JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Oh Sciatcia started (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2555466-oh-sciatcia-started.html)

taatie10 July 30th, 2012 06:55 PM

Oh Sciatcia started

Over the weekend and now today on and off having this horrible pain in my lower back, hip and down my thigh into my knee on my left side. Nothing on my right side though.
I didnt know what it was at first but it donned on me this afternoon.

Oh crap its painful to sit at my desk. My heating pad seems to help but gotta go find one of those cordless heating pads to sit with at my desk..

Any other solutions you've found to help with the pain.

BeckyBozeman July 30th, 2012 07:07 PM

Re: Oh Sciatcia started

Stretching.

If you're sitting on your chair, put your left ankle up on your right knee and let your left knee fall as far down as it will go. You should feel lots of stretching in your hip. I try and do that several times a day and it seems to help.

Also, massage and chiropractic work seem to help me.

lilemma86 July 30th, 2012 07:08 PM

Chiropractor and stretching

taatie10 July 30th, 2012 07:09 PM

I'm calling to get the massage appointment set up.
Was planning that even before this started.

gardenbelle July 30th, 2012 07:18 PM

I'm so sorry to hear! Sciatica is awful. I had a sciatica attack a month or two ago and it thankfully went away in a few days. I really took it easy and iced/heated it. With Penny's pregnancy, I had it for a few weeks and finally went to my acupuncturist who got rid of it for me. I hope yours goes away soon and I'll be eying this thread for suggestions because I'm sure I'll have another episode at some point in this pregnancy.

helona July 30th, 2012 07:31 PM

I have made an appt. with an acupuncturist this week. It will be my first time trying that, so I can't say it works wonders -- but I've heard really great things! It certainly can't make things any worse at the moment.

Other than that, massage and stretching have provided some short term relief.

I really hope something works for you, it is miserable!

crystalcherry July 30th, 2012 08:23 PM

Going to see the Chiropracter is about all that does me any good. I have been having crazy muscle spasms from the Fibro so its time for me to go back.

Momma_Mia July 30th, 2012 09:30 PM

oh girl i have had some serious sciatica pain lately...Dr said stretching and massage is really the best thing for it. I am hoping this is not an indicator that this LO is going to be a real pain in my butt...even in utero ;)

Twist July 31st, 2012 12:04 AM

oy! i feel your pain! i had it from the day i implanted severely up until last week (week 17 for me) it put me in the ER a few times that's how bad it got.

My suggestion if it's available in your area and at a good time for you is prenatal yoga. That is what I was doing last week that helped me stretch my back out nicely. It was also very relaxing and helped me sleep better that night since DH was in the field.

Cassie.S July 31st, 2012 07:15 AM

I hope the massage helps relieve your pain!