JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Miles to Go Before I Sleep (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2558462-miles-to-go-before-i-sleep.html)

Spyctre August 7th, 2012 09:28 AM

Miles to Go Before I Sleep

So much going on here! My baby brother is back in jail for yet another DUI. He's an alcoholic, just can't not drink. So we are having to move him. I've been cleaning a bachelor pad since Friday. I got to scrub bathrooms. Yuckity.

He had a sweet deal. Free rent, no utilities, right next door to his $9 hour job. My aunt made it possible. But after she was raised by an alcoholic, she has no tollerance for it from anyone. So now we have a bunch of work ahead.

He was given some paintings, and he said I could keep one. Sweet of him, pretty painting. My aunt bought him a truck, and now she wants me to take it. I feel weird about that. Def need some sleep. My kids are absolutely filled with energy, though!

Girl IS my name August 7th, 2012 12:27 PM

Re: Miles to Go Before I Sleep

I'm sorry, Arwen. That sounds like a lot of work. I have a friend moving in with me for the semester and I gotta get her room cleaned up before she gets here. There are literally baby clothes EVERYWHERE!!! OOPS! I hope it gets easier for you soon!

Blue-Jay August 7th, 2012 01:48 PM

Geez, Arwen, I'm really sorry. We have a lot of alcoholics in our family, and I know how hard it is when you love someone who can't stop hurting himself. :( I hope you get a break soon! Hugs to you, lady!

lovemylittlemiss August 7th, 2012 01:50 PM

That sounds stressful! I hope your brother is able to overcome his addiction soon.

Spyctre August 7th, 2012 11:30 PM

I wish he could overcome the addiction as well! =) I'm not angry. I know he isn't trying to hurt anyone. He told me that he didn't know what was wrong with himself. He woke up thinking about drinking, he thought about it all day, went to bed thinking about it. I told him it sounded like he was an alcoholic.

It is his fault that he drank so much that he became an alcoholic, but now everything is just part of the addiction. I am proud to say he's clean, though. He is also an addict, and he's been clean for about 6 years. Just need to get him some sobriety. He wants to go to rehab--FINALLY. We tried to get him to go for so long. I hope the judge lets him, but his parole officer told us 3 years today.

Sounds stiff, getting 3 years for a DUI, but I can understand that, too. Ironic thing is Dell(my lil bro) was named after my dad's best friend who was killed by a drunk driver. And here is my brother, the drunk. He's such an Otis, though. I feel like he should sleep it off and let himself out tomorrow. lol

He'll survive. It'll suck for him, and I'm afraid this probably means I'll get pregnant again. I always seem to give birth when he's serving jail time!