JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/)
-   -   HELP! Wedding and Bedtime Controversy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1944-2012-playroom/2567658-help-wedding-and-bedtime-controversy.html)

Skylee August 30th, 2012 12:51 PM

HELP! Wedding and Bedtime Controversy

I would LOVE some advice or help here. Next weekend we have a relative's wedding. The wedding doesn't start till 7:30 pm and then a reception is afterwards. My LO has an early bedtime at 6:30 pm. I would love to bring her along, but I worry about her getting over tired. This weekend is going to be a crazy weekend as well, so I don't know if I want her to have two weekends in a row with all that loss of sleep. She just got over an ear infection as well. I thought about going to the wedding with her and then leaving shortly after the reception begins. We don't switch up the routine very often. Should I make this an exception? Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated!

Spyctre August 31st, 2012 07:00 AM

Re: HELP! Wedding and Bedtime Controversy

From experience I can tell you that if you want your child to be up past his or her bedtime, be prepared for a screaming baby. She might be entertained enough to not care if she's tired, but you won't know till you are there, and that entertainment usually doesn't keep them distracted for long. Good thing is weddings are usually very short. I've never been to one longer than 15 minutes. There are people with really long ceremonies, though. I'd find out just how long.

And also your baby might just sleep through everything. You can always hope! =)

Knowing my child, I wouldn't bring her to something an hour past her bedtime. I just couldn't enjoy myself with the hassle of a cranky baby.

Girl IS my name August 31st, 2012 09:53 AM

I'm taking mine to a football game this weekend and it's an evening one. We're going to put her in the wrap and hope she'll fall asleep. She's really good with noise. She may just get to sleep in her clothes she's worn all day that night.

Sunkist20 September 3rd, 2012 06:27 PM

Id find someone to watch the baby, go out and enjoy yourself for an evening!!

Iluvmybabies* September 3rd, 2012 11:54 PM

It definetly depends on the child my first and third are very good and will sleep through anything but my second and fourth will not and would probably not be to happy but I can maximize the chance of hapeiness by being prepaired like bringing something comfey to put baby in lots of blankies and lots of toys, I hope you figure it out good luck

MissusF September 4th, 2012 11:00 AM

Claire gets really fussy and hard to deal with if she's up past her bed time. Taking her would not be an option for us. I would find a good sitter and enjoy a night out alone with your hubby :)

Skylee September 21st, 2012 07:47 AM

Thanks Ladies! I choose to get a sitter. And I am soooo glad we did!