JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   I'm so weird! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2557245-im-so-weird.html)

clm817 August 3rd, 2012 11:51 AM

I'm so weird!

I'm actually looking forward to being in the hospital for one reason ...the FOOD! It's fantastic at my hospital and they give you so much and of course you don't have to cook or clean up afterwards. :p

Pixie August 3rd, 2012 11:55 AM

Re: I'm so weird!

I'm weird too in that I also kind of enjoy the hospital visit. Not necessarily because of the food, although it isn't bad, but I like the time away and the rest before the sleepless nights that are coming.

white.house August 3rd, 2012 11:56 AM

I'm right there with you girls :lol: I thought I was the only one!

KatherineD August 3rd, 2012 11:58 AM

lol, you guys are lucky!! Our hospital's food is disgusting. I remember it tasted like it had been rolled around in dirt. I begged DH to bring me something after I had E, lol!

Almondeyes August 3rd, 2012 12:00 PM

I agree also, they redid the kitchen menu and l&d and it is great. The only pain for me is, when I'm thirsty. They would bring you these small cups, it did nothing for me so, I brought my own water which was great and a favorite snack. Always love no clean up.

LiamsMother August 3rd, 2012 12:03 PM

I love how they fuss over you at the hospital. And you can get decent rest at night, only have to barely wake up for feedings every 3 hours. I like it too.

clm817 August 3rd, 2012 12:04 PM

Our hospital has a chef that makes the recipes and stuff. You get a menu and can pick what you want breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. And then they do a fancy dinner for you and your DH/so on the last night you are there where they set a table with a tablecloth, nice dishes, and sparkling white grape juice in champagne flutes. My mouth waters just thinking about it.

sandpaper06 August 3rd, 2012 12:54 PM

Add me to the weird club. I love the hospital food. Especially the desserts

duenove7 August 3rd, 2012 01:18 PM

I am too! My hospital is right on the Mississippi and has floor to ceiling frosted windows. The night of my daughters birth it was storming and lightning and we rocked and rocked. It will always be one of my favorite memories :)

KatherineD August 3rd, 2012 01:21 PM

Must be nice that you guys can rest!! Even though we room in, they were always in and out. I'm one that can't WAIT to get home where I can actually rest. My MIL usually comes and takes much better care of me :lol:

BabyLove23 August 3rd, 2012 01:25 PM

I don't remember the hospital food, I remember asking DH to bring in food because I wanted stuff the hospital didn't have. (tuna and coldcuts mostly, lol)

I did love the downtime. No cleaning, no working, looking forward to it again!

clm817 August 3rd, 2012 02:00 PM

I guess that's why mine spoil you with food, its to make up for lack of sleep!! Baby is with you at almost all times, except for checks or when you shower and even then they only keep them for 30min tops. Plus nurses are coming in to check you like every 2hrs even at night. Grrr...

Mommyx12 August 3rd, 2012 05:08 PM

Well, our hospital food isn't great. I have been to some that had really good food though. And the last hospital I was at had good food and gave you a nice dinner your last night. You could pick steak or something else. I don't think our hospital does that, at least not that I've seen so far. I am usually ready to go home as soon as possible. One good thing is all the rooms have mini refridgerators and we'll put some juice and some drinks in there so they can have some cold in the room and family can bring stuff to put in too.

Charise August 3rd, 2012 05:20 PM

My last 2 babies were basically born in a mother's paradise! Good food, great people, free massages (?!), just all-around great!

Cocoa Sashimi August 4th, 2012 12:37 PM

Whew! I feel less like a weirdo now. :lol: When I was on hospitalized bed rest with my son, I LOVED the food. After ten days there, a second "secret" menu opens up in addition to the regular menu. The food was really good.

~l~ August 5th, 2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatherineD (Post 26358370)
Must be nice that you guys can rest!! Even though we room in, they were always in and out. I'm one that can't WAIT to get home where I can actually rest. My MIL usually comes and takes much better care of me :lol:

Exact same for me! I am so hoping that I won't be GBS+ so I can leave after a day.
I am usually sooooo hungry that I scarf down the food no matter how gross it is.