JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Teething (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2562843-teething.html)

lovemylittlemiss August 17th, 2012 03:29 PM

Teething

For BTDT moms and mom's whose babies have already started teething:

How long did teething typically last for the first teeth? I read somewhere online they're usually bothered for 3-5 days and then the tooth finally breaks through and they're better. I've been able to see that she has her bottom tooth (or teeth) coming in for over a week but so far nothing has poked through. Her ped. saw it on Tuesday too. It seems like this is taking foooorrrever! She hasn't been sleeping well since this started :/

kellysensei August 17th, 2012 03:58 PM

Re: Teething

Evan's two bottom teeth have popped out; he was really cranky for almost two weeks (though he had a virus for a few days, too). He's been waking 2-4 times a night instead of once, and I've just about had it. With DS1, each tooth took forever to break through, too.

He loves chewing on Sophie the giraffe and just about anything else!

Blue-Jay August 17th, 2012 06:26 PM

I think it's normal for the tooth to sort of surface and then recede and surface and recede for a while. I know it did with two of my baby sisters. I'm really sorry, and I hope her tooth comes through and stays through soon!

RandE August 17th, 2012 10:31 PM

I hope it comes through quick. I was lucky. Rhydians first tooth took 2 days from start to finish and both were in within 5 days. He was easy too- only a little fussy.

LuckyCharm August 18th, 2012 06:55 AM

Philibert first teeth popped out early July, when he was 5 months old. The 2 top teeth popped about 2 weeks ago. He doesn't seem to bothered, he smiles and giggles and is happy. All I noticed is LOT of drooling for about 10 days - a few days before and a few days after the tooth popping out.

Sunkist20 August 18th, 2012 05:19 PM

Ryne was teething for awhile (drooling and chewing on everything) but I really only noticed him being cranky the day before one of them popped. Then he was fine again and 2 days later another one popped through. I think another is about to show up but who knows when it'll actually come. It's kind of a guessing game! Ryne is pretty easy when it comes to teething

MissusF August 19th, 2012 09:10 PM

Claire just popped her first tooth out on Friday morning. I noticed a little bump on her gum about a week beforehand. Her sleep was slightly disturbed and she was maybe a little fussier than usual but nothing bad. Thursday I could see the tooth under the skin and Friday morning it broke through. So the 3-5 day thing was pretty accurate for us.