JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   GTKY-travel (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2537187-gtky-travel.html)

lovemylittlemiss June 9th, 2012 10:48 AM

GTKY-travel

What's the best vacation you've ever gone on? ? If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

Pictures are welcome :)

Spyctre June 9th, 2012 01:58 PM

Re: GTKY-travel

I can't say I have ever really cared for any vacation I have been on. Though my husband and I have been married for seven years, we've not taken a family vacation yet. Stuff done with my parents was stuff my dad liked. Stuff like fishing or ball games. I hate fishing, and I hate baseball. lol If we could afford to travel right now, we would go to Alaska to see whales or to this train ride thing that takes you to Germany, Italy, Spain, and France.

Blue-Jay June 9th, 2012 02:29 PM

^ Awesome train ride!!

DH and I honeymooned in Japan. That was awesome, but it stunk as a honeymoon, because it was more about Japan than about us as a couple, kwim?

The best vacation we ever went on was last year -- we went to Florida to visit one of DH's friends; we spent the days together going to the beach and chilling out, and we spent the evenings with DH's buddy. We spent a lot of time together and I felt sooo relaxed and connected with DH. That was the best vacation I've ever had!

RandE June 9th, 2012 08:42 PM

I went to Kentucky with SO for a few days to see the 2010 World Equestrian Games. It was amazing! I LOVE LOVE Kentucky. It's were I'm supposed to be. So It was just amazing! :)

If I could travel anywhere..... Australia. Hands down. Close second would be Italy or Germany.

MissusF June 9th, 2012 09:21 PM

My favorite vacation was our honeymoon in Punta Cana. We stayed at a resort so all we had to do was relax on the beach and drink all day. My kind of vacay!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8002/7...ab77b34b42.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8155/7...2d3df18eb8.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7243/7...001af61512.jpg

If I could go anywhere I would go to Egypt.

ASH_M June 10th, 2012 07:56 AM

I've traveled a lot in my short life so far (dad was an airline pilot so growing up we'd take two vacation a year). I'd say probably my favorite vacation so far was last year we went to Portland Oregon and drank all the micro-breweries and wineries we could! It was awesome! (Plus we got the coolest vacation souvenir ever - our baby Livy!). :)

Probably one of my favorite vacation spots for just relaxing and nature would be Kauai, Hawaii. Love it there!

If I could go anywhere in the world I would choose Greece.

katylady June 10th, 2012 09:50 AM

I love Cancun...we've been twice and I'm trying to save up money so we can go sometime soonish. LOL

I too would love to travel to Greece.

kellysensei June 10th, 2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue-Jay (Post 26144826)
^ Awesome train ride!!

DH and I honeymooned in Japan. That was awesome, but it stunk as a honeymoon, because it was more about Japan than about us as a couple, kwim?

We went to Japan for our honeymoon, too! I also lived there for 2+ years and those were two of the best years of my life - but that doesn't really count as a "vacation." One of my best vacations was a week in Sydney, Australia, in 2004. The food was great, the weather was great, the people were really nice, and I spent exactly what I had budgeted.

I've been to 14 countries and hope to make it to at least 25 in my life. Top on my priority list are probably Thailand, Croatia, and Turkey.

sarah_19_nz June 10th, 2012 04:26 PM

I have been on MANY fab holidays right here in New Zealand. Beach holidays are my favourite! I Lived in Aussie for 4 years and had some amazing holidays there too. On June 30th I'm off to Fiji with my parents, taking the girls so that should be an experience!

HPnerd June 12th, 2012 07:15 AM

I love going to London and Brighton. Only a few hours drive from where I live, and even less on the train. I road tripped around the United States a few years ago and did a lot of camping which was so much fun. I also loved Australia and NZ (where I stayed for a couple of months). Germany, France and Rome are favourites too.

marinewife0702 June 12th, 2012 03:11 PM

I dont have any pics here but my favorite place to travel is Key West, Florida. I love laying on the lip of the pool and soaking in the sun. There is sooo much to do there, from tours to boat excursions and shopping. The drag shows there are awesome too! lol. The sunset is the best in the world. It looks like the sun is melting into the ocean.

lovemylittlemiss June 13th, 2012 09:10 AM

I think my fav. vacation so far is to Marsa Alam, Egypt...right on the Red Sea. We went around Christmas so the weather was perfect. Very warm but not too warm like it is in the summer there. The only awkward thing was that I got stared at a lot by the men..that was kind of uncomfortable. Would love to go back to Egypt to see the pyramids.

On the top of my list are Australia, Japan, Dubai, Thailand, The Maldives or Seychelles. DH and I were actually planning a trip to Thailand for last Fall but then we thought better of it because we found out I was pregnant.

.:Kati:. June 17th, 2012 03:14 AM

I want to take a vacation to disney land with kyler and DF. Maybe when kyler is around 6ish.

ASoldiersLuckyCharm June 18th, 2012 07:25 PM

Best vacation I've been on 3 cruises when I was younger with m family. I'd say the best one was going to Jamaica and climbing a waterfall. I really would like to go to Ireland / Germany/ Italy. :-)