JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   sleeping (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2555662-sleeping.html)

Christina(mommyof2) July 31st, 2012 08:35 AM

sleeping

How is your sleeping?

caajje6 July 31st, 2012 08:44 AM

Re: sleeping

I have been sleeping good. I fall asleep around 8:30-9 (except the last few nights with the Olympics on) and I wake up around 4:30 to get ready for my morning run. I usually don't need the alarm, because either I have to pee then or my belly growling wakes me up.

Wishinfor2ndblessing July 31st, 2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caajje6 (Post 26340605)
I have been sleeping good. I fall asleep around 8:30-9 (except the last few nights with the Olympics on) and I wake up around 4:30 to get ready for my morning run. I usually don't need the alarm, because either I have to pee then or my belly growling wakes me up.

I'm Jealous!!

I wake up every 60-90 minutes to freakin pee.... WTH!!!! I have tried limiting my fluid intake at night... nothing seems to make a difference.... I am sooo freakin tired!!!!!

gardenbelle July 31st, 2012 09:42 AM

I slept through the night last night, but that is very rare these days. If it's not one of my children waking me up, it's getting up to pee.
Hey, Christina - are we not doing the mom of the week anymore?

rlh27 July 31st, 2012 09:46 AM

Well, the quality of my sleep is great... I just can't manage to STAY asleep. If it's not my bladder, then it's a charlie horse that wakes me up (I've tried all the tricks, nothing keeps them away), if it's not that, it's a crazy dream that wakes me up. And once I'm up it takes me forever to fall back asleep.

Crystalici0us4 July 31st, 2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishinfor2ndblessing (Post 26340804)
I'm Jealous!!

I wake up every 60-90 minutes to freakin pee.... WTH!!!! I have tried limiting my fluid intake at night... nothing seems to make a difference.... I am sooo freakin tired!!!!!

Same here! Before I actually lay down to go to sleep, I pee first. Then I lay down. Before I even fall asleep I'm literally up 4-5 times to pee again. Then I finally fall asleep, and about 2 hours later I'm awake again to pee. I also try not to drink anything for a couple of hours before I go to bed, but sometimes I haVe to because I get SO thirsty. And in the morning hours, I wake up cuz I have to pee but then I'm thirsty too, so I drink a little bit of water, but then I'm up again to pee. But there's been a few times where I wasn't that thirsty so I had nothing to drink for like 3 hours before bed, I was still up every 2 hours, and I also didn't drink anything during my trip to the bathroom, but it made NO difference. I was still waking up every couple of hours to pee. I just think about how much more often this will be happening when the baby gets really big

Wishinfor2ndblessing July 31st, 2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystizzle4 (Post 26341002)
Same here! Before I actually lay down to go to sleep, I pee first. Then I lay down. Before I even fall asleep I'm literally up 4-5 times to pee again. Then I finally fall asleep, and about 2 hours later I'm awake again to pee. I also try not to drink anything for a couple of hours before I go to bed, but sometimes I haVe to because I get SO thirsty. And in the morning hours, I wake up cuz I have to pee but then I'm thirsty too, so I drink a little bit of water, but then I'm up again to pee. But there's been a few times where I wasn't that thirsty so I had nothing to drink for like 3 hours before bed, I was still up every 2 hours, and I also didn't drink anything during my trip to the bathroom, but it made NO difference. I was still waking up every couple of hours to pee. I just think about how much more often this will be happening when the baby gets really big

I have NO idea why or how we have to pee so much.... and its not a little... i like really have to freakin pee..... How is it possible to pee that much when you barely had anything to drink... UGH :D

rlh27 July 31st, 2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishinfor2ndblessing (Post 26341031)
I have NO idea why or how we have to pee so much.... and its not a little... i like really have to freakin pee..... How is it possible to pee that much when you barely had anything to drink... UGH :D

I've wondered the same thing! I'll have two sips of something before bed, and yet, from the amount that comes out in my middle of the night potty trips you'd think I drank a whole gallon. How does that work?

Cassie.S July 31st, 2012 10:27 AM

Overall not bad at all. I have a few nights that I wake up just because I can't stay comfy or my hips going numb, but I usually can fall right back asleep if I adjust. I actually don't have to wake up for bathroom trips too often. Sometimes it'll wake me up an hour or so before I have to get up anyway, but I actually kind of ignore it and fall back asleep. I'm sure that won't last much longer though as Sophia gets bigger.

Dhartanya July 31st, 2012 12:25 PM

My sleeping sucks (then again, it always has sucked LOL).
Last night for example, I just couldnt fall asleep. Didnt matter what I did or didnt do, sleep would not come.

On a good night, I wake up to pee 2 to 3 times, but still manage to get a couple decent hours of sleep. Usually my best time to sleep is in the morning. From 5 to 8 ish.

Christina(mommyof2) July 31st, 2012 01:39 PM

sorry! I know I am a week behind.. Im starting it again on Sunday.. Just started a new store Monday at 7am..I was beat

MEG282 July 31st, 2012 04:42 PM

Sleeping has been a challenge from the start for me, even before I found out I was pregnant I started waking up for 2-3hrs a night not being able to sleep. I pee 1-2 times a night but I am sure it will be more once the baby gets bigger. My newest sleep deprevation ailment has been shooting pains going down my hip to my knee depending on what side I am sleeping on. Constantly flipping from side to side being unable to get comfortable! UGH! Thank goodness work has been so understanding of my mood swings lol!

jpjmom July 31st, 2012 09:37 PM

I have bee sleeping really weird not a lot at night and a lot of little naps.

daffneyc July 31st, 2012 09:39 PM

My sleeping is so erratic and all over the place because of my schedule. I've never been a good sleeper though. It's definently getting harder to get comfortable though. And I can't really sleep on my stomach anymore which sucks because that's where I usually do sleep best.

ImperfectMommy August 1st, 2012 05:40 AM

I've been having trouble getting comfortable lately. Sleeping on my back is no longer comfy, so that's out... Then I finally do fall asleep, but wake up to pee!

I just ordered one of those pregnancy pillows (the snoogle I think) and it should be here later this week. I can't wait!

Tammyms August 1st, 2012 08:15 PM

Sleep? What's that? I'm averaging about 4 hours a night, 5 on a great night :lol:

Gripstress August 1st, 2012 11:05 PM

Not sleeping too well here either. I also get up to pee 4-5 times before I even fall asleep. Then I wake up 1 time and wake early for 2nd time...typically. I went camping last weekend and was worried about the peeing thing. SO weird but I did not have to get up to pee either night and even waited a couple hours one day to pee...just didn't have to. I came home and had gained 5 lbs! I weighed myself Monday, down 3, today, down 2 more. My leg was super swollen but geez....what did I do, pee down my leg?! Sleeping sucks....or lack thereof.