JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   I think sharing a nursery will work just fine (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2554138-i-think-sharing-nursery-will-work-just-fine.html)

MommaHarvey July 26th, 2012 09:17 PM

I think sharing a nursery will work just fine

I've posted threads here before about the pros and cons of small children sharing a room. As in this new baby and DS who will be 23mo when baby gets here.

I now have no fears that this baby will keep DS up at night. We have been working on DS sleeping in his toddler bed for about a week now. He is doing great and sleeping thru the night in there. I can now say that I really do think he can sleep thru anything. About 30 min after he fell asleep tonight I heard a thump so I went to check on him. He had fallen out of his bed and was still sound asleep on the floor. I picked him up, put him back in bed, and he never even flinched. I called DH to tell him and kinda laugh about it, and I guess this is not the first time this has happened. DH said he has checked on him at least 2 other times and found him asleep on the floor. I think we just have a really sound sleeper.

meddleman July 26th, 2012 09:42 PM

Re: I think sharing a nursery will work just fine

Lol! That's great he's a sound sleeper!

My girls (4 and 2) just started sharing a room this week. The youngest thinks its a big slumber party and keeps the older one up! Luckily each night they "party" has been shorter and shorter. She sleeps in there fine at nap time by herself, it's just when her sister is in there that she wants to have fun!

newserenity July 27th, 2012 11:08 AM

LOL mine have done that several times. That's good he slept through it! A lot of toddlers are really deep sleepers.

Country928 July 27th, 2012 11:22 AM

Thats great hes a sound sleeper.

Nicole1481 July 27th, 2012 01:07 PM

LOL, Im glad everything in the room sharing will work out for you.

tinx July 28th, 2012 08:50 PM

Luck you! :D

BabyLove23 July 29th, 2012 09:32 AM

Lol!!!!! We are trying to get Izzy to stay in the toddler bed. She fell out of it last night and did not sleep through it. Instead she woke up the whole house crying.

I don't get it - how are they getting around the safety rails? It's like they wiggle towards the bottom of the bed and then decide to roll out.

Belita July 29th, 2012 11:06 AM

Awww, glad it'll work out!

That's a good question, Kim! :confused:

MommaHarvey July 29th, 2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyLove23 (Post 26332253)
Lol!!!!! We are trying to get Izzy to stay in the toddler bed. She fell out of it last night and did not sleep through it. Instead she woke up the whole house crying.

I don't get it - how are they getting around the safety rails? It's like they wiggle towards the bottom of the bed and then decide to roll out.

I know how Garry is falling out. Our bed only has safety rails about half the way down. Garry has always moved all around his crib. He is never in the same place when he wakes up as when he goes to sleep. Also since we haven't bought toddler sheets or a quilt yet he is still using his crib quilt, so nothing tucks into the bottom of the bed. Most nights Garry will actually fall asleep at the end of the bed with his arms hanging down and I have to move him when I leave the room. This is our 3rd week and I know Garry has fallen out at least 3 times and slept thru each time.

I know it will get better for Izzy. They can't keep falling out forever. But at least the beds are low to the ground and they can't get too hurt.