JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   He's ADVANCED!! (6 month appointment) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2561714-hes-advanced-6-month-appointment.html)

QueenBee_2012 August 15th, 2012 07:25 AM

He's ADVANCED!! (6 month appointment)

Just got back from Laz's 6 month appointment. Because he's still 5 months I almost thought he wasn't going to be seen but it worked out! ;)

So he is now 17.5 lbs, and 28 inches long. The doc was impressed by his strength and amazed by his standing and balance. She must have been so impressed that she mentioned it to the nurse who gave the shot's because the first thing she said when she came is was. "So I hear he's advanced. Standing is that right?". LOL! So yeah, she did say that he is indeed advanced and that he's perfect!

He did soooo well with his shots. Only cried for a couple of seconds. And I feel awful that I didn't give him tylenol before hand =(.

Spyctre August 15th, 2012 07:43 AM

Re: He's ADVANCED!! (6 month appointment)

We could have told you he was doing things early. lol

I forgot to do Tylenol for Winter's last batch of shots. I got hers a little late, closer to 5 months, and she still has those dang knots in her legs. Not doing 6 months until the knots completely vanish. It's alright, momma! I'm sure you gave him plenty of kisses and hugs after.

I've been wondering a bit about your son being so physically advanced. My baby brother was like that. Rolling over at will before he was a month old, running by 7 months, and completely potty trained at 18. In him it was a sign of ADHD. Not saying your boy has it, but that was why my brother developed so quickly. He is gifted when it comes to sports. If he had stuck with it, I have no doubt he's be in major league baseball. Maybe these are the first signs of a professional baseball, football, or basketball player!

katylady August 15th, 2012 07:44 AM

hopefully the shots won't bother him too much.

these babies are growing up fast!

QueenBee_2012 August 15th, 2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyctre (Post 26405432)
We could have told you he was doing things early. lol

I forgot to do Tylenol for Winter's last batch of shots. I got hers a little late, closer to 5 months, and she still has those dang knots in her legs. Not doing 6 months until the knots completely vanish. It's alright, momma! I'm sure you gave him plenty of kisses and hugs after.

I've been wondering a bit about your son being so physically advanced. My baby brother was like that. Rolling over at will before he was a month old, running by 7 months, and completely potty trained at 18. In him it was a sign of ADHD. Not saying your boy has it, but that was why my brother developed so quickly. He is gifted when it comes to sports. If he had stuck with it, I have no doubt he's be in major league baseball. Maybe these are the first signs of a professional baseball, football, or basketball player!

Thanks ladies, and thank, Spyctre you for telling me this. As he get's older and if he doesn't slow down, I will definitely run that past the pedi. It's surely something to watch for. In my other mommy group they call him superbaby and feels like he's going to be an olympian one day.. LOL! He's just trying to keep up with his 3 big brother's I like to think. ;)

lovemylittlemiss August 15th, 2012 02:45 PM

That's awesome!

I was also going to say that maybe he'll be really athletic when he's older. Was he overdue? I've always wonder if babies that baked a little longer ended up being a bit more advanced.

I wouldn't worry about not giving the tylenol before the shots. I've actually read that some experts say NOT to do this because it may decrease the immune response. Here's an article talking about it: No Tylenol Before Shots for Infants | Seattle Mama Doc

QueenBee_2012 August 15th, 2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemylittlemiss (Post 26407749)
That's awesome!

I was also going to say that maybe he'll be really athletic when he's older. Was he overdue? I've always wonder if babies that baked a little longer ended up being a bit more advanced.

I wouldn't worry about not giving the tylenol before the shots. I've actually read that some experts say NOT to do this because it may decrease the immune response. Here's an article talking about it: No Tylenol Before Shots for Infants | Seattle Mama Doc

=). Nope, he came on his due date! He was quite active and painful to carry though. He wasn't BIG, he was just unruly. Thanks for the info, now I'm glad that I forgot the Tylenol and that I did that last two times also. Hehe!