JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Must have buy for me!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2560375-must-have-buy-for-me.html)

Leanne78 August 12th, 2012 07:16 AM

Must have buy for me!!!

I didn't even know they made these! This is technically a diaper sprayer, but they say it is gentle enough to use as a personal sprayer too after delivery. I am definitely getting one of these. No more squirt bottles! You ladies who have been there done that, know what I am talking about. Keeping everything clean "down there" is essential for the first few weeks after birth especially if you end up with any stitches like I did. Plus I'm planning on Cloth diapering, so this will be perfect for both uses.

bumGenius Diaper Sprayer - Diaper Accessories - Cotton Babies Cloth Diaper Store

Belita August 12th, 2012 07:19 AM

I saw those and wasn't sure when to order it. I was thinking of when Sean is older since they say you don't need it for BF babies until they start solids. Didn't even thing about after delivery! I may rethink that plan now!

Leanne78 August 12th, 2012 07:22 AM

Re: Must have buy for me!!!

Yeah, I was looking at it originally for the diaper sprayer option and wasn't sure I really needed it, but then I read in the description that the spray is adjustable and that you can use it post delivery. I would have killed for something like that after my my first delivery!

*Izzy's*Mommy* August 12th, 2012 08:46 AM

That's a smart idea! I actually only had a couple of stitches, so I rarely used the squirt bottle. I just sat in the bath sometimes..even though it would sting. *Shudder*

Maybe I should get one too...hmmmm

Think4Yourself August 12th, 2012 10:19 AM

My dh made me a diaper sprayer for like 20 bucks.. just sits next to the toilet and it works great. The water pressure is way too strong for anything else though, but that just depends on water pressure and the type of sprayer and everything I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belita (Post 26391687)
I saw those and wasn't sure when to order it. I was thinking of when Sean is older since they say you don't need it for BF babies until they start solids. Didn't even thing about after delivery! I may rethink that plan now!

Nope you don't have to spray, rinse, dunk.. nada until solids are started (w/ BF babies, not sure about FF). Just throw em in the wetbag, then throw em straight into the wash and good to go. I definitely needed the sprayer for big boy poops though lol

KatherineD August 12th, 2012 12:24 PM

My only thought with that is that it would be cold water! I preferred warm water with my peri bottle.

My DH also made a diaper sprayer. It was super easy for him to do! FWIW, I never dunked, lol.

Leanne78 August 12th, 2012 01:53 PM

That is a good point about the cold water. I didn't think about that.

3kids3cats August 12th, 2012 01:59 PM

If only there were a way to get warm water in there!

sandpaper06 August 12th, 2012 02:09 PM

If you remember, my hospital used to have something very similar to that, and the temp was adjustable. i'm still bummed they got rid of them.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to spray cold on me, the bottle will do well enough for that.

Leanne78 August 12th, 2012 06:51 PM

Just out of curiosity, do bedettes shoot up warm water?

KatherineD August 13th, 2012 04:44 AM

Amber, some do, some don't. I know if I ever had a bidet, I would sure as heck have one with temp control :lol:

Leanne78 August 13th, 2012 05:06 AM

I need to get my DH working on that! ;) Maybe he can tap this thing into our hot water line instead. I haven't bought anything yet, so still lots of time to research.