JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   opinions please (yet another sleeping arrangments post (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2558034-opinions-please-yet-another-sleeping-arrangments-post.html)

NewGurl August 6th, 2012 08:34 AM

opinions please (yet another sleeping arrangments post

So If you cant tell by now I'm a terrible shopper especially when it comes to things I'm not familer with however I think Iv finally narrowed down to 2 options each im just not sure which to go with.

For sleeping

I was originally going to get one of this for the first few months
Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Deluxe Rock n' Play Lightweight Plush Sleeper, Snugabunny: Baby

Pros- I absolutely loved the Idea of the snugabunny iv heard great things about it plus its affordable and adorable.

Cons- boyfriend is concerned the cats may lay in it and crowed baby when we sleep.

Im now considering this instead
GRACOBABY - Pack 'n Play® Playard with Newborn Napper® Station

Pros- for about the same it would cost to buy individually I get storage, a napper, a changer, and a lullaby box for starting out. plus a play yard and drop in infant sleeper for later.

Cons- lots of attachments seem like lots of possibilitys for a malfunction to me.

rhill4455 August 6th, 2012 09:07 AM

Re: opinions please (yet another sleeping arrangments post

We are actually planning on getting that pack N play that you posted the link to. Its on our registry. We have always had baby sleep in a pack N play for the first couple months. Our old pack N play we took and left and DH's parents house so that its there when we visit. That way my mom's house has one and DH's parents house have one. Now when we go home to visit we won't have to bring one!

Belita August 6th, 2012 09:07 AM

For your money I'd go with the pack n play because, like you said, you can use it for so much more and longer.

As for the cats, we're going to start closing our cats out so as not to worry about that. They could get into a pack n play, too, if they wanted.

Cocoa Sashimi August 6th, 2012 10:22 AM

Robin and Robyn nailed it. You get much more versatility with the Pack n Play, and it will be useful for much longer.

BlndGrl8 August 6th, 2012 01:13 PM

I'd get the pack-n- play because you will get so much use out of it!! Once baby outgrows the newborn napper, you can use the bottom part of the pack-n-play for traveling, or to put baby in while you are cleaning or something. Def get that one :)

newserenity August 6th, 2012 02:55 PM

How about this? It's about $70 cheaper and you still get the benefits of the more expensive pack-n-play. Baby will only use the napper portion for a couple months anyway.

Amazon.com: Graco Pack 'N Play Playard with Reversible Napper and Changer, Roman: Baby

NewGurl August 6th, 2012 03:35 PM

I was actually looking at that one to start with but the drop in shelves on the other one is really the main reason i actually decided to consider a pack n play over the rocker. with where im at right now i think the extra storage would be really useful.

Leanne78 August 6th, 2012 03:41 PM

I might have to grab that one Michelle.

Country928 August 6th, 2012 03:48 PM

Pack in Play def. You can use it for so much longer.

turtlefly August 6th, 2012 04:01 PM

the pack n play, thats what im getting, not the same one tho

~Tanya~ August 6th, 2012 05:20 PM

I agree with the other ladies... The pack n play is probably the better option, but like Robyn mentioned the cats can still get in there too, so you will probably have to keep them out of the room.

Lucybug99 August 6th, 2012 05:29 PM

I too am kind of torn between the two styles. I did buy the sleeper.

As another posted there is the reversible napper/changer option which I saw in person. To me that was nothing to compare to the separate napper and sleeper individually. The individual napper was plush and to me the reversible one was hard and plastic feeling (not the exact one you posted on the separate).

Two weeks ago Target had the separate one online marked down to $120 and I hesitated before ordering and it sold out. Oddly right after their Black Friday in July sale was over it was back for the full $160+ which made me wonder if the % off wasn't supposed to apply to sale so they marked it out of stock?

I guess my point being, if you are watching the budget and not set on that print there may be an option for a sale (which is what I am hoping for in a neutral).