JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Is anyone else losing weight? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2554572-anyone-else-losing-weight.html)

jpjmom July 27th, 2012 10:03 PM

Is anyone else losing weight?

Ok so I am sure everything is fine. The doctor doesn't seem concerned at all but I am starting to get worried. I was 217lbs when I got pregnant. I dropped down to 209lbs then at my last visit I was up to 215lbs and now I am back at 210lbs. I know some people lose weight in the first trimester cause of morning sickness but I am 21 weeks. I don't have morning sickness anymore but the baby hates anything fried so I have been eating at work almost every day. I mean Olive Garden five days a week should do something right? Plus greek yogurt, regular yogurt, chicken salads with regular dressing, and fruit and juice. No caffinated sodas or coffee. I don't know what is going on but I don't look pregnant I look like a 210lb person with belly fat and continueing to drop weight can't be good for the baby can it? Does anyone have any ideas. LO moves just fine and kicks me till my stomach muscles are sore the heart rate is good and close to the same everytime I go in but I am kinda scared.

Megan30 July 27th, 2012 10:13 PM

Re: Is anyone else losing weight?

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. If you're like me, a little extra fluff around the belly usually means you don't have to gain as much weight. The baby is going to grow in leaps and bounds the next few weeks/months and I'm sure you'll notice the scale go up a bit! Hang in there!

jpjmom July 27th, 2012 10:19 PM

Thanks I don't want to gain to much wait. If I wasn't preggers I would be excited.

Blcooper32 July 28th, 2012 09:13 AM

I'm not gaining at all. I went down 11lbs and haven't moved the scale in 9weeks. I'm sure everything is great. I'm high risk since its twins so I get growth scans all the time and both babies are growing great even a little ahead some weeks. Babies have a way of getting what they need from what your body has stored over time. Just look at it as an easy diet that ends with a beautiful baby...:) as long as the dr isn't worried just keep eating healthy and enjoy being pregnant :)

jacesmomma July 28th, 2012 09:16 AM

I started out at 225 and I've been that or 219 at every appointment. So don't feel bad, I'm not changing either!! We just dont have to gain weight!!

May14th2011 July 28th, 2012 09:38 AM

I started at 140(ish) and I'm down to 131. My midwife says she won't be concerned unless I keep losing past 20 weeks.

jpjmom July 28th, 2012 09:46 AM

I know that when you have extra weight you don't have to gain as much but it just seems backwards. Thank you. The doctor told me the same thing. I think I just need to hide my bathroom scale for awhile.

Crystallee July 28th, 2012 11:48 AM

I am also down 10lbs still and not really going anywhere. Nobody seems worried.

rlh27 July 28th, 2012 12:06 PM

I've finally stopped losing and am just maintaining now. I just wanted to mention that water weight can have you way up one day and way down the next. At least for me, the heat causes me to retain a lot and just one high sodium meal will throw me over the edge.

LJH814 July 28th, 2012 01:28 PM

I'm in the same boat, but I think I've finally evened out. I was continuously losing, but going in for my monthly next week, so I think I may be up a few pounds (feeling a bit tighter in the pants these last few weeks, etc.). My last appt. was the first I had gained, and it was only 1 lb. I'm still technically down 5 lbs. from before I was pregnant, but I definitely was not super skinny to start.

Dhartanya July 28th, 2012 01:53 PM

I lost a bit in the beginning but am slowly gaining a lb here and there.

I wouldnt be concerned about losing a bit of weight. Depending on your new eating habits (thanks to your LOs aversions LOL) your body could simply be just dropping excess fat.
As long as baby is growing, I wouldnt worry about it too much.
How many grains/carbs are you eating roughly in a day? If you've reduced either, that could also be why your losing (excess fat).

jpjmom July 28th, 2012 07:09 PM

I have been stressing out a lot lately so I don't think that is helping any but the other day at work I popped the button on my pants. Even though I am down in weight my belly is growing at least where the baby is.

Miss Kelly July 29th, 2012 03:18 PM

I have had horrible MS from week six and am down a ton of weight. I started pre pregnancy around 130 and was in the 110's for the first time since junior high till last week. My Dr was never concerned about the LO, compared her to a parasite. It gets dangerous for us because of the lack of nutrition, but baby pulls what it needs from our free for all buffet :) don't worry, it seems backwards but all is well.