem to have - since I lost weight since baby number one) - I find myself in capris/shorts every day. They still seem to fit.

I did look on another board, and looked up "Razor burn" and a bunch of women with this problem popped up.. so - I guess we are not alone! Its a hormonal thing. I didn't have this when I was preggers with my son. Boo!

Derby Girl June 4th, 2012 09:27 AM

I am mexican and I have coarse thick fast growing hair from my bikini line and down. It sucks! I need to shave at least every other day in the summer in order to wear shorts. I have found that my inner/upper thighs get really horrible razor burn. I wish it was just a pregnancy thing, but for me it been a lifelong issue. Tend skin is great if you want to use it every day, which I never remember to. I am itching more since I got pregnant. Hopefully it all clears up for you!

Jennyt13 June 4th, 2012 09:57 AM

The itching is CRAZY! YIKES! Lotion goes on - and it still itches :( I'm hoping maybe my body is going through a change - and will get better.

I always get razor burn in my bikini area - I'm German, and I can be hairy as well - so, I feel your pain!

MommaHarvey June 4th, 2012 07:27 PM

My OB told me it's totally fine to use a depilatory cream like Nair while pregnant. I like to keep my nether regions clean and it gets hard to reach those areas. So this is what I had to do when PG with DS. I never got razor burn though so if you go this route you may want the sensitive skin stuff.

Ame C June 4th, 2012 07:49 PM

I am also battling with razor burn on my legs. I have always gotten it around my bikini area but never on my legs!! My leg hair seems to not be growing as fast since I got pregnant, but my arm pits are another totally different story :blush:

NewGurl June 4th, 2012 07:55 PM

not so much razor burn as incredible amounts of itching I think it has some thing to do with skin sensitivity. because Iv never had that problem im not allergic to anything before I would have to be attacked by fire ants to itch. Now every moment of every day I itch. its gotten so bad that apparently I do it in my sleep Ill wake up and have scratched my legs Until I started bleeding.