JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Back to the beginning... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2553983-back-to-beginning.html)

Leanne78 July 26th, 2012 12:36 PM

Back to the beginning...

So how did we all get here again? It's been so long since our original introductory threads. So just for fun, were you trying to conceive, not trying not preventing, or preventing/totally surprised?

We had been TTC for over a year. Akadia was 6 months when we started and for some reason, I kept losing my pregnancies around the 6-9 week mark. After 4 losses, I decided to take a break for a few months. We were actually not "trying" this time but I knew I was ovulating when we DTD because I could feel the cramping. I backed it up with an OPK the next day, so I knew to test in 2 weeks. Just sooooo glad to still be here! I was really nervous when this DDC first started up that I wouldn't get to stay.

MoonMom July 26th, 2012 12:44 PM

Re: Back to the beginning...

we were trying. For exactly 3 weeks!

melaniek85 July 26th, 2012 12:46 PM

DH and I had a whoopsie in Jan and I really thought I was pregnant then, I took a test (blue dye, ugh) and it was positive, a few days later AF showed. We both were actually really sad about this, we had gotten used to the idea of having a baby and were really excited to be parents. We had a talk and decided that we would try that next cycle, really try and if it didn't happen that first month of trying we were waiting till the next year. (Our wedding is going to be in May, we wanted at least six months between birth and wedding. ) Well, we got pregnant that first month of trying! I couldn't believe it, I heard on average it takes 6 months, I was prepared to get a negative and start trying again the next year. What a surprise! I'm so happy it worked out this way! (and a few months after our wedding we can start trying for #2!!!)

MomtoCarly&Sofia July 26th, 2012 12:49 PM

I stopped birth control in October. So I guess November and december was ntnp, which I was surprised when I didn't get pregnant because we got both girls first try with no protection. So in january(actually the very end of december)I started using opks/charting. It was the third cycle really trying that we conceived. Tested at 8dpo at night and got a faint line. 9dpo I got a positive digi.

rhill4455 July 26th, 2012 12:57 PM

I guess I would be categorized as preventing/totally surprised. Since I can't do most birth control I chart and temp to avoid. It had worked great for the past 2.5 years (ever since Connor was born). I lost 20 lbs and my cycle changed dramatically. I was ovulating once every 4 or 5 months. I ended up ovulating only on cycle day 26 instead of my usual CD73. The signs my body usually gives me as ovulation is approaching were MIA. My temp spiked only after one day of fertile CM. Only had a total of 2 days of fertile CM. Of course we DTD right before the fertile CM. I only had 3 more weeks until my appt to get Essure. I thought I would be good since I would usually only ovulate only every 4 or 5 months. I guess I was wrong! I took a test 9 days after ovulation and got a positive.

clm817 July 26th, 2012 01:03 PM

We were trying but only had to 'try' for one cycle. Stopped taking my mini pill I was still on at the end of the pack and bam 2 weeks later ovulated and caught the egg. Got a faint BFP at 10 dpo after a negative at 9 dpo. Got a pos digi at 11 dpo.

tryinfor5 July 26th, 2012 01:03 PM

We weren't trying but not preventing. I had actually told my DH the day I took the test that if it was positive we needed to start preventing. I didn't want to have anymore if they were going to be more than 2 yrs apart. (We have 3 kids total already with DHs 2 and then our 1). So, I was a little surprised when I had a positive. I had to take Clomid to get pregnant with DS. I'm so happy to be here though!!!

Irene.C July 26th, 2012 01:16 PM

We tried for 14 months very hard to conceive. I did everything charting, temping, OPK's, preseed, CM monitoring, checking my cervix. When we almost got to a year I was finally able to get tested and found out I have PCOS and high insulin. They put me on metformin but it still didnt work. Finally I was able to take clomid and got pregnant on first round of it. When I got the positive I was so happy for like 2 weeks I couldnt stop smiling. I am still loving it and cant wait to meet my baby boy.

NewGurl July 26th, 2012 01:26 PM

we didnt think it was possible as he had been told he couldnt have kids so we wernt trying to prevent. We didnt really want kids either we just didnt know anything needed to be done to keep us from haveing them. we had been dtd a little over 2 years when he started making fun of me for acting prego I took a test to prove him wrong the first one I thought was broken the second was a clear positive.

Hopolka July 26th, 2012 01:28 PM

My story isn't that interesting :P. I stopped taking the Nuvaring in Jan. and got my BFP March 11/12th. It didn't take long but the first month was a little stressful. I'd had some oral surgery done and we thought we'd had a chemical. I was much more conscious of healthy eating, drinking green tea, and taking my prenatals the following month. I certainly didn't expect it to happen that fast but it did and I couldn't feel more blessed. A little nervous but excited none-the-less. We got our faint pos at 9DPO and a pos digi at 11DPO. Told our families when we were about 2.5 months and now we've only got about 3-3.5 left! Ahhh!

white.house July 26th, 2012 01:37 PM

We were TTC after having a stillbirth. I was following my OB's advice, who I've trusted throughout the whole process, and she recommended I wait 3 months if I could (so my c-sections would be 2 yrs apart). We started trying right at the 3 month mark and got pregnant on the second cycle.

KatherineD July 26th, 2012 01:40 PM

Last year we started TTC #3. In September, I got a BFP and started miscarrying a few days later. That was my third loss and I was devastated and done. We were on the fence for a few months (initially I was done, but then I had a super vivid dream about giving birth to a baby boy and it freaked me out). In the beginning of February, we made the decision to be done and I was very at ease with the decision. We had one night where we forgot to pull, and 2 weeks later, here I was with a shocking BFP, lol!

duenove7 July 26th, 2012 01:45 PM

We tried for 8 months without charting or anything...just 'trying'. It was frustrating for me to try for so long. With my second I tried to see if I could have her right on her brother's birthday and I only missed it by 2 days!!

Pixie July 26th, 2012 01:59 PM

I guess we were not trying/not preventing. We had been preventing using condoms for almost a year. I was on BC before that after DS was born but went off of it. We were planning on paying off a couple debts and then actively trying later in the spring/early summer. On Valentine's Day, we DTD one time with no protection. DH joked that it was his Valentine's present to me because he knew I wanted to start trying then but had been saying he wasn't ready yet.

I didn't expect to get PG from it because it took a year to conceive DS and we finally had to use Metformin because I wasn't ovulating. But 2 weeks later I got a BFP and here we are! I am so happy that it was easy this time. :)

turtlefly July 26th, 2012 02:02 PM

ell we stopped using protection about 5 years ago and no baby, so i thought i couldn't have kids, so i got infertility testing done... blood work was fine, his sperm count was fine, i went for a x-ray of my uterus and tubes to see if they were the problem, they said that was fine. the x-ray was on valentines day, and it was the weekend of my hubby s birthday.. so.. umm yeah lol. two weeks later i see my doc she says its unexplained infertility and gave me pills to help with conceiving. also i haven gotten a period since Nov 2011, they didn't know why, so that's what prompted the testing. she also gave me pills to take to start my period, so i got a mock period in Feb, and i never got my period in march so i was like ok, this is the last pregnancy test im taking ( i ve been taking since nov, due to the lack of a period) i didn't pee on it enough so i dipped it in the toilet, and it came out bright positive!!! i ran back to the store and got more test, everyone positive.. so i go to the er to confirm, and i was 4 weeks pregnant. i found out that my left tube was blocked and that is why i havent gotten pregnant.. which they didn't tell me, so i got pregnant that week after they unblocked my tubes. so it was a big surprise!!!

*Ade* July 26th, 2012 02:14 PM

My husband was fine with the three we have, but I told him if like one more and he was fine with that, too. With my first two, we got pregnant right away. With our third, it took six months. So, knowing it could take a while, we started trying in September. When I say trying, I just mean trying to pay attention more to my cycles. No charting, temping, etc. we hadn't been preventing at all since Cullen was born, so it really could've happened at any time, but didn't. Anyway, I did tell him if I wasn't pregnant by the end of 2011 he could schedule a vasectomy. So, in January he went for a consultation and scheduled his vasectomy for the end of Feb. the week before his appt, I told him I wasn't ready to be done. So he cancelled his appt. I ovulated the day he was supposed to have his vasectomy. Soooo happy he was on board enough to cancel that appt:). So, it took us six months of trying, in a very light sense of the word.

Jannell July 26th, 2012 02:26 PM

We were NTNP for one month and TTC for two months. :) I feel so blessed it happened so quickly.

BabyLove23 July 26th, 2012 02:56 PM

We were trying, I figured it will take a while like it did with dd.
Boy was I wrong. One cycle off BC, and we got our BFP.

Country928 July 26th, 2012 03:28 PM

total surprise.

Belita July 26th, 2012 03:56 PM

We got married in October and decided to TTC pretty much as soon as I got all the paperwork changed. I went off the pill with my last pack at Thanksgiving. I got my first BFP in December, but miscarried at 5 weeks.

My OB wanted me to wait one cycle before TTC again. At the end of January we were allowed to TTC again. I think I had a very light chemical that month because I felt exactly how I did the first time I got pregnant, but didn't test positive.

In February we went to Florida for our mini-honeymoon during my school vacation. I expected to ovulate while we were down there, but ended up ovulating the day we got back.

I was seeing my OB for spotting issues, thinking that could be the reason for my loss. I didn't think I was pregnant because I'd had pretty bad AF cramps at 7DPO and was spotting, but at my OB appt at 10 DPO for blood work and to discuss next steps they did a urine test anyways and I could have sworn I saw a light positive even though they said it was negative. I was also surprised because my progesterone was very high at almost a 16 at 8DPO. I had an appointment in Boston and couldn't get rid of the nagging feeling that I thought I saw a second line. I tested when I got home at like 9pm and saw the second line. I screamed for my husband to come down (he'd gone to bed) and he saw it too!

We were so scared at first, and my doctor was very surprised to see me in the next week for my first prenatal appt when we'd just decided to do a uterine biopsy on me and prevent for a cycle!