JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Joining Team...(EDITED TO ADD U/S PHOTOS!) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2555118-joining-team-edited-to-add-u-s-photos.html)

MarlowesMum July 30th, 2012 05:33 AM

Joining Team...(EDITED TO ADD U/S PHOTOS!)

PINK!!!

Yes, our numbers are overwhelming. Marlowe will be expecting a little sister in December!

I'm thrilled beyond belief. I was kind of secretly hoping it would go down this way; I've got a sister, and I know how special that bond is. Plus, the thought of having another sweet little girl is just so precious to me.

In technical news, the u/s went well, with Baby Girl cooperating very early on in all of the necessary photos except for a good profile shot (we got one that works, but it's not great), and the spine shot. The tech was very clear that she was able to visualize the spine and that it looked great, but that the docs liked the photo in a very particular way and she wasn't able to get that shot due to baby's position. She thought they would likely want to schedule another ultrasound so that they could get that particular shot on a different day since baby was not cooperating. (She kept rolling away from the wand.)

For what it's worth, I had a bunch of extra (unnecessary) u/s last time around due to "measuring small" (DD came out at 7 lbs, 12 oz...DH asked if we could have some of our money back), so I'm not thrilled about having to again pay out a bunch of money for ultrasounds (our insurance pays for very little) if everything is looking great. But...I suppose one more peek wouldn't hurt. ;)

All in all, a GREAT appointment.

Edited on 7/31/12 to add u/s photos:

Here's the gender: Yup..no question there. Definitely NOT a penis. And geez o pete's what a cute little tushie.http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...b2021b8901.jpg
And Baby Girl's beautiful little profile: http://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...07b3af26d7.jpg

daffneyc July 30th, 2012 05:38 AM

Re: Joining Team...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Punky.Brew July 30th, 2012 05:55 AM

Wonderful!!! Congrats!!

Hopefully you'll only need one more look, if any, so you don't have a lot of payout.

Cassie.S July 30th, 2012 06:03 AM

Yay, congrats on another little girl!!! :cheer:

anna.rose July 30th, 2012 06:33 AM

Woo hoo! Congrats! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

rlh27 July 30th, 2012 06:40 AM

WHOO HOO!!!! :cheer: Marlowe is going to be such an awesome big sister.

gardenbelle July 30th, 2012 07:43 AM

Yay, so exciting, congratulations!! Sorry to hear about the extra ultrasound, we pay an arm and a leg for ours as well so I feel you.

mlc52811 July 30th, 2012 07:48 AM

ahhh! so exciting! congratulations!

Shades of Grey July 30th, 2012 07:57 AM

Congrats!!!! :D

Megan30 July 30th, 2012 08:51 AM

Congratulations!!:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

jacesmomma July 30th, 2012 09:39 AM

Woohooo for Team Pink!

burnbot July 30th, 2012 09:47 AM

Woo-Hoo! So happy to hear about your wonderful baby GIRL! I get what you mean about paying for the u/s. We have been paying too and boy it's expensive!

BeckyBozeman July 30th, 2012 10:40 AM

Oh yay!! Congrats Maggie!

MarlowesMum July 30th, 2012 10:43 AM

Thanks ladies - I really AM very excited...I even bought my first new little girl outfit.
And yes...I see the irony in complaining about ultrasound cost, but then going out and buying a new outfit for a little girl who already has TUBS of clothing waiting for her...but I just couldn't help myself. It's darling and I love little girl clothing. ;)

bug, boo, n boogers mom July 30th, 2012 11:06 AM

Yay!!! Congrats on your little girl!

** Tay ** July 30th, 2012 02:48 PM

Yay!!!!!!! I'm out of town and I came looking for this post!!!
I totally understand what ou mean about the sister thing.. I have two sisters- one being the same age as DD and this LO will be apart... And I would have loved Ty to have had that :) oh well, she will be close to her brother too.... But yay for you!!!!!!!! And yay for Marlowe!!!!!!!

Wishinfor2ndblessing July 30th, 2012 03:05 PM

Congrats :cheer: :cheer:

KarenHaley July 30th, 2012 03:48 PM

Yay for a little sister!

jpjmom July 30th, 2012 04:11 PM

I am so hoping for a little girl Congrats.

rachelmama July 30th, 2012 07:09 PM

Congrats!