JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   An idea for a sub forum :) :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2554714-idea-for-sub-forum.html)

Dhartanya July 28th, 2012 02:09 PM

An idea for a sub forum :) :)

Could we have a recipe exchange sub forum?

I love cooking and baking... and am always up for finding new and tastey recipes!

We could have cooking challenges too!!!

crystalcherry July 28th, 2012 02:49 PM

Re: An idea for a sub forum :) :)

Sounds good to me. I feel like I am always cooking the same things each week. I does not help that I have very picky kids that would rather eat nuggets, speghetti o's and pb&j sandwiches than a real meal. Just about every night I end up cooking something for the older 2 then a seperate meal for DH, Elijah and me. We have tried the "eat whats on your plate or go hungry" approach but it does not work because they are fine with not eating. I tried really hard sticking to my guns and DS2 had chose to skip dinner, breakfast and lunch the next day and was willing to miss dinner again before I finally had to break down and feed the kid something he would eat.

rlh27 July 28th, 2012 03:03 PM

I like that idea except that I think we already have a ton of subforums. We have 7, which is a bit overwhelming, at least for me.

Crystallee July 28th, 2012 03:13 PM

I agree that we are getting a LOT of subforums and still have to have one more added at the end probably for birth stories. Just seems like a lot.

crystalcherry July 28th, 2012 03:22 PM

Why can't we combine the pic forums. It's strange having them seperated out considering that the only pics of our LO's as of now are u/s pics which could easily go with belly pics and the journals could easily go into that catageory too.

Dhartanya July 28th, 2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystalcherry (Post 26330342)
Why can't we combine the pic forums. It's strange having them seperated out considering that the only pics of our LO's as of now are u/s pics which could easily go with belly pics and the journals could easily go into that catageory too.

I agree, perhaps we can combine then.

I was thinking of a seperate sub forum, so we dont get too disorganzed if we get into recipe sharing, etc.

Crystallee July 28th, 2012 03:32 PM

I would think it would be really disorganized and hard to see updates and keep track of with journals, bellys, and ultrasounds all in one, even with bellys and ultrasounds it'd be kind of weird. I dunno. Wonder if there is a subforum limit like a sticky limit.

Dhartanya July 28th, 2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystallee (Post 26330356)
I would think it would be really disorganized and hard to see updates and keep track of with journals, bellys, and ultrasounds all in one, even with bellys and ultrasounds it'd be kind of weird. I dunno. Wonder if there is a subforum limit like a sticky limit.

I could see where it could get a little cluttered combining them all in one.

jpjmom July 28th, 2012 08:10 PM

That is a good idea I have been trying to learn how to really cook and I just am running out of ideas.

crystalcherry July 28th, 2012 08:35 PM

Really it would not be that difficult if people would just limit themselves to one thread. That is how it has always been with every other DDC I have been in. It would actually make more sense because if you wanted to check out person A's pics it would be in one place.

Dhartanya July 28th, 2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpjmom (Post 26330999)
That is a good idea I have been trying to learn how to really cook and I just am running out of ideas.

I love sharing recipes!

If we can't get a sub forum, we'll manage to find a way to exchange our yummy meals!

Cassie.S July 29th, 2012 06:47 AM

Oh I think this is a good idea, but I also agree that we already have a ton of subforums. I'm fine with whatever the majority would like, though.

Christina(mommyof2) July 29th, 2012 07:45 AM

a sticky maybe

BeckyBozeman July 29th, 2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christina(mommyof2) (Post 26331806)
a sticky maybe

Or even a link in our "important threads" sticky that we already have. As long as it's easy to find it should work.

I would love to have something like this. I think it's really fun to find and try new recipes...

Miss Kelly July 29th, 2012 03:04 PM

I think it's a great idea!!

Dhartanya July 29th, 2012 04:02 PM

Maybe we should have a poll?

Miss Kelly July 29th, 2012 04:57 PM

I vote YES :) its always nice to have new recipes!!